My husband and I had a great, although too short, trip to Provo. This was our first trip to Turks and Caicos and we loved it. Our flight left Boston around 8am and we arrived shortly after 11am...almost an hour early. We got through Customs, checked in at The Sibonne, to Hemingways for a quick lunch, and were on the beach around 1pm. The Sibonne was just what we were looking for during this trip. No pampering, but plenty of privacy. The staff was always helpful and available to answer questions, but not hovering. We could leave our room and walk to the beach without encountering another person. (Not that we're anti-social, but we only had 3 days and were hoping to have as much peace and quiet as possible.) The rooms were large and clean and the king size bed was very comfortable. We were on the 2nd floor w/balcony and I think the cost ended up being slightly over $230 per night. We walked to the liquor store to stock up on beer, soda, and snacks. Glad to have the mini-fridge and coffee in the room. Breakfast was about $6 per day, as we would get the Continental (included in room rate) and each of us would get a side of something. We used the pc in the outdoor lobby to check in on the grandparents babysitting the kids back home. I would definitely go back with my husband and/or 1 of the kids. If our family of 4 were traveling, we'd most likely stay at a condo just for the extra space. I did like the beach in front of the Sibonne better than some of the larger resorts...no chairs lined up side by side, just well-spaced umbrellas that were always available, as well as plenty of beach chairs. The Bay Bistro was excellent for dinner and we ended up at Hemingways for lunch a couple of times. We walked to Danny Buoy's Irish pub one night, but really didn't have enough time during this trip to get out and dine. Other than the fantastic and uncrowded beaches, the highlight of our short trip was a 2-hour guided jet ski tour we did with Sun and Fun. It was well worth the cost, and only us, with one other couple and our guide. Sun and Fun picked us up at the hotel and took us to the marina on the south side of the island. We were out for a good 2 hours and went as far as North Caicos. We stopped and walked around some little island (forget which one). We were expecting a rather sedate ride, and we were glad to be wrong. We were covered with salty sea-water by the end of the trip and it was a blast. Overall, we had a fantastic time and would love to go back with the kids. There's not a lot of night life and shopping, but if we wanted that, we'd have gone somewhere else. It's been a long time since I've seen a beautiful beach that's not over-run with high-rise condos and hotels, traffic noise, and people lined up with only a few feet of space in between, so this was a real gem. Thanks to everyone who gave us advice on this forum.
Turks and Caicos trip report-The Sibonne
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 2 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 3 Traveling Solo
- 4 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 5 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 6 A Volcanic Paradise
- 7 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 8 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 9 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 10 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 11 St. Kitts, the details
- 12 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 13 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 14 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 15 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 16 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 17 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 18 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 19 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 20 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 21 8 TUFF MILES
- 22 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 23 1 week in San Juan
- 24 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?
- 25 St John - The East End - Aqua Bistro