We had a change of plans and instead of going to Hawaii, we changed destination and I booked a room/with kitchen at the Reef resort in Grand Cayman for next week.
I have never been to Grand Cayman, and I would like to know if anyone has any recommendations about things to do with 8 year old twins. We will be there for 4 days.
The kids can swim, although they are not very strong swimmers (I will be bringing life vests for them to use).
Are there places where it is safe for children to snorkel that are close to the beach, or where the water is not too deep?
What is your opinion on the visit to Stingray city? what is the best time to go? Any tour companies you recommend?
Is it worth it for the kids to bring their body boards? Or is the water mostly calm?
What other activities would you recommend?
I have heard that Grand Cayman is very expensive, so we are planning on cooking our meals, to be able to save some money. Are there any supermarkets that you recommend for fresh meat/fish and vegetables? Is there local produce or fruits, and if yes, were are they sold? Should I bring some food items from home? (Canned tuna, chips, cerelas, etc?) is this allowed by customs?
Thank you very much for you help in our last minute adventure to Grand Cayman!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 2 Ideal wedding island
- 3 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 4 Help with small wedding location
- 5 First time visitors
- 6 Help choosing next vacation??
- 7 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 8 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 9 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 10 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 11 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 12 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 13 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 14 St. Croix
- 15 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 16 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 17 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 18 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 19 Island Hopping
- 20 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 21 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Havana restaurants
- 24 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 25 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort