I have been trying to plan a vacation for a few weeks now and I just can't decide which Caribbean island I want to visit. My girlfriend and I are in our mid 20's. We have done the party scene already so something with a more relaxing feel is the way to go for us this time. So far, I am torn between the following(not in any order): Aruba(been once and liked it), St. John(never been), Mexico(been numerous times), Antigua(never been), St. Lucia(never been), Bahamas(never been). I am also open to suggestions. Budget is around 2k each person. I am trying to see new places, but I am not opposed to going back to a place I have been. Looking to travel mid May. To help narrow this down, some facts about my travel likes/dislikes:
-Modern hotel(we like low rise better but at this point we will settle for high rise). To be honest we would love to be able to open our backdoor and be on the beach. We stayed at the Divi in Aruba and loved that aspect.
-Friendly island, somewhere we can walk out of the hotel at night.
-All inclusive(but does not have to be if restaurants nearby and worth it)/ meal plan would be nice if no AI
-Nice Beaches(we prefer the hotel to have its own attached beach)
-Something to do at night but does not have to be party central! We don't want to be back in the room by 11pm.
-Renting a car(which I think dismisses St John.)
-Leaving from NY so no connecting flights
Sorry for the long post, but hopefully someone can chime in...
Thanks to all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 2 Cienfugas and Santiago--tours??
- 3 Suggestions for what to do/see in St. Martin/Maarten
- 4 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 5 Tortola next week
- 6 Summer trip
- 7 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 8 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 9 DR vs. Mexico
- 10 Surf Fly Fishing
- 11 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 12 Family of 5 undecided island
- 13 Christmas 2017
- 14 Honeymoon Help!!
- 15 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 16 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 17 All inclusive
- 18 BVI trip questions
- 19 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 20 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 21 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 22 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 23 family resort ideas?
- 24 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 25 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR