Couple in their mid 20's from the Northeast taking a 5 day vacation the beginning of May. Both have never been the a Caribbean Island. Budget is around $3000 (which includes resort, food, transportation, airfare would be will to increase for a really nice resort if its worth it). We have narrowed it down to two islands, Turks and Caicos or Puerto Rico. All other islands wont work because either there isn't a direct flight, too long of a flight (over 4 hrs), area isn't that warm (Bahamas and Bermuda).
Must be resort hotel (doesn't have to be AI and no condo type hotels)
Want to relax by the pool and/or on the beach
Be able to do some activities (either water or going to eat and explore the area)
Where of these two islands would you say be best? and where on each island should we stay? Please also list any resort recommendation.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 2 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 3 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 4 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 5 Turks and caicos
- 6 St.Lucia newbie
- 7 Aruba weather
- 8 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 9 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 10 Turks and caicos
- 11 Cruise stop activities
- 12 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 13 Jade Mountain
- 14 Honeymoon Help!!
- 15 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 16 Bermuda
- 17 Restaurant Suggestions
- 18 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 19 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 20 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 21 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 22 Taxi info. Self touring
- 23 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 24 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 25 Half Moon Montego Bay questions