Bonaire is most famous for its diving and snorkeling, but there is plenty else to keep you occupied, particularly if you like wildlife. It's the kind of place where you'll want to rent a Jeep and go dashing off in search of the wild flamingo, the wild iguana, or even the wild yellow-winged parrot named the Bonairian lora. Beaches are not Bonaire's strong point, and you would be better advised to head to Aruba if that's your passion. However, good swimming beaches include Pink Beach and Boca Cai. Other sites worth seeing: the Akzo Salt Flats, huge white drifts that look like mounds of vanilla ice cream; Goto Meer, a saltwater lagoon that is one of the few nesting places of the pink flamingo; Rincon, the original Spanish settlement on the island; and Washington/Slagbaai National Park, 13,500 acres of tropical desert. Have a great trip.
Things to do in Bonaire
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Which Island?
- 2 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 3 Best Caribbean All Inclusive for Teens?
- 4 Punta Cana?
- 5 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 6 St. Thomas, Turks & Caicos or riviera maya ?
- 7 Cheap(er) snorkeling destination
- 8 Where to go in the Caribbean
- 9 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 10 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 11 Advice needed
- 12 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 13 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 14 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 15 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 16 Rincon Puerto Rico
- 17 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 18 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 19 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 20 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 21 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 22 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 23 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 24 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 25 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?