Bonaire is most famous for its diving and snorkeling, but there is plenty else to keep you occupied, particularly if you like wildlife. It's the kind of place where you'll want to rent a Jeep and go dashing off in search of the wild flamingo, the wild iguana, or even the wild yellow-winged parrot named the Bonairian lora. Beaches are not Bonaire's strong point, and you would be better advised to head to Aruba if that's your passion. However, good swimming beaches include Pink Beach and Boca Cai. Other sites worth seeing: the Akzo Salt Flats, huge white drifts that look like mounds of vanilla ice cream; Goto Meer, a saltwater lagoon that is one of the few nesting places of the pink flamingo; Rincon, the original Spanish settlement on the island; and Washington/Slagbaai National Park, 13,500 acres of tropical desert. Have a great trip.
Things to do in Bonaire
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 2 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 3 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 4 month stay on a caribbean island
- 5 Ferry to Rum Point
- 6 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 7 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 8 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 9 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 10 Islands with great nightlife
- 11 Family with infants/toddlers
- 12 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 13 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 14 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 15 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 16 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 17 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 18 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 19 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 20 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 21 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 22 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 23 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 24 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 25 Studying French in the Caribbean