Bonaire is most famous for its diving and snorkeling, but there is plenty else to keep you occupied, particularly if you like wildlife. It's the kind of place where you'll want to rent a Jeep and go dashing off in search of the wild flamingo, the wild iguana, or even the wild yellow-winged parrot named the Bonairian lora. Beaches are not Bonaire's strong point, and you would be better advised to head to Aruba if that's your passion. However, good swimming beaches include Pink Beach and Boca Cai. Other sites worth seeing: the Akzo Salt Flats, huge white drifts that look like mounds of vanilla ice cream; Goto Meer, a saltwater lagoon that is one of the few nesting places of the pink flamingo; Rincon, the original Spanish settlement on the island; and Washington/Slagbaai National Park, 13,500 acres of tropical desert. Have a great trip.
Things to do in Bonaire
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 2 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 3 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 4 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 5 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 6 Tipping at AI
- 7 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 8 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 9 Traveling Solo
- 10 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 11 A Volcanic Paradise
- 12 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 13 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 14 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 15 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 16 St. Kitts, the details
- 17 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 18 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 19 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 20 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 21 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 22 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 23 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 24 8 TUFF MILES
- 25 Puerto Rico Nightlife?