At the end of October we visited Jalousie Resort in St Lucia and was stuck in what was ground zero of Hurricane Tomas. We were stuck in a real mess but no one was hurt. The staff was magnificent and took care of its guests. We were impressed enough to go back 10 weeks later in early January bring with us 2 other couples. First, anyone that goes to St Lucia shoud stay on the southern and much prettier side of the island. Second, The staff of Jalousie (soon to be called Tides Sugar Beach) did an excellent job putting the place together. We had no complaints. If you wish to see our travel log go to www.tabhauser.com and click Jalaousie or even Hurricane Tomas if you are curious. This is my personal site, no advertising, no signing in. We are happy to share our experience and thank those on this forum for their tips on St Lucia that made our visits better
Trip Report :Jalousie Resort St Lucia 10 weeks after Hurricane Thomas
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Punta Cana Excursions with Teen
- 2 Fishermans Ree Resort
- 3 Dominican Republic - Closures, Limitations Over Easter Weekend
- 4 Van rental for 8 in Puerto Rico
- 5 Restaraunts & Rental Cars in Aruba
- 6 Holiday Trip to the Caribbean - Need advice!
- 7 Cuba in 10 days
- 8 Salt Kettle House to close
- 9 Best snorkeling in the Caribbean (not St. John or Grand Cayman)???
- 10 Hotel recommendations for 1 night on Tortola?
- 11 Best luxury resort on grace bay Turks and Caicos
- 12 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 13 Ideas for Caribbean AI for anniversary next July?
- 14 cheapest christmas airfare by destination
- 15 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 16 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 17 Are there restaurants/grocery near Rum Point on Grand Cayman?
- 18 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 19 Why Barbados?
- 20 Cayman Islands in October
- 21 Best/most luxurious Luxury resort on Grace bay
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 24 Sailing in Tobago and Trinidad
- 25 all-inclusive or villa?