Had a layover in Nassau for 4 hours, so thanks to Caribtraveler, went to Compass Point for lunch. The taxis all faught with us to take us there, gave us a $12 price. When we arrived, taxi charged us $20, (said had to pay full for 5 yr old which still isn't good math) threatened to call police. Who wants to spend a layover fighting anyway? Most prices of taxis are posted, but not to Compass Point, just 8 minutes from airport. Lunch was great, weather was great, until storms starting rolling in. Back to the airport, taxi only charge us $10 for all 3.
Flight down to North Eleuthera was eventful, plane went through squalls, tried to land, we were sent to Rock Sound (South Eleuthera) tried to land, then sent back to Nassau. Governor's Harbor plane(middle Eleuthera) was sent back to Nassau too-lighting all over, no vis. A 15 minute flight turned into 64 minutes. Airport was freezing. Watching the weather, a big giant rat (the size of a small dog) runs by-good thing I didn't have an appetite. 2 hours later, went back, uneventfully.
Compass Point was very colorful, just the way I like things. I would stay there.
Some pictures from lunch there:
(full size will be fuzzy, I think they do that so you can't print.)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.healtheverplus.com/viatropin/
- 2 The search engine optimization training
- 3 Butler room in Sandals Grande Riviera Ocho Rios
- 4 car rental in barbados
- 5 Where to go in August??? HELP!
- 6 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 7 Caribbean islands with kids in December
- 8 Trip report – 1st time in Turks & Caicos
- 9 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 10 Best restaurants in Bermuda
- 11 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 12 Rent a villa in Jamaica
- 13 Choosing the Right Island
- 14 We adore St. John...looking for something new!
- 15 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 16 Hawaii or Caribbean?
- 17 Aruba help!
- 18 St Martin
- 19 Planning a three week trip
- 20 Last minute - solo, self-reflection, sun, serene
- 21 Casa Karma
- 22 Honeymoon - please help!
- 23 50 yo single women trip to Caribbean
- 24 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 25 Cuba
Trip report w/pics Harbor Island, Eleuthera, Paradise