Well, we're back...and had a great time in Provo. Thanks for all the wonderful advice from Blamona and Virigina and others...We stayed at Lakouba Villa in Sapodilla Bay and it was fabulous!!! Highly recommend the Villa and the location. We were very away from the tourist and hussle of the grace bay side, but we didn't mind that at all...we loved it. The water is the best in the world...and we've been to many caribbean islands. I can only think of 3 disappointments...Mosquitos in the evening (but we have them at home, so we are used to them) and then we never able to buy fresh fish at five cays...that was a little difficult to find and kinda bad part of town and no fish. Also the potcakes were a major problem on our beach...there was a pack of them that chased the tourists renting the villas, including us, so we had to stay on our private area. We called authorities and Potcake foundation, etc. and little was done while we were there. These were no nice pack either...they were agressive and scared all the kids. The day before we left, a news crew came and shot a show on them to get the authorities to do something..hopefuly that will work. Other than that it was a great week...would love to be there again!!!!
Turks and Caicos Trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 2 Resort villa suggestions
- 3 Florida or caribbean
- 4 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 5 Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!
- 6 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 7 The best thing that I found in this formula
- 8 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 9 Waterskiing in TCI???
- 10 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 11 Occidental Grand or Riu Palace Antillas?
- 12 Suggestions for Solo Travel for Woman in Late 30's
- 13 Best Island To Honeymoon To?
- 14 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 15 Honeymoon in Caribbean & US - HELP!
- 16 Some "Don't Miss" Stuff on St. Martin Please
- 17 Cost of liquor in Turks and Caicos
- 18 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 19 safety in Jamaica, college spring break, 2015
- 20 rent a car??
- 21 Family with two teen boys and my dad/ their grandpa
- 22 Turks and Caicos Accommodations Question - West Bay Club
- 23 Trip to Grenada vs Anguilla vs Nevis
- 24 A few last minute Cuba questions! (two week trip)
- 25 Cuba Opening Up