Unlike on nearby Tobago, most hotels on Trinidad are in Port-of-Spain, far from the best beaches. In Port-of-Spain, two good choices are Monique's (114 Saddle Rd., Maraval, Port-of-Spain, tel. 809/628-3334, fax 809/622-3232) and Alicia's House (7 Coblentz Gardens, St. Ann's, Port-of-Spain, tel. 809/623-2802, fax 809/622-8560); rooms in both places are about $60. For something closer to the beach, investigate the tiny 6-room Surf's Country Inn (Blanchisseuse, tel. 809/669-2475), on the island's north shore; it's cheaper than the other two options.
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 2 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 3 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 4 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 5 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 6 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 7 Ferry to Rum Point
- 8 Islands with great nightlife
- 9 Family with infants/toddlers
- 10 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 11 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 12 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 13 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 14 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 15 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 16 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 17 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 18 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 19 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 20 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 21 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 22 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 23 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 24 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 25 Turks Airport Question / Airfare