Tobago has both unspoiled rain forests and coral reefs and a largely undeveloped coastline; it's an ideal getaway for nature lovers, divers, and privacy-seekers. An abundance of fish and coral thrive on the nutrients of South America's Orinoco River, which are brought to Tobago by the Guayana current. There are many good spots to submerge including Crown Point, St. Giles Islands, and off the west coast, but it's the waters off Speyside that draw scuba-diving aficionados from around the world. Contact the following for information: AquaMArine Dive (809/660-4341), Dive Tobago (809/639-0202), Man Friday Diving (809/660-4676), Tobago Dive Experience (809/639-0191, ex. 39), and Tobago Marine Sports (809/639-0291). As far as persoanl safety goes, Tobagonians are a friendly people. Your biggest worry should be the flying insects--bring repellant during the rainy season (June-December).
Tobago - Diving and safety
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Must sell vaca pkg for 4-star St. James's Club Antigua, $700
- 2 Best island for nature + kids that is safe and affordable
- 3 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 4 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 5 Anguilla stay?
- 6 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 7 Cayman Islands in October
- 8 Back from San Juan
- 9 Cheapest AI Deals for couple in 20s
- 10 Kristen- where are you?????
- 11 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 12 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user
- 13 Blamona- need a SCYC report!!
- 14 Luxury golf vacation in November
- 15 50th BIRTHDAY Home for 4 Couples
- 16 Is it a waste to go to St. Johns during late September?
- 17 Puerto Rico
- 18 Puerto Plata vacations or other place of Dominican Republic
- 19 Cuba People to People Tours
- 20 TCI Regent Grand vs. Venetian
- 21 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 22 relaxed beaches in january
- 23 Are you the new future traveler?
- 24 Mosquitoes - where are they NOT?
- 25 Wanted: St. Lucia Jan - March studio rental?