I'm getting married in late May next year, and we'd love to go somewhere in the Caribbean for our honeymoon immediately following the wedding. Problem is, like so many other people know, there's just too many options. Here's a couple things we know we want/don't want, and I'm hoping some of you can help me with the rest.
Roughly ~$10k budget for 7 nights
Nice beaches to relax on
A large room/suite with an ocean view
Availability of excursions for a couple days
All-inclusive is a maybe, but not a must
We don't want:
Lots of mosquitos
Traveling on rough, twisting island roads
A party-like atmosphere
Mexico, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, USVI
We've heard that St. Lucia is amazing, but I think it hits a couple of the don't want boxes. Any thoughts that you have on islands and resort options would be greatly appreciated!
Trying to find an island for honeymoon in May
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Which Island?
- 2 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 3 St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos or riviera maya ?
- 4 Cheap(er) snorkeling destination
- 5 Where to go in the Caribbean
- 6 Punta Cana?
- 7 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 8 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 9 Advice needed
- 10 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 11 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 12 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 13 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 14 Rincon Puerto Rico
- 15 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 16 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 17 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 18 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 19 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 20 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 21 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 22 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 23 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 24 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 25 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?