I am planning a week long trip with my wife, our 2 yr old daughter and my parents (4 adults + 1 kid) to a Caribbean island this April. Last year we went to Dominican Republic and really enjoyed it (did not stay at the AI resorts). The little research I have done so far seems to suggest that Trinidad and Tobago might be similarly enjoyable.
Can you please help with creating an itinerary:
1. Is April a good month to go - weather-wise?
2. I read some places that crime might be an issue but didn't see the islands mentioned on the US govt's travel advisory site? Should we be worried and / or reconsider?
3. Should we split our stay between the two islands - Trinidad and Tobago? If so, how many days each?
4. Recommendations for areas to stay and areas to stay-away-from on each island?
5. Recommendations for hotels/B&B/apartment rentals? I would like to spend no more than $300 per night for all of us and prefer A/C and a kitchen, if possible. (Is A/C even needed on the islands?)
6. Do we need a rental car (SUV?) on either or both islands? If so, any recommendations for sites/agencies?
7. Must see / Must do activities on both islands.
8. I am excited about the Indian influence on the island's cuisine and we love spicy foods. Any must-try dishes and restaurant recommendations would be welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.healthynutritionshop.com/ht-rush/
- 2 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 3 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 4 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 5 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 6 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 7 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 8 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 9 40 min layover in CLT
- 10 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 11 Atlantis 1 day
- 12 Atlantis on a budget
- 13 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 14 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 15 St. Barts
- 16 Buses in Aruba
- 17 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 18 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 19 Stingray City Tour
- 20 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April
- 21 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 22 Bahama's outer island
- 23 Living permanently in the Caribbean
- 24 Family Caribbean vacation in the spring
- 25 Cuba | Havana,Varadero 2017