Took my wife and 2 kids during week of June 22 and stayed at the Sands. We had a great time and The Sands was very nice. I can't imagine what the other resorts offer that makes them so much more expensive than The Sands. We had a one bedroom garden view. The grounds were beautiful and the staff friendly. We rented a car and had no trouble driving on the "wrong side of the road". In fact it was kinda fun watching my family squirm as I negotiated the roudabouts. Hemmingways is a nice oceanfront dining experience, but the food is expensive anywhere you go. The snorkeling at Coral Gardens is good and you can walk it in about 25 minutes From The Sands but the drive is easy to get there. We saw turtles, rays, and fish, but no dolphins or sharks. One thing that was nice is that it doesn't seem crowded at all this time of year, and it is no problem getting a beach umbrella. We traveled the entire Island and felt safe. The belongers were friendly. The food is very expensive so we only ate out only a few times. Hemmingways was very good and the oceanfront view is nice. The best food we had was at the Mango Reef and the service was a little better there. Also try the Saltmills Cafe for a really good burger. Da Conch Shack is OK , but go there for the experience, not the food. The Tiki hut was good too. The Salt Mills Mall doesn't offer much in the way of shopping. We took a tour of the Conch farm and that is worth doing if you got kids. Grace Bay has the most beautiful water I have ever seen. This was a really good trip, my only dissapointment was that we did not see JO JO the dolphin, or any dolphin for that matter. I highly recommend The Sands Resort.
Trip Report on Provo
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Croix and sea grass
- 2 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 3 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 4 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 5 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 6 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 7 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 8 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 9 Tipping at AI
- 10 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 11 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 12 Traveling Solo
- 13 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 14 A Volcanic Paradise
- 15 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 16 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 17 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 18 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 19 St. Kitts, the details
- 20 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 21 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 22 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 23 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 24 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 25 8 TUFF MILES