Well, we're back...and had a great time in Provo. Thanks for all the wonderful advice from Blamona and Virigina and others...We stayed at Lakouba Villa in Sapodilla Bay and it was fabulous!!! Highly recommend the Villa and the location. We were very away from the tourist and hussle of the grace bay side, but we didn't mind that at all...we loved it. The water is the best in the world...and we've been to many caribbean islands. I can only think of 3 disappointments...Mosquitos in the evening (but we have them at home, so we are used to them) and then we never able to buy fresh fish at five cays...that was a little difficult to find and kinda bad part of town and no fish. Also the potcakes were a major problem on our beach...there was a pack of them that chased the tourists renting the villas, including us, so we had to stay on our private area. We called authorities and Potcake foundation, etc. and little was done while we were there. These were no nice pack either...they were agressive and scared all the kids. The day before we left, a news crew came and shot a show on them to get the authorities to do something..hopefuly that will work. Other than that it was a great week...would love to be there again!!!!
Turks and Caicos Trip
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 2 Wedding Help!
- 3 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 4 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 5 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 6 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 7 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 8 Islands with great nightlife
- 9 month stay on a caribbean island
- 10 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 11 Where to stay on Vieques
- 12 Ferry to Rum Point
- 13 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 14 Family with infants/toddlers
- 15 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 16 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 17 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 18 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 19 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 20 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 21 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 22 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 23 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 24 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 25 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?