I'm hoping you kind people can help me make a decision on which island/location in turks and caicos.
I am going with a family group - 5 adults plus an 8 month old baby for a 2 week trip to TCI at the end of April.
We have already arranged accommodation in a villa on Grace Bay for the first week of our trip but are having great diffficulty deciding what to do for the second week!
We are torn between staying on Provo for the second week or going to another island for the second week. Factors we've considered are
1) might get bored on Provo for 2 weeks - change of scene on another island might be good. Or maybe would we be better moving to a different location on Provo.
2)Other islands could be very remote with baby and lack of facilites? Maybe better to do a day trip?
3)Other islands could be too quiet for us! Though maybe Grand Turk might be woth a week?
We're planning on taking it relatively easy - lots of trips to beach, chilling out, few trips but don't need to be kept occupied all day. Baby is still relatively young so its not like we need any special facilities/kids clubs etc for her. Just worried 2 weeks in same place might be a bit much!
We are leaving in 2 weeks so need to make a decision but would be great to hear opinions/recommendations from someone who's been there? We're first time visitors and paralysed with indecision!
Also any tips on baby friendly outings would be much appreciated. And if anyone knows what availability of baby food/diapers is like and if they are very expensive we'd really appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 2 Tortola Where to stay on a Budget?!
- 3 Restaurant selection in Grand Case
- 4 San Juan Restaurant Rec for 48
- 5 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 6 Looking for destination suggestions
- 7 Favorite Anguilla Restaurants
- 8 Virgin Islands, Bahamas, or Puerto Rico
- 9 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 10 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 11 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 12 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 13 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 14 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 15 Any suggestions??
- 16 Gustavia stay
- 17 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 18 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 19 My week in Guadeloupe
- 20 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 21 Which Island?
- 22 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 23 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
- 24 Freeport, Bahamas
- 25 A few questions about St. John (car, hiking, etc)
Turks and Caicos with a 8 month old - which island for 2nd week of trip