My husband and I had a great, although too short, trip to Provo. This was our first trip to Turks and Caicos and we loved it. Our flight left Boston around 8am and we arrived shortly after 11am...almost an hour early. We got through Customs, checked in at The Sibonne, to Hemingways for a quick lunch, and were on the beach around 1pm. The Sibonne was just what we were looking for during this trip. No pampering, but plenty of privacy. The staff was always helpful and available to answer questions, but not hovering. We could leave our room and walk to the beach without encountering another person. (Not that we're anti-social, but we only had 3 days and were hoping to have as much peace and quiet as possible.) The rooms were large and clean and the king size bed was very comfortable. We were on the 2nd floor w/balcony and I think the cost ended up being slightly over $230 per night. We walked to the liquor store to stock up on beer, soda, and snacks. Glad to have the mini-fridge and coffee in the room. Breakfast was about $6 per day, as we would get the Continental (included in room rate) and each of us would get a side of something. We used the pc in the outdoor lobby to check in on the grandparents babysitting the kids back home. I would definitely go back with my husband and/or 1 of the kids. If our family of 4 were traveling, we'd most likely stay at a condo just for the extra space. I did like the beach in front of the Sibonne better than some of the larger resorts...no chairs lined up side by side, just well-spaced umbrellas that were always available, as well as plenty of beach chairs. The Bay Bistro was excellent for dinner and we ended up at Hemingways for lunch a couple of times. We walked to Danny Buoy's Irish pub one night, but really didn't have enough time during this trip to get out and dine. Other than the fantastic and uncrowded beaches, the highlight of our short trip was a 2-hour guided jet ski tour we did with Sun and Fun. It was well worth the cost, and only us, with one other couple and our guide. Sun and Fun picked us up at the hotel and took us to the marina on the south side of the island. We were out for a good 2 hours and went as far as North Caicos. We stopped and walked around some little island (forget which one). We were expecting a rather sedate ride, and we were glad to be wrong. We were covered with salty sea-water by the end of the trip and it was a blast. Overall, we had a fantastic time and would love to go back with the kids. There's not a lot of night life and shopping, but if we wanted that, we'd have gone somewhere else. It's been a long time since I've seen a beautiful beach that's not over-run with high-rise condos and hotels, traffic noise, and people lined up with only a few feet of space in between, so this was a real gem. Thanks to everyone who gave us advice on this forum.
Turks and Caicos trip report-The Sibonne
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Advice needed
- 2 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 3 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 4 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 5 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 6 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 7 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 8 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 9 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 10 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 11 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 12 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 13 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 14 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 15 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 16 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 17 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 18 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 19 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 20 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 21 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 22 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 23 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 24 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 25 Which island?