hello fellow travelers,
i plan a week-long trip for my large family of 27, ages 6-83, every year. this year we're going to st. kitts and nevis. we've been to the domincan republic, jamaica, playa del carmen, xtapa and a cruise. we've discovered that we're not the all-inclusive big resort type and we'd much prefer to be on a (calm, safe) beach than in the mountains with a view. we have fun together on the beach but also like to be able to walk to a nearby beach or local neighborhood for lunch or necessities.
both timothy beach and oualie beach resorts can accommodate us, have kitchens and a restaurant, and are highly recommended. the question is: is there other beach life, vendors, fishermen, beach bars or little local spots to grab lunch on nevis near oualie beach (besides the resort)? is there a nearby grocery where we can provision? is there any bus or other transpo to get around the island of nevis besides renting a car or an expensive taxi?
st. kitts-wise: vendors, local spots, grocery, buses, etc? how far is the beach from timothy resort? reviews say "tired units" - is that true or just overly fastidious complaints?
are the two beaches qualitatively different? safe, shallow, sand quality?
i don't think we can go wrong, but i am really having trouble making a decision between the two islands/beaches. doing both is a no-go as voted on by the family (other than a day trip).
any and all advice welcome!
thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.healthsupreviews.com/testx-core/
- 2 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 3 What to pack for Bahamas in Dec.
- 4 Looking for affordable, secluded honeymoon bungalow/villa?
- 5 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 6 Best Luxury Place to Stay in T&C
- 7 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 8 Cuba for 6 Americans
- 9 New Destination
- 10 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 11 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 12 Bahamas help
- 13 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 14 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 15 Vacation suggestion, please
- 16 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 17 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 18 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 19 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 20 aruba planning advice
- 21 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 22 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 23 Transfer from Havana to Varadero
- 24 Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- 25 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
hello fellow travelers,