We had a change of plans and instead of going to Hawaii, we changed destination and I booked a room/with kitchen at the Reef resort in Grand Cayman for next week.
I have never been to Grand Cayman, and I would like to know if anyone has any recommendations about things to do with 8 year old twins. We will be there for 4 days.
The kids can swim, although they are not very strong swimmers (I will be bringing life vests for them to use).
Are there places where it is safe for children to snorkel that are close to the beach, or where the water is not too deep?
What is your opinion on the visit to Stingray city? what is the best time to go? Any tour companies you recommend?
Is it worth it for the kids to bring their body boards? Or is the water mostly calm?
What other activities would you recommend?
I have heard that Grand Cayman is very expensive, so we are planning on cooking our meals, to be able to save some money. Are there any supermarkets that you recommend for fresh meat/fish and vegetables? Is there local produce or fruits, and if yes, were are they sold? Should I bring some food items from home? (Canned tuna, chips, cerelas, etc?) is this allowed by customs?
Thank you very much for you help in our last minute adventure to Grand Cayman!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Assiste : AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681 :7208 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 3 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 4 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 5 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 6 Restaurant Recommendations
- 7 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 8 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 9 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 10 Family vacation
- 11 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 12 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 13 PR or USVI
- 14 Havana Hotel
- 15 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 16 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 17 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 18 Cayman Islands Currency
- 19 Virgin Gorda BVI
- 20 Martinique June 4th - 16th
- 21 Where to rent in St. John? and other questions
- 22 What foods can be taken to Providenciales
- 23 Havana
- 24 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 25 Scrub Island Resort