We are looking for a short 3 or 4 night getaway late May.
We are a couple in our early 30’s. Not into partying…we do enjoy good food & drinks. Main purpose of our trip is to relax but we’d also like to rent a car and do some sight-seeing (historical sites, beautiful scenery) or take an excursion.
Right now we are looking at Turks & Caicos but from what I’ve read the actual island isn’t very pretty (besides the beach) and there won’t be much to do in terms of history (ok for such a short trip). We just want to relax in a beautiful place for a few days.
Based on our interests and needs would T&C be a good fit or would you recommend somewhere else? Bermuda is great but I have been there numerous times and want to try something new. I also really liked Barbados but it’s kind of far for a short trip.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 2 BVI trip questions
- 3 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 4 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 5 aruba fun!!!
- 6 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 7 Peterson
- 8 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 9 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 10 St.Lucia newbie
- 11 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 12 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 13 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 14 Turks and caicos
- 15 Aruba weather
- 16 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 17 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 18 Turks and caicos
- 19 Cruise stop activities
- 20 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 21 Jade Mountain
- 22 Honeymoon Help!!
- 23 Bermuda
- 24 Restaurant Suggestions
- 25 Havana Cuba for 2 days
Turks & Caicos or another island for a short getaway from NYC?