Tobago has both unspoiled rain forests and coral reefs and a largely undeveloped coastline; it's an ideal getaway for nature lovers, divers, and privacy-seekers. An abundance of fish and coral thrive on the nutrients of South America's Orinoco River, which are brought to Tobago by the Guayana current. There are many good spots to submerge including Crown Point, St. Giles Islands, and off the west coast, but it's the waters off Speyside that draw scuba-diving aficionados from around the world. Contact the following for information: AquaMArine Dive (809/660-4341), Dive Tobago (809/639-0202), Man Friday Diving (809/660-4676), Tobago Dive Experience (809/639-0191, ex. 39), and Tobago Marine Sports (809/639-0291). As far as persoanl safety goes, Tobagonians are a friendly people. Your biggest worry should be the flying insects--bring repellant during the rainy season (June-December).
Tobago - Diving and safety
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Tipping at AI
- 2 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 3 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 4 Traveling Solo
- 5 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 6 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 7 A Volcanic Paradise
- 8 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 9 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 10 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 11 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 12 St. Kitts, the details
- 13 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 14 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 15 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 16 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 17 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 18 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 19 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 20 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 21 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 22 8 TUFF MILES
- 23 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 24 1 week in San Juan
- 25 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?