My husband and I are thinking about traveling to the Caribbean for the first time this coming February (2/10-2/16/13). Neither of us have ever traveled to somewhere like this, so I feel we are going in alittle blind. We have done a ton of research on websites, talking to our friends and families that have all traveled to these places. We really are just unsure of which way to go. We have it narrowed down to either Jamaica or the Dominican Republic. My husband bores very easily so there needs to be actives to keep him occupied (games, water/land excursions, sightseeing, etc.) The obvious choice for us is to go all inclusive. Any suggestions on where to stay, where not to stay, things to see/do, etc. would be greatly appreciated and very welcomed.
Traveling to the Caribbean for the first time....help!
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 2 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 3 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 4 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 5 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 6 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 7 Islands with great nightlife
- 8 month stay on a caribbean island
- 9 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 10 Where to stay on Vieques
- 11 Ferry to Rum Point
- 12 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 13 Family with infants/toddlers
- 14 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 15 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 16 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 17 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 18 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 19 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 20 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 21 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 22 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 23 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 24 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 25 Restaraunts in Barbados