At the end of October we visited Jalousie Resort in St Lucia and was stuck in what was ground zero of Hurricane Tomas. We were stuck in a real mess but no one was hurt. The staff was magnificent and took care of its guests. We were impressed enough to go back 10 weeks later in early January bring with us 2 other couples. First, anyone that goes to St Lucia shoud stay on the southern and much prettier side of the island. Second, The staff of Jalousie (soon to be called Tides Sugar Beach) did an excellent job putting the place together. We had no complaints. If you wish to see our travel log go to www.tabhauser.com and click Jalaousie or even Hurricane Tomas if you are curious. This is my personal site, no advertising, no signing in. We are happy to share our experience and thank those on this forum for their tips on St Lucia that made our visits better
Trip Report :Jalousie Resort St Lucia 10 weeks after Hurricane Thomas
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 2 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 3 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 4 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 5 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 6 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 7 Ferry to Rum Point
- 8 Islands with great nightlife
- 9 Family with infants/toddlers
- 10 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 11 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 12 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 13 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 14 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 15 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 16 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 17 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 18 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 19 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 20 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 21 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 22 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 23 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 24 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 25 Turks Airport Question / Airfare