hello fellow travelers,
i plan a week-long trip for my large family of 27, ages 6-83, every year. this year we're going to st. kitts and nevis. we've been to the domincan republic, jamaica, playa del carmen, xtapa and a cruise. we've discovered that we're not the all-inclusive big resort type and we'd much prefer to be on a (calm, safe) beach than in the mountains with a view. we have fun together on the beach but also like to be able to walk to a nearby beach or local neighborhood for lunch or necessities.
both timothy beach and oualie beach resorts can accommodate us, have kitchens and a restaurant, and are highly recommended. the question is: is there other beach life, vendors, fishermen, beach bars or little local spots to grab lunch on nevis near oualie beach (besides the resort)? is there a nearby grocery where we can provision? is there any bus or other transpo to get around the island of nevis besides renting a car or an expensive taxi?
st. kitts-wise: vendors, local spots, grocery, buses, etc? how far is the beach from timothy resort? reviews say "tired units" - is that true or just overly fastidious complaints?
are the two beaches qualitatively different? safe, shallow, sand quality?
i don't think we can go wrong, but i am really having trouble making a decision between the two islands/beaches. doing both is a no-go as voted on by the family (other than a day trip).
any and all advice welcome!
thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 총판 토토 《kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017 》
- 2 PR or USVI
- 3 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 4 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 5 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 6 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 7 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 8 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 9 5 days in Havana
- 10 Which Caribbean island?
- 11 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 12 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 13 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 14 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 15 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 16 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 17 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 18 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 19 Scrub Island Resort
- 20 Caribbean Vacation Advice
- 21 St. Lucia Villa Recommendations
- 22 Wedding Destinations???
- 23 Grand Cayman Westin or Kimpton
- 24 Down to two in January have we got it right
- 25 Where to stay in Barbados July 1-11
hello fellow travelers,