hello fellow travelers,
i plan a week-long trip for my large family of 27, ages 6-83, every year. this year we're going to st. kitts and nevis. we've been to the domincan republic, jamaica, playa del carmen, xtapa and a cruise. we've discovered that we're not the all-inclusive big resort type and we'd much prefer to be on a (calm, safe) beach than in the mountains with a view. we have fun together on the beach but also like to be able to walk to a nearby beach or local neighborhood for lunch or necessities.
both timothy beach and oualie beach resorts can accommodate us, have kitchens and a restaurant, and are highly recommended. the question is: is there other beach life, vendors, fishermen, beach bars or little local spots to grab lunch on nevis near oualie beach (besides the resort)? is there a nearby grocery where we can provision? is there any bus or other transpo to get around the island of nevis besides renting a car or an expensive taxi?
st. kitts-wise: vendors, local spots, grocery, buses, etc? how far is the beach from timothy resort? reviews say "tired units" - is that true or just overly fastidious complaints?
are the two beaches qualitatively different? safe, shallow, sand quality?
i don't think we can go wrong, but i am really having trouble making a decision between the two islands/beaches. doing both is a no-go as voted on by the family (other than a day trip).
any and all advice welcome!
thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 2 Cuba via cruise
- 3 BVI: Comparable Islands?
- 4 Is everything open on elbow cay in early nov?
- 5 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 6 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 7 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 8 Cuba Help
- 9 Barbados Beach and Hotel Question
- 10 Living in the Caribbean
- 11 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 12 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 13 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 14 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 15 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 16 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 17 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 18 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 19 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 20 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 21 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 22 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 23 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios
- 24 St. Croix
- 25 St Kitts & Irma
hello fellow travelers,