the very very good was our Villa and a relative bargain on an expensive island for a completely private pool, view and nicely appointed and landscaped property. It was our reason for choosing this island. And it was the reason we failed to have a dinner out - well that and the fact that the only reservation I made was quickly canceled when I was reminded it was during a big football game!
We managed many wonderful meals provisioned thru IGA on the back Lanai at the grill watching the sunset over beautiful Cooper Jack Bay.
Meals out included two stops at Bugaloos (best conch fritters} with such welcoming and team service. As I talked story with one of our waiters, mentioning I had seen the video footage of Hurricane Joaquin, we both teared up. We also dined at Hemingways and The Deck at Sevens. We stopped in at Las Brisas with good intentions to return. Alas. . The cancelled dinner was Caicos Cafe. That's how you make a marraige work.
Our host, most of the people we encountered were wonderful.
The Bad: Well The Deck at Sevens was both good and bad. The food - cracked conch and tuna tartar were very disappointing. Relaxing with an adult beverage adjacent to the beautiful Grace Bay was wonderful.
Service, either at a restaurant or grocer I found an odd disconnect in service between females and males. I know this sounds horrible, but more then once we felt completely dismissed by a female worker, whereas the male counterpart was always attentive. I don't know how to share that without sounding like a jerk, but it is what we experienced - not everywhere, but often enough to notice.
The trash laden areas. We were shocked with such disregard for the land, as we are frequent visitors to Hawaii where the land/aina is sacred. I understand the recylce center burned down, and there seems to be no rush to return to recycling on the islands.
The premiere has a big bulge in his back pocket, and it's not pretty
All in all we loved our Villa stay and enjoyed traipsing around the island. We would gladly return for another villa destination, but alas the island itself doesn't call us. So glad we went regardless of our mixed review. And thank you to those whose posts helped guide us!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 YAHOO@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎* 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h 24/7
- 2 YAHOO@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎* 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h 24/7
- 3 YAHOO GOT THE APP CONTACT 1:800:982:8520 TEC*H SUPPORT CAre 24/7
- 4 Changes to travel US-Cuba
- 5 Post Christmas vacation -- where to go?
- 6 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 7 Negril questions
- 8 Upcoming Cuba trip- 12 days
- 9 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 10 Best weather/where to travel early November?!
- 11 No Mold - Family Friendly Place to Stay?
- 12 Girls' trip, after Anguilla
- 13 Grace Bay-where to stay
- 14 what island to go to Feb 2018)
- 15 Hiking in St. John
- 16 Reefs vs Fairmont Southampton?
- 17 Where to go - March/April 2018?
- 18 Honeymoon in October/November! Help!
- 19 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 20 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 21 Where in DR?
- 22 Honeymoon
- 23 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 24 Curacao times 2
- 25 Help us choose a caribbean location!