Couple in their mid 20's from the Northeast taking a 5 day vacation the beginning of May. Both have never been the a Caribbean Island. Budget is around $3000 (which includes resort, food, transportation, airfare would be will to increase for a really nice resort if its worth it). We have narrowed it down to two islands, Turks and Caicos or Puerto Rico. All other islands wont work because either there isn't a direct flight, too long of a flight (over 4 hrs), area isn't that warm (Bahamas and Bermuda).
Must be resort hotel (doesn't have to be AI and no condo type hotels)
Want to relax by the pool and/or on the beach
Be able to do some activities (either water or going to eat and explore the area)
Where of these two islands would you say be best? and where on each island should we stay? Please also list any resort recommendation.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 PR or USVI
- 2 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 3 Caribbeanvilla.com - DO NOT book through this site
- 4 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 5 Which Caribbean island?
- 6 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 7 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 8 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 9 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 10 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 11 5 days in Havana
- 12 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 13 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 16 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 17 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 18 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 19 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 20 Scrub Island Resort
- 21 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 22 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 23 Wedding Destinations???
- 24 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 25 Down to two in January have we got it right