I'm getting married in late May next year, and we'd love to go somewhere in the Caribbean for our honeymoon immediately following the wedding. Problem is, like so many other people know, there's just too many options. Here's a couple things we know we want/don't want, and I'm hoping some of you can help me with the rest.
Roughly ~$10k budget for 7 nights
Nice beaches to relax on
A large room/suite with an ocean view
Availability of excursions for a couple days
All-inclusive is a maybe, but not a must
We don't want:
Lots of mosquitos
Traveling on rough, twisting island roads
A party-like atmosphere
Mexico, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, USVI
We've heard that St. Lucia is amazing, but I think it hits a couple of the don't want boxes. Any thoughts that you have on islands and resort options would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.healthprograme.com/xtrcut-reviews/
- 2 Simply get this thing asked for now without postponing extra.
- 3 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 4 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 5 30th anniversary trip
- 6 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 7 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 8 Bermuda in February or March
- 9 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 10 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 11 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 12 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 13 Safest Islands for Us?
- 14 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 15 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 16 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 17 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 18 Narrowing it down
- 19 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 20 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 21 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
- 22 Help us choose a waterpark resort in Punta Cana
- 23 Destination Wedding
- 24 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 25 Help us plan a laid back honeymoon