We had a change of plans and instead of going to Hawaii, we changed destination and I booked a room/with kitchen at the Reef resort in Grand Cayman for next week.
I have never been to Grand Cayman, and I would like to know if anyone has any recommendations about things to do with 8 year old twins. We will be there for 4 days.
The kids can swim, although they are not very strong swimmers (I will be bringing life vests for them to use).
Are there places where it is safe for children to snorkel that are close to the beach, or where the water is not too deep?
What is your opinion on the visit to Stingray city? what is the best time to go? Any tour companies you recommend?
Is it worth it for the kids to bring their body boards? Or is the water mostly calm?
What other activities would you recommend?
I have heard that Grand Cayman is very expensive, so we are planning on cooking our meals, to be able to save some money. Are there any supermarkets that you recommend for fresh meat/fish and vegetables? Is there local produce or fruits, and if yes, were are they sold? Should I bring some food items from home? (Canned tuna, chips, cerelas, etc?) is this allowed by customs?
Thank you very much for you help in our last minute adventure to Grand Cayman!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Virgin Islands, Bahamas, or Puerto Rico
- 2 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 3 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 4 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 5 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 6 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 7 Looking for destination suggestions
- 8 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 9 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 10 Any suggestions??
- 11 Gustavia stay
- 12 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 13 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 14 My week in Guadeloupe
- 15 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 16 Which Island?
- 17 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 18 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
- 19 Freeport, Bahamas
- 20 A few questions about St. John (car, hiking, etc)
- 21 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 22 Freeport Hotel
- 23 Nassau Bahamas and Cell Phone
- 24 Freeport Bahamas, general advice ?
- 25 Please suggest uncrowded Caribbean vacation for wheelchair user