I am planning a week long trip with my wife, our 2 yr old daughter and my parents (4 adults + 1 kid) to a Caribbean island this April. Last year we went to Dominican Republic and really enjoyed it (did not stay at the AI resorts). The little research I have done so far seems to suggest that Trinidad and Tobago might be similarly enjoyable.
Can you please help with creating an itinerary:
1. Is April a good month to go - weather-wise?
2. I read some places that crime might be an issue but didn't see the islands mentioned on the US govt's travel advisory site? Should we be worried and / or reconsider?
3. Should we split our stay between the two islands - Trinidad and Tobago? If so, how many days each?
4. Recommendations for areas to stay and areas to stay-away-from on each island?
5. Recommendations for hotels/B&B/apartment rentals? I would like to spend no more than $300 per night for all of us and prefer A/C and a kitchen, if possible. (Is A/C even needed on the islands?)
6. Do we need a rental car (SUV?) on either or both islands? If so, any recommendations for sites/agencies?
7. Must see / Must do activities on both islands.
8. I am excited about the Indian influence on the island's cuisine and we love spicy foods. Any must-try dishes and restaurant recommendations would be welcome.
Trinidad and Tobago Help w/ Itin
- 1 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 2 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 3 "The Weather is Here, I Wish It Were Beautiful" - An Anguilla Trip Report
- 4 Honeymoon in Aruba, Dominican, or Jamaica late Feb 2014
- 5 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 6 Bahamas snorkeling
- 7 Punta Cana Airport Transfer
- 8 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 9 Feedback on villa rental location on St. Barths
- 10 Where to stay on Vieques
- 11 Concerns About Dominican Republic Trip
- 12 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 13 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 14 Bahamas 4 day Trip: July 2014
- 15 Calling all Puerto Rico experts....last minute planning of the WHOLE trip!
- 16 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 17 Luxury family resort with villas and good beach
- 18 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 19 Wedding Help!
- 20 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 21 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 22 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 23 Islands with great nightlife
- 24 month stay on a caribbean island
- 25 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour