I have been trying to plan a vacation for a few weeks now and I just can't decide which Caribbean island I want to visit. My girlfriend and I are in our mid 20's. We have done the party scene already so something with a more relaxing feel is the way to go for us this time. So far, I am torn between the following(not in any order): Aruba(been once and liked it), St. John(never been), Mexico(been numerous times), Antigua(never been), St. Lucia(never been), Bahamas(never been). I am also open to suggestions. Budget is around 2k each person. I am trying to see new places, but I am not opposed to going back to a place I have been. Looking to travel mid May. To help narrow this down, some facts about my travel likes/dislikes:
-Modern hotel(we like low rise better but at this point we will settle for high rise). To be honest we would love to be able to open our backdoor and be on the beach. We stayed at the Divi in Aruba and loved that aspect.
-Friendly island, somewhere we can walk out of the hotel at night.
-All inclusive(but does not have to be if restaurants nearby and worth it)/ meal plan would be nice if no AI
-Nice Beaches(we prefer the hotel to have its own attached beach)
-Something to do at night but does not have to be party central! We don't want to be back in the room by 11pm.
-Renting a car(which I think dismisses St John.)
-Leaving from NY so no connecting flights
Sorry for the long post, but hopefully someone can chime in...
Thanks to all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Advice
- 2 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 3 Where to go?
- 4 When to go to El Yunque
- 5 My New Life !
- 6 SAFE and ACTIVE
- 7 Travel buddy
- 8 Accomodation and transport in Eleuthera, Bahamas
- 9 Junkanoo Champagne vs Goomba Champagne - what's the difference?
- 10 Jamaica with two 23 yr old young men
- 11 Cuba
- 12 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 13 Jamaica
- 14 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 15 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 16 Help me to pick an island
- 17 Caribbean Real Estate Jobs
- 18 Virgin Islands Itinerary: Safety and other concerns
- 19 DAY 15 - FINAL DAY IN PUNTA CANA, LONDON, BACK HOME RIGA
- 20 Help with Grace Bay Hotel
- 21 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 22 Conference in Cuba in February
- 23 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 24 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 25 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts