I went to Turks and Caicos this past summer, I’m fourteen years old, and it was probably the most fun vacation I have ever had. The villa we stayed in was called Conch Pearl; it had a flat screen tv in every bedroom, a Wii in one room, in the main room it had a surround sound system with an iPod and DVD player. There was also a weight room, sun room, outside kitchen with a grill, a swimming pool with a slide and waterfall, hot tub, two outdoor showers (one with a view of the Caribbean, quite an amazing experience), washer & dryer, and we were right on the beach with access to two canoes; our backyard had a path leading right down onto the beach. We enjoyed many activities, such as parasailing, snorkeling, fishing, and jet skiing. We booked our parasailing, snorkeling, and fishing trips all through Silver Deep; this is the way to go. The Italian woman who worked there arranged everything for us and everything was very simple, timely, and easy to set up. We had a blast every day, especially the full day snorkeling trip we took. Our guides Shaun and Andy were awesome; they caught us fresh conch and cooked it on the beach for us for lunch. This was an all day trip and beautiful snorkeling and we saw some of the most amazing and unique fish (also an eagle ray, nurse sharks and even a black tip shark). On this snorkeling trip, not only did we snorkel in this surreally beautiful water, but also did some exploring and sightseeing; we went to a beach (possibly the most beautiful and perfect one I have ever seen) which was near the summerhouses of Jay-z, Bruce Willis, and Bill Cosby. We had Shaun as our fishing guide as well for the 4 hour fishing trip we booked through Silver Deep; I would request this guy he really is good. On the way back to the dock from the day out fishing the guides on the boat cleaned the fresh fish we caught for us while we were on our way back (we had quite a bit of success, drop the line in the water and you pull it right up with a fish). My dad cooked the Spanish mackerel (that I caught) and grouper on the grill at our villa immediately when we got back home for a mid afternoon lunch. My dad went golfing one day and he said the course was beautiful. He played with a guy from Casablanca dad called Rick. I do not know why dad thought that was funny. My mom spent one day at the Regent Palms Spa. Mom liked the spa, but my parents liked Seven Stars the best while watching me and my older brother go parasailing. A couple of days my family just stayed at our villa and we had a ton of fun just staying there. My dad, me and my older brother went jet skiing at the east end of the main road. The guy Devin? helped us get started and we had a blast. Everybody on the island was extremely friendly, and they helped us with directions, gave my dad tips on restaurants, anything you need. The food at every restaurant was just awesome; if you’ve never had conch before GO to DA CONCH SHACK, the food was wonderful and the location is unbelievable (it overlooks the Caribbean and is right on the beach!) Hemingway’s, Coco Bistro, and the restaurant at the Sibonne were all great places to go as well. Turks and Caicos would be a fun vacation for all ages, so you should go there and have the time of your life!
turks and caicos; great summer trip with my family
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 2 Planning A College Graduation Trip In May
- 3 Security guard in Turks and Caicos?
- 4 On the beach staffed villa rental in the Caribbean
- 5 The best spots in St. Kitts
- 6 Ideas for a Quick Summer Getaway
- 7 HELP -Barbados - Antigua - T&C
- 8 St. Maartin 5 days safe and easy traveling
- 9 Barbados question where to stay
- 10 Barbados Ferry Service
- 11 Favorite Caribbean Island - Where would you retire ?
- 12 BVI Honeymoon Help
- 13 Antigua - Do Fodorites really go there ?
- 14 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 15 Caribbean with grown kids
- 16 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 17 Grenada or St.Kitts/Nevis
- 18 Driving in Aurba
- 19 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 20 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 21 Puerto Rico during Holy Week
- 22 Restaurant in Aruba
- 23 Turks & Caicos Activities - What's Your Top 3?
- 24 Turks & Caicos- Help!! Where's Your Favorite Place to Stay?
- 25 Providenciales Airport