Took my wife and 2 kids during week of June 22 and stayed at the Sands. We had a great time and The Sands was very nice. I can't imagine what the other resorts offer that makes them so much more expensive than The Sands. We had a one bedroom garden view. The grounds were beautiful and the staff friendly. We rented a car and had no trouble driving on the "wrong side of the road". In fact it was kinda fun watching my family squirm as I negotiated the roudabouts. Hemmingways is a nice oceanfront dining experience, but the food is expensive anywhere you go. The snorkeling at Coral Gardens is good and you can walk it in about 25 minutes From The Sands but the drive is easy to get there. We saw turtles, rays, and fish, but no dolphins or sharks. One thing that was nice is that it doesn't seem crowded at all this time of year, and it is no problem getting a beach umbrella. We traveled the entire Island and felt safe. The belongers were friendly. The food is very expensive so we only ate out only a few times. Hemmingways was very good and the oceanfront view is nice. The best food we had was at the Mango Reef and the service was a little better there. Also try the Saltmills Cafe for a really good burger. Da Conch Shack is OK , but go there for the experience, not the food. The Tiki hut was good too. The Salt Mills Mall doesn't offer much in the way of shopping. We took a tour of the Conch farm and that is worth doing if you got kids. Grace Bay has the most beautiful water I have ever seen. This was a really good trip, my only dissapointment was that we did not see JO JO the dolphin, or any dolphin for that matter. I highly recommend The Sands Resort.
Trip Report on Provo
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 2 St. Martin Ferry to Anguilla from Philipsburg
- 3 Caribbean Destination for Family with Teenage Girls
- 4 Jamaica help!
- 5 Four Seasons Nevis and RoamsAround thanks
- 6 2 weeks in cuba
- 7 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 8 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 9 Lodging for solo traveler in San Juan
- 10 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 11 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 12 Jamaica
- 13 Jamaica all inclusive
- 14 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 15 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 16 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 17 Cuba Opening Up
- 18 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 19 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 20 Why Barbados?
- 21 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 22 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 23 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 24 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 25 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach