We finally got to take the new (?) auto ferry between St. Kitts (Major Bay) and Nevis (Cades Bay). The fun/fear is loading. Everybody backs into place on the deck. It is a fender bender waiting to happen. The ferry itself is not the one originally ordered. That went down in New Orleans during Katrina. This one is a non-commissioned WWII landing craft. The original idea of carrying 35 cars has been reduced to 10 cars per trip. The ferry leaves Nevis on the even hour and St. Kitts on the odd hour. They initially had their trouble getting their act together re: the timetable, but that seems to have worked out to being somewhat on schedule. The cost is $125.EC per car and driver round trip and $30EC per passenger round trip. ($1US=$2.8662) Major Bay is the end of St. Kitt's "turkey leg" so it is a 20 minute drive downtown. Unfortunately, having your own car in St. Kitts means that you don't have to lug everything back on the passenger ferries and that you can get to more stores each trip. We came back a bit poorer and with a full back seat. http://www.seabridgeskn.com What a great way for visitors to explore the sister islands.
the new Sea Bridge
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. John USVI
- 2 Which Island?
- 3 Carribean vacation with infant
- 4 Any sharks around US Virgin Islands ?
- 5 TOP 5 MUST-DO LIST FOR GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- 6 A nice hotel to stay in St Martin for one night ?
- 7 Buccament Bay in Kingston, St. Vincent and Grenadines
- 8 Cayman Islands in October
- 9 Where to spend a month or two this winter
- 10 things to do in Nassau
- 11 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 12 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 13 Puerto Rico - January 13 - 21 - Itinerary
- 14 Best resorts for families with 3 small kids
- 15 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 16 Best island for early to mid November
- 17 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 18 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 19 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 20 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 21 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 22 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 23 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 24 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 25 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas