At the end of October we visited Jalousie Resort in St Lucia and was stuck in what was ground zero of Hurricane Tomas. We were stuck in a real mess but no one was hurt. The staff was magnificent and took care of its guests. We were impressed enough to go back 10 weeks later in early January bring with us 2 other couples. First, anyone that goes to St Lucia shoud stay on the southern and much prettier side of the island. Second, The staff of Jalousie (soon to be called Tides Sugar Beach) did an excellent job putting the place together. We had no complaints. If you wish to see our travel log go to www.tabhauser.com and click Jalaousie or even Hurricane Tomas if you are curious. This is my personal site, no advertising, no signing in. We are happy to share our experience and thank those on this forum for their tips on St Lucia that made our visits better
Trip Report :Jalousie Resort St Lucia 10 weeks after Hurricane Thomas
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 2 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 3 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 4 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 5 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 6 Tipping at AI
- 7 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 8 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 9 Traveling Solo
- 10 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 11 A Volcanic Paradise
- 12 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 13 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 14 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 15 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 16 St. Kitts, the details
- 17 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 18 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 19 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 20 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 21 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 22 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 23 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 24 8 TUFF MILES
- 25 Puerto Rico Nightlife?