I am planning a week long trip with my wife, our 2 yr old daughter and my parents (4 adults + 1 kid) to a Caribbean island this April. Last year we went to Dominican Republic and really enjoyed it (did not stay at the AI resorts). The little research I have done so far seems to suggest that Trinidad and Tobago might be similarly enjoyable.
Can you please help with creating an itinerary:
1. Is April a good month to go - weather-wise?
2. I read some places that crime might be an issue but didn't see the islands mentioned on the US govt's travel advisory site? Should we be worried and / or reconsider?
3. Should we split our stay between the two islands - Trinidad and Tobago? If so, how many days each?
4. Recommendations for areas to stay and areas to stay-away-from on each island?
5. Recommendations for hotels/B&B/apartment rentals? I would like to spend no more than $300 per night for all of us and prefer A/C and a kitchen, if possible. (Is A/C even needed on the islands?)
6. Do we need a rental car (SUV?) on either or both islands? If so, any recommendations for sites/agencies?
7. Must see / Must do activities on both islands.
8. I am excited about the Indian influence on the island's cuisine and we love spicy foods. Any must-try dishes and restaurant recommendations would be welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 2 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 3 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 4 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 5 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 6 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 7 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 8 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 9 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 10 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 11 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 12 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 13 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 14 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 15 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 16 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens
- 17 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 18 Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation
- 19 all inclusive advice
- 20 Thinking of Grand Cayman after years in Turks and Caicos
- 21 family vaca in jamaica with teens, where to stay?
- 22 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 23 St Thomas, Curacao, St Croix or San Juan with adult kids?
- 24 will my American kids be considered tourists like me
- 25 St. Maarten Lodging one nite