Definitely new to vacationing in the Carribean -- my two girlfriends and I are planning a trip in mid-April for my birthday and between researching package deals on Expedia to Cheapcarribean.com and reading lots of travel articles (written by who-knows-who) I've just gotten so confused and would like input from REAL people on where to go / stay / do / eat!
The following is a list (in order) of what we're looking for:
1. Safe, above-average hotel/resort, preferably an AI (for the convenience but we're definitely open to places where we can "taste the culture" but still affordable).
2. Ease of transport on the island (we would like to rent a car to go on day trips/go off the beaten path, and from reading horror stories about car rentals on SXM I'm a little terrified)
3. Beautiful beaches a given, yes, but it will be our first time on white sand and turquoise water and we want to be blown away~ we're open to places for snorkeling or day boating trips too
4. Nightlife!!! We're in our mid-twenties so we're past the Cabo-whoo-spring-break vibe, but would still like to keep the option of getting "ratchet" open if we'd like to Would love to go to a place where there are bars/clubs/lounges, maybe in the style of Vegas or Miami...?
5. Would like to keep away from super tourist-y places (staying away from places that sell made-in-china souvenirs), but still open to visiting museums, and other places that we could learn about the local culture
So far we've been leaning towards St. Martin--definitely drawn to the Dutch/French culture going on, pretty beaches but has the nightlife we are looking for (anyone been to Tantra? What should we expect? We laughed when we heard Drake was there haha).
Would that be a good fit for us? Any other islands that would meet our criteria? Thanks so much for hearing me out! Looking forward to all your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://trexmusclesite.com/nuvagen/
- 2 Packers and Movers in Bangalore for Easy Shifting
- 3 How to find out the best Packers and Movers in Pune?
- 4 http://www.musclesupplement.org/testo-vital-review/
- 5 Regular visists to St. Thomas
- 6 St. Thomas EMS is dangerous
- 7 Turks/ Caicos/ Not Beaches,but where?
- 8 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 9 cell phone & wifi in Cuba
- 10 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 11 Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
- 12 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 13 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 14 30th anniversary trip
- 15 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 16 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 17 Bermuda in February or March
- 18 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 19 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 20 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 21 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 22 Safest Islands for Us?
- 23 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 24 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 25 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl