Well, we're back...and had a great time in Provo. Thanks for all the wonderful advice from Blamona and Virigina and others...We stayed at Lakouba Villa in Sapodilla Bay and it was fabulous!!! Highly recommend the Villa and the location. We were very away from the tourist and hussle of the grace bay side, but we didn't mind that at all...we loved it. The water is the best in the world...and we've been to many caribbean islands. I can only think of 3 disappointments...Mosquitos in the evening (but we have them at home, so we are used to them) and then we never able to buy fresh fish at five cays...that was a little difficult to find and kinda bad part of town and no fish. Also the potcakes were a major problem on our beach...there was a pack of them that chased the tourists renting the villas, including us, so we had to stay on our private area. We called authorities and Potcake foundation, etc. and little was done while we were there. These were no nice pack either...they were agressive and scared all the kids. The day before we left, a news crew came and shot a show on them to get the authorities to do something..hopefuly that will work. Other than that it was a great week...would love to be there again!!!!
Turks and Caicos Trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 2 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 3 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 4 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 5 just be careful
- 6 Restaurants in Aruba
- 7 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 8 Snorkeling
- 9 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 10 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 11 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 12 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 13 shore excursions
- 14 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 15 Bahamas girls trip
- 16 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 17 Safe for Family
- 18 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 19 Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- 20 Turtle Beach, Barbados
- 21 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 22 Curacao vs Barbados
- 23 Honeymoon Destination
- 24 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 25 10 days in Cuba - HELP