Bonaire is most famous for its diving and snorkeling, but there is plenty else to keep you occupied, particularly if you like wildlife. It's the kind of place where you'll want to rent a Jeep and go dashing off in search of the wild flamingo, the wild iguana, or even the wild yellow-winged parrot named the Bonairian lora. Beaches are not Bonaire's strong point, and you would be better advised to head to Aruba if that's your passion. However, good swimming beaches include Pink Beach and Boca Cai. Other sites worth seeing: the Akzo Salt Flats, huge white drifts that look like mounds of vanilla ice cream; Goto Meer, a saltwater lagoon that is one of the few nesting places of the pink flamingo; Rincon, the original Spanish settlement on the island; and Washington/Slagbaai National Park, 13,500 acres of tropical desert. Have a great trip.
Things to do in Bonaire
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 2 St. Croix and sea grass
- 3 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 4 Antigua or St Martin
- 5 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 6 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 7 montego bay
- 8 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 9 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 10 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 11 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 12 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 13 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 14 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 15 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 16 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay
- 17 Destination like USVI or BVI (topography) where I can rent a private villa
- 18 Get info about weather.
- 19 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 20 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 21 Logistics of getting to Anguilla
- 22 Anyone stay in an apartment on Bermuda?
- 23 Water/beach conditions in Barbados
- 24 Yet Another Person Needing Help Deciding Which Island
- 25 June Honeymoon Help, Please