Hi everyone. I'm an editor at Fodor's (on the book-side), and I'd like to get some input from Caribbean travelers on their experiences going to some of the more off-the-beaten-track destinations. I'm thinking particularly of places that aren't on the top of most American traveler's list: Curacao, Dominica, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Saba, St. Eustatius (please, has anyone gone there for more than a day-trip?), and some of the smaller islands in the Grenadines. If you'd like to recount your travel experiences and tell me what you did and didn't like, I'd really appreciate it. I'm more interested in experiences rather than specific hotel or restaurant recommendations. Thanks for your help.
The Caribbean Off the Beaten Track
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 2 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 3 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 4 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 5 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 6 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 7 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 8 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 9 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 10 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 11 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 12 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 13 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 14 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 15 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 16 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 17 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 18 Which island?
- 19 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 20 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 21 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 22 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 23 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 24 Trying to Figure Out Whether to Stay at Airport or in Old San Juan
- 25 Turks and Caicos problems