I'm getting married in late May next year, and we'd love to go somewhere in the Caribbean for our honeymoon immediately following the wedding. Problem is, like so many other people know, there's just too many options. Here's a couple things we know we want/don't want, and I'm hoping some of you can help me with the rest.
Roughly ~$10k budget for 7 nights
Nice beaches to relax on
A large room/suite with an ocean view
Availability of excursions for a couple days
All-inclusive is a maybe, but not a must
We don't want:
Lots of mosquitos
Traveling on rough, twisting island roads
A party-like atmosphere
Mexico, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, USVI
We've heard that St. Lucia is amazing, but I think it hits a couple of the don't want boxes. Any thoughts that you have on islands and resort options would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Weather in June?
- 2 Early 20's Couple
- 3 St. Barths Restaurant Recommendations
- 4 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 5 How can I top LI and Eluthera?
- 6 Anniversary Trip Options
- 7 Couple in early 20's
- 8 Boat Charter in BVI
- 9 Island with golf
- 10 2 Days in Dominica
- 11 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 12 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 13 Puerto Rico Trip Report - May, 2015
- 14 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 15 During times of need, let us donate for Nepal earthquake victims
- 16 St Thomas vs Puerto Rico
- 17 Location for 40th birthday celebration with friends
- 18 St. Martin/St. Maarten
- 19 travelling to St kitt and nervis
- 20 45th Birthday Celebration-Help!
- 21 Choosing an island
- 22 Reduit Beach is being ruined
- 23 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 24 Cabarete & Las Canas, DR: Where can I get info?
- 25 cabarete, dominican republic