At the end of October we visited Jalousie Resort in St Lucia and was stuck in what was ground zero of Hurricane Tomas. We were stuck in a real mess but no one was hurt. The staff was magnificent and took care of its guests. We were impressed enough to go back 10 weeks later in early January bring with us 2 other couples. First, anyone that goes to St Lucia shoud stay on the southern and much prettier side of the island. Second, The staff of Jalousie (soon to be called Tides Sugar Beach) did an excellent job putting the place together. We had no complaints. If you wish to see our travel log go to www.tabhauser.com and click Jalaousie or even Hurricane Tomas if you are curious. This is my personal site, no advertising, no signing in. We are happy to share our experience and thank those on this forum for their tips on St Lucia that made our visits better
Trip Report :Jalousie Resort St Lucia 10 weeks after Hurricane Thomas
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Vacation Ideas
- 2 Looking for small hotel/inn within 4 hrs. nonstop flight from New York
- 3 Looking for South-to-North options/routes/price estimates.
- 4 Back from San Juan
- 5 Cupecoy Beach
- 6 Turks and Caicos - Best Time to Book Accomodation
- 7 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 8 Carry on size Bahamas
- 9 St John March, where to stay
- 10 The right adults-only resort
- 11 Cuba - Questions about Phone/Internet/Currency
- 12 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 13 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 14 Tips for bahamas
- 15 St. Martin/Nevis Trip Report
- 16 Seven Mile Beach Questions
- 17 First time to Puerto Rico need advise please
- 18 condo / villa with kids, on the beach
- 19 My trip report from 10/23 - 11/1/14 - St. John USVI's
- 20 Bay Gardens Beach Hotel in St Lucia
- 21 Barbados with two kids under 4.
- 22 walkable hotels
- 23 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????
- 24 St Thomas
- 25 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?