Well, we're back...and had a great time in Provo. Thanks for all the wonderful advice from Blamona and Virigina and others...We stayed at Lakouba Villa in Sapodilla Bay and it was fabulous!!! Highly recommend the Villa and the location. We were very away from the tourist and hussle of the grace bay side, but we didn't mind that at all...we loved it. The water is the best in the world...and we've been to many caribbean islands. I can only think of 3 disappointments...Mosquitos in the evening (but we have them at home, so we are used to them) and then we never able to buy fresh fish at five cays...that was a little difficult to find and kinda bad part of town and no fish. Also the potcakes were a major problem on our beach...there was a pack of them that chased the tourists renting the villas, including us, so we had to stay on our private area. We called authorities and Potcake foundation, etc. and little was done while we were there. These were no nice pack either...they were agressive and scared all the kids. The day before we left, a news crew came and shot a show on them to get the authorities to do something..hopefuly that will work. Other than that it was a great week...would love to be there again!!!!
Turks and Caicos Trip
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 2 not tell a litigation a which basically ch
- 3 Jamaica all inclusive
- 4 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 5 Why Barbados?
- 6 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 7 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 8 Cuba Opening Up
- 9 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 10 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 11 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 12 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 13 Just back from The Somerset
- 14 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 15 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 16 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 17 Sandals Resorts
- 18 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 19 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 20 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 21 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 22 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 23 Cuba in 10 days
- 24 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 25 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic