Im closer to the mid point of my life than I care to admit. Sending my youngest child off to college this January will officially make my husband and I "empty nesters". Its a momentous occasion that I am fortunate to be able to celebrate and share with my college bound kid. This whole adventure has been in the works since last March. Searching for the best destination was such a thrill. If you haven't noticed we live on a beautiful planet. It was a tough decision and it has been even harder to keep secret from my teenager! You see she knows that we are taking a trip out of the country and that it will be some place warm and that's it. A person would have to be dillusional to think that anything involving a teenage girl didn't come with strings attached. I did have some guidleines. Something off the beaten path and "rainforesty',Through all these past 8 months of planning I have never once been let down by the exceptional service I have received from the staff at the resort I chose. Countless emails asking every question a novice traveler could ask, all were replied to promptly and warmly. So much has gone into planning, trying very hard to make it so as many of my daughters dreams and some of my own would come true. All of this is just around the corner. Our excitement builds every day that passes. In less then 23 days I will have the pleasure of seeing her eyes light up when, right before we check-in for our flight, I divulge our destination.....
Two Girls and a Secret Destination
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 2 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 3 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 4 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 5 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 6 Tipping at AI
- 7 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 8 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 9 Traveling Solo
- 10 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 11 A Volcanic Paradise
- 12 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 13 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 14 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 15 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 16 St. Kitts, the details
- 17 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 18 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 19 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 20 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 21 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 22 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 23 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 24 8 TUFF MILES
- 25 Puerto Rico Nightlife?