I have been trying to plan a vacation for a few weeks now and I just can't decide which Caribbean island I want to visit. My girlfriend and I are in our mid 20's. We have done the party scene already so something with a more relaxing feel is the way to go for us this time. So far, I am torn between the following(not in any order): Aruba(been once and liked it), St. John(never been), Mexico(been numerous times), Antigua(never been), St. Lucia(never been), Bahamas(never been). I am also open to suggestions. Budget is around 2k each person. I am trying to see new places, but I am not opposed to going back to a place I have been. Looking to travel mid May. To help narrow this down, some facts about my travel likes/dislikes:
-Modern hotel(we like low rise better but at this point we will settle for high rise). To be honest we would love to be able to open our backdoor and be on the beach. We stayed at the Divi in Aruba and loved that aspect.
-Friendly island, somewhere we can walk out of the hotel at night.
-All inclusive(but does not have to be if restaurants nearby and worth it)/ meal plan would be nice if no AI
-Nice Beaches(we prefer the hotel to have its own attached beach)
-Something to do at night but does not have to be party central! We don't want to be back in the room by 11pm.
-Renting a car(which I think dismisses St John.)
-Leaving from NY so no connecting flights
Sorry for the long post, but hopefully someone can chime in...
Thanks to all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 2 Restaurant Recommendations
- 3 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 4 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 5 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 6 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 7 Family vacation
- 8 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 9 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 10 PR or USVI
- 11 Havana Hotel
- 12 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 13 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 14 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 15 Cayman Islands Currency
- 16 Virgin Gorda BVI
- 17 Martinique June 4th - 16th
- 18 Where to rent in St. John? and other questions
- 19 What foods can be taken to Providenciales
- 20 Havana
- 21 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 22 Scrub Island Resort
- 23 St. Maarten--car rental or do without?
- 24 Rental car agencies near cruise terminal in St. Maarten?
- 25 Snorkeling trip ideas