the very very good was our Villa and a relative bargain on an expensive island for a completely private pool, view and nicely appointed and landscaped property. It was our reason for choosing this island. And it was the reason we failed to have a dinner out - well that and the fact that the only reservation I made was quickly canceled when I was reminded it was during a big football game!
We managed many wonderful meals provisioned thru IGA on the back Lanai at the grill watching the sunset over beautiful Cooper Jack Bay.
Meals out included two stops at Bugaloos (best conch fritters} with such welcoming and team service. As I talked story with one of our waiters, mentioning I had seen the video footage of Hurricane Joaquin, we both teared up. We also dined at Hemingways and The Deck at Sevens. We stopped in at Las Brisas with good intentions to return. Alas. . The cancelled dinner was Caicos Cafe. That's how you make a marraige work.
Our host, most of the people we encountered were wonderful.
The Bad: Well The Deck at Sevens was both good and bad. The food - cracked conch and tuna tartar were very disappointing. Relaxing with an adult beverage adjacent to the beautiful Grace Bay was wonderful.
Service, either at a restaurant or grocer I found an odd disconnect in service between females and males. I know this sounds horrible, but more then once we felt completely dismissed by a female worker, whereas the male counterpart was always attentive. I don't know how to share that without sounding like a jerk, but it is what we experienced - not everywhere, but often enough to notice.
The trash laden areas. We were shocked with such disregard for the land, as we are frequent visitors to Hawaii where the land/aina is sacred. I understand the recylce center burned down, and there seems to be no rush to return to recycling on the islands.
The premiere has a big bulge in his back pocket, and it's not pretty
All in all we loved our Villa stay and enjoyed traipsing around the island. We would gladly return for another villa destination, but alas the island itself doesn't call us. So glad we went regardless of our mixed review. And thank you to those whose posts helped guide us!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 The A-Z Of Making Money On The Internet - E - Email Marketing
- 2 토토총판 모집 【 'kakao: dnj2016●텔레그램 : speed2017' 】
- 3 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 4 DR vs. Mexico
- 5 Surf Fly Fishing
- 6 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 7 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 8 Family of 5 undecided island
- 9 Christmas 2017
- 10 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 11 Honeymoon Help!!
- 12 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 13 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 14 All inclusive
- 15 BVI trip questions
- 16 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 17 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 18 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 19 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 20 family resort ideas?
- 21 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 22 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 23 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 24 First time to Puerto Rico
- 25 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure