Im closer to the mid point of my life than I care to admit. Sending my youngest child off to college this January will officially make my husband and I "empty nesters". Its a momentous occasion that I am fortunate to be able to celebrate and share with my college bound kid. This whole adventure has been in the works since last March. Searching for the best destination was such a thrill. If you haven't noticed we live on a beautiful planet. It was a tough decision and it has been even harder to keep secret from my teenager! You see she knows that we are taking a trip out of the country and that it will be some place warm and that's it. A person would have to be dillusional to think that anything involving a teenage girl didn't come with strings attached. I did have some guidleines. Something off the beaten path and "rainforesty',Through all these past 8 months of planning I have never once been let down by the exceptional service I have received from the staff at the resort I chose. Countless emails asking every question a novice traveler could ask, all were replied to promptly and warmly. So much has gone into planning, trying very hard to make it so as many of my daughters dreams and some of my own would come true. All of this is just around the corner. Our excitement builds every day that passes. In less then 23 days I will have the pleasure of seeing her eyes light up when, right before we check-in for our flight, I divulge our destination.....
Two Girls and a Secret Destination
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 2 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 3 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 4 Islands with great nightlife
- 5 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 6 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 7 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 8 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 9 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 10 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 11 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 12 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 13 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 14 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 15 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 16 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 17 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 18 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 19 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 20 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 21 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 22 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 23 Beaches Turks question
- 24 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 25 Curacao - where to stay