Took my wife and 2 kids during week of June 22 and stayed at the Sands. We had a great time and The Sands was very nice. I can't imagine what the other resorts offer that makes them so much more expensive than The Sands. We had a one bedroom garden view. The grounds were beautiful and the staff friendly. We rented a car and had no trouble driving on the "wrong side of the road". In fact it was kinda fun watching my family squirm as I negotiated the roudabouts. Hemmingways is a nice oceanfront dining experience, but the food is expensive anywhere you go. The snorkeling at Coral Gardens is good and you can walk it in about 25 minutes From The Sands but the drive is easy to get there. We saw turtles, rays, and fish, but no dolphins or sharks. One thing that was nice is that it doesn't seem crowded at all this time of year, and it is no problem getting a beach umbrella. We traveled the entire Island and felt safe. The belongers were friendly. The food is very expensive so we only ate out only a few times. Hemmingways was very good and the oceanfront view is nice. The best food we had was at the Mango Reef and the service was a little better there. Also try the Saltmills Cafe for a really good burger. Da Conch Shack is OK , but go there for the experience, not the food. The Tiki hut was good too. The Salt Mills Mall doesn't offer much in the way of shopping. We took a tour of the Conch farm and that is worth doing if you got kids. Grace Bay has the most beautiful water I have ever seen. This was a really good trip, my only dissapointment was that we did not see JO JO the dolphin, or any dolphin for that matter. I highly recommend The Sands Resort.
Trip Report on Provo
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 2 Wedding Help!
- 3 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 4 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 5 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 6 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 7 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 8 Islands with great nightlife
- 9 month stay on a caribbean island
- 10 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 11 Where to stay on Vieques
- 12 Ferry to Rum Point
- 13 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 14 Family with infants/toddlers
- 15 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 16 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 17 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 18 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 19 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 20 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 21 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 22 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 23 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 24 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 25 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?