We had a change of plans and instead of going to Hawaii, we changed destination and I booked a room/with kitchen at the Reef resort in Grand Cayman for next week.
I have never been to Grand Cayman, and I would like to know if anyone has any recommendations about things to do with 8 year old twins. We will be there for 4 days.
The kids can swim, although they are not very strong swimmers (I will be bringing life vests for them to use).
Are there places where it is safe for children to snorkel that are close to the beach, or where the water is not too deep?
What is your opinion on the visit to Stingray city? what is the best time to go? Any tour companies you recommend?
Is it worth it for the kids to bring their body boards? Or is the water mostly calm?
What other activities would you recommend?
I have heard that Grand Cayman is very expensive, so we are planning on cooking our meals, to be able to save some money. Are there any supermarkets that you recommend for fresh meat/fish and vegetables? Is there local produce or fruits, and if yes, were are they sold? Should I bring some food items from home? (Canned tuna, chips, cerelas, etc?) is this allowed by customs?
Thank you very much for you help in our last minute adventure to Grand Cayman!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Labor Day Weekend in Turks & Caicos
- 2 getting around in dominican republic
- 3 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 4 Cat Island (Fernandez Bay Village) Trip Report
- 5 Photos and Trip Report, Follow up to "Looking for Luxury on Budget"
- 6 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 7 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 8 Americans traveling to cuba with 9 year old
- 9 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 10 Which Island visit, with which company ?
- 11 Bay Gardens Beach Resort Saint Lucia Trip Report October 2014
- 12 Group Tour vs. Independent Travel for Havana Jazz Fest 2016
- 13 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 14 USVI with Baby and Toddler - Advice required
- 15 Recommend Jamaican Fishing Charters
- 16 Negril vs. Montego Bay? Nightlife?
- 17 which island is best for fam vaca in july with teens
- 18 Turks and Caicos villas- Taylor Bay
- 19 Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation
- 20 all inclusive advice
- 21 Thinking of Grand Cayman after years in Turks and Caicos
- 22 family vaca in jamaica with teens, where to stay?
- 23 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 24 St Thomas, Curacao, St Croix or San Juan with adult kids?
- 25 will my American kids be considered tourists like me