hello fellow travelers,
i plan a week-long trip for my large family of 27, ages 6-83, every year. this year we're going to st. kitts and nevis. we've been to the domincan republic, jamaica, playa del carmen, xtapa and a cruise. we've discovered that we're not the all-inclusive big resort type and we'd much prefer to be on a (calm, safe) beach than in the mountains with a view. we have fun together on the beach but also like to be able to walk to a nearby beach or local neighborhood for lunch or necessities.
both timothy beach and oualie beach resorts can accommodate us, have kitchens and a restaurant, and are highly recommended. the question is: is there other beach life, vendors, fishermen, beach bars or little local spots to grab lunch on nevis near oualie beach (besides the resort)? is there a nearby grocery where we can provision? is there any bus or other transpo to get around the island of nevis besides renting a car or an expensive taxi?
st. kitts-wise: vendors, local spots, grocery, buses, etc? how far is the beach from timothy resort? reviews say "tired units" - is that true or just overly fastidious complaints?
are the two beaches qualitatively different? safe, shallow, sand quality?
i don't think we can go wrong, but i am really having trouble making a decision between the two islands/beaches. doing both is a no-go as voted on by the family (other than a day trip).
any and all advice welcome!
thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 FAQs: AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:8OO:385:4895 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 Havana
- 3 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 4 Barbados-how about this place?
- 5 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 6 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 7 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 8 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 9 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 10 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 11 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 12 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 13 Anguilla Hotel recommendations
- 14 Restaurant Recommendations
- 15 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 16 Family vacation
- 17 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 18 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 19 PR or USVI
- 20 Havana Hotel
- 21 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 22 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 23 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 24 Cayman Islands Currency
- 25 Virgin Gorda BVI
hello fellow travelers,