I am planning a week long trip with my wife, our 2 yr old daughter and my parents (4 adults + 1 kid) to a Caribbean island this April. Last year we went to Dominican Republic and really enjoyed it (did not stay at the AI resorts). The little research I have done so far seems to suggest that Trinidad and Tobago might be similarly enjoyable.
Can you please help with creating an itinerary:
1. Is April a good month to go - weather-wise?
2. I read some places that crime might be an issue but didn't see the islands mentioned on the US govt's travel advisory site? Should we be worried and / or reconsider?
3. Should we split our stay between the two islands - Trinidad and Tobago? If so, how many days each?
4. Recommendations for areas to stay and areas to stay-away-from on each island?
5. Recommendations for hotels/B&B/apartment rentals? I would like to spend no more than $300 per night for all of us and prefer A/C and a kitchen, if possible. (Is A/C even needed on the islands?)
6. Do we need a rental car (SUV?) on either or both islands? If so, any recommendations for sites/agencies?
7. Must see / Must do activities on both islands.
8. I am excited about the Indian influence on the island's cuisine and we love spicy foods. Any must-try dishes and restaurant recommendations would be welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 2 Woman, alone, islandhopping
- 3 Best 'Swimming' Beaches in the Caribbean- from SFO
- 4 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 5 Birthday Celebration
- 6 DR - All inclusive
- 7 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 8 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 9 Cuba in November
- 10 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 11 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 12 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 13 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 14 Late May Trip
- 15 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 16 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 17 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 18 Cheers to Beers!
- 19 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 20 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 21 New Years Eve / St John
- 22 St Lucia Trip Report 2014 Bay Gardens Beach Resort
- 23 Island Choice
- 24 Aruba Car Rental
- 25 If we loved Cayman...