Took my wife and 2 kids during week of June 22 and stayed at the Sands. We had a great time and The Sands was very nice. I can't imagine what the other resorts offer that makes them so much more expensive than The Sands. We had a one bedroom garden view. The grounds were beautiful and the staff friendly. We rented a car and had no trouble driving on the "wrong side of the road". In fact it was kinda fun watching my family squirm as I negotiated the roudabouts. Hemmingways is a nice oceanfront dining experience, but the food is expensive anywhere you go. The snorkeling at Coral Gardens is good and you can walk it in about 25 minutes From The Sands but the drive is easy to get there. We saw turtles, rays, and fish, but no dolphins or sharks. One thing that was nice is that it doesn't seem crowded at all this time of year, and it is no problem getting a beach umbrella. We traveled the entire Island and felt safe. The belongers were friendly. The food is very expensive so we only ate out only a few times. Hemmingways was very good and the oceanfront view is nice. The best food we had was at the Mango Reef and the service was a little better there. Also try the Saltmills Cafe for a really good burger. Da Conch Shack is OK , but go there for the experience, not the food. The Tiki hut was good too. The Salt Mills Mall doesn't offer much in the way of shopping. We took a tour of the Conch farm and that is worth doing if you got kids. Grace Bay has the most beautiful water I have ever seen. This was a really good trip, my only dissapointment was that we did not see JO JO the dolphin, or any dolphin for that matter. I highly recommend The Sands Resort.
Trip Report on Provo
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Florida or caribbean
- 2 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 3 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 4 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 5 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 6 Money in Jamaica
- 7 Death in Paradise
- 8 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 9 50+ where to dance?
- 10 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 11 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 12 dominican republic
- 13 Summer family vacation
- 14 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 15 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 16 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 17 St Martin
- 18 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 19 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 20 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 21 Resort villa suggestions
- 22 Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!
- 23 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 24 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 25 Waterskiing in TCI???