We had a change of plans and instead of going to Hawaii, we changed destination and I booked a room/with kitchen at the Reef resort in Grand Cayman for next week.
I have never been to Grand Cayman, and I would like to know if anyone has any recommendations about things to do with 8 year old twins. We will be there for 4 days.
The kids can swim, although they are not very strong swimmers (I will be bringing life vests for them to use).
Are there places where it is safe for children to snorkel that are close to the beach, or where the water is not too deep?
What is your opinion on the visit to Stingray city? what is the best time to go? Any tour companies you recommend?
Is it worth it for the kids to bring their body boards? Or is the water mostly calm?
What other activities would you recommend?
I have heard that Grand Cayman is very expensive, so we are planning on cooking our meals, to be able to save some money. Are there any supermarkets that you recommend for fresh meat/fish and vegetables? Is there local produce or fruits, and if yes, were are they sold? Should I bring some food items from home? (Canned tuna, chips, cerelas, etc?) is this allowed by customs?
Thank you very much for you help in our last minute adventure to Grand Cayman!
Tips for Grand Cayman with 8 yr old children
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Jamaica vs The DR
- 2 celebrating 40
- 3 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 4 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 5 Where to go in February/March
- 6 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 7 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 8 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 9 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 10 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 11 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 12 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 13 Which island?
- 14 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 15 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 16 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 17 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 18 St. Croix and sea grass
- 19 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 20 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 21 Bahamas Resort
- 22 Which country?
- 23 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 24 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 25 Antigua or St Martin