Had a layover in Nassau for 4 hours, so thanks to Caribtraveler, went to Compass Point for lunch. The taxis all faught with us to take us there, gave us a $12 price. When we arrived, taxi charged us $20, (said had to pay full for 5 yr old which still isn't good math) threatened to call police. Who wants to spend a layover fighting anyway? Most prices of taxis are posted, but not to Compass Point, just 8 minutes from airport. Lunch was great, weather was great, until storms starting rolling in. Back to the airport, taxi only charge us $10 for all 3.
Flight down to North Eleuthera was eventful, plane went through squalls, tried to land, we were sent to Rock Sound (South Eleuthera) tried to land, then sent back to Nassau. Governor's Harbor plane(middle Eleuthera) was sent back to Nassau too-lighting all over, no vis. A 15 minute flight turned into 64 minutes. Airport was freezing. Watching the weather, a big giant rat (the size of a small dog) runs by-good thing I didn't have an appetite. 2 hours later, went back, uneventfully.
Compass Point was very colorful, just the way I like things. I would stay there.
Some pictures from lunch there:
(full size will be fuzzy, I think they do that so you can't print.)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 2 Regular visists to St. Thomas
- 3 St. Thomas EMS is dangerous
- 4 Turks/ Caicos/ Not Beaches,but where?
- 5 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 6 cell phone & wifi in Cuba
- 7 Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
- 8 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 9 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 10 30th anniversary trip
- 11 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 12 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 13 Bermuda in February or March
- 14 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 15 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 16 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 17 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 18 Safest Islands for Us?
- 19 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 20 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 21 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 22 Narrowing it down
- 23 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 24 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 25 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
Trip report w/pics Harbor Island, Eleuthera, Paradise