Couple in their mid 20's from the Northeast taking a 5 day vacation the beginning of May. Both have never been the a Caribbean Island. Budget is around $3000 (which includes resort, food, transportation, airfare would be will to increase for a really nice resort if its worth it). We have narrowed it down to two islands, Turks and Caicos or Puerto Rico. All other islands wont work because either there isn't a direct flight, too long of a flight (over 4 hrs), area isn't that warm (Bahamas and Bermuda).
Must be resort hotel (doesn't have to be AI and no condo type hotels)
Want to relax by the pool and/or on the beach
Be able to do some activities (either water or going to eat and explore the area)
Where of these two islands would you say be best? and where on each island should we stay? Please also list any resort recommendation.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Puerto Plata Lifestyle Crown Residence Suites
- 2 Welltravbrit's Cuba Trip Report - Finally!
- 3 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 4 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 5 aruba planning advice
- 6 Move to grand cayman
- 7 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 8 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 9 Malaria Punta Cana
- 10 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 11 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 12 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 13 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 14 New Destination
- 15 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 16 Bahamas help
- 17 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 18 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 19 Vacation suggestion, please
- 20 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 21 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 22 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 23 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 24 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 25 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas