I'm getting married in late May next year, and we'd love to go somewhere in the Caribbean for our honeymoon immediately following the wedding. Problem is, like so many other people know, there's just too many options. Here's a couple things we know we want/don't want, and I'm hoping some of you can help me with the rest.
Roughly ~$10k budget for 7 nights
Nice beaches to relax on
A large room/suite with an ocean view
Availability of excursions for a couple days
All-inclusive is a maybe, but not a must
We don't want:
Lots of mosquitos
Traveling on rough, twisting island roads
A party-like atmosphere
Mexico, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, USVI
We've heard that St. Lucia is amazing, but I think it hits a couple of the don't want boxes. Any thoughts that you have on islands and resort options would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Do not miss the Tahiti
- 2 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 3 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 4 when to visit barbados
- 5 Honeymoon Help!!
- 6 Barbados Beaches
- 7 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 8 Punta Cana
- 9 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 10 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 11 Puerto Rico Questions: elec conv? hiking boots for El Yunque/
- 12 Suggestions for a 1 month first visit?
- 13 Surfing School recomendations, Puerto Rico?
- 14 Nonstop Flights from East Coast to Martinique and Guadeloupe from the US
- 15 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 16 Havana City Walk - Travel Report
- 17 Restaurant Recommendations
- 18 Trouble booking hotels!
- 19 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 20 Airport transfer PUJ
- 21 Bahama's outer island
- 22 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 23 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 24 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 25 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom