Had a layover in Nassau for 4 hours, so thanks to Caribtraveler, went to Compass Point for lunch. The taxis all faught with us to take us there, gave us a $12 price. When we arrived, taxi charged us $20, (said had to pay full for 5 yr old which still isn't good math) threatened to call police. Who wants to spend a layover fighting anyway? Most prices of taxis are posted, but not to Compass Point, just 8 minutes from airport. Lunch was great, weather was great, until storms starting rolling in. Back to the airport, taxi only charge us $10 for all 3.
Flight down to North Eleuthera was eventful, plane went through squalls, tried to land, we were sent to Rock Sound (South Eleuthera) tried to land, then sent back to Nassau. Governor's Harbor plane(middle Eleuthera) was sent back to Nassau too-lighting all over, no vis. A 15 minute flight turned into 64 minutes. Airport was freezing. Watching the weather, a big giant rat (the size of a small dog) runs by-good thing I didn't have an appetite. 2 hours later, went back, uneventfully.
Compass Point was very colorful, just the way I like things. I would stay there.
Some pictures from lunch there:
(full size will be fuzzy, I think they do that so you can't print.)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Lose Weight During The Holidays
- 2 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 3 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 4 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 5 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 6 Bermuda
- 7 Restaurant Suggestions
- 8 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 9 Honeymoon Help!!
- 10 Aruba weather
- 11 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 12 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 13 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 14 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 15 Taxi info. Self touring
- 16 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 17 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 18 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 19 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
- 20 Discovery Bay, Jamaica
- 21 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 22 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 23 Tips for Foodie Adventurers in Puerto Rico
- 24 Want to snorkel from hotel beach
- 25 St Lucia - Anse Chastenat - Crazy rate for a basic room without any confort
Trip report w/pics Harbor Island, Eleuthera, Paradise