I got your reply and wanted to say thank you! I feel I can relax now and enjoy. My sisters, Mom and myself are the type of travellers who like to experience the culture and interact with the people when on a holiday. I started to get scared that we were going to basically be stuck with the resort, crappy food and no interaction with people. NOT my idea of a holiday. I had to laugh at our travel agent. I had asked her about the food in Cuba before I posted here and she replied with "Well, I lost 5 pound in a week. There was a good Italian resturant at our hotel", I replied with "If I wanted Italian, I'd book a trip to Italy" The money concerned me because I like to TRY and fit in and TRY to not stick out like a sore thumb and I just figured with US Bills there would be a flashing "IDIOT" sign on my head. Anyways, we leave in 2 weeks. I look forward to it. Thanks again.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 2 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 3 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 4 Cuba in November
- 5 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 6 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 7 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 8 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 9 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 10 Tennis in Aruba question
- 11 christmas in the caribbean
- 12 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
- 13 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
- 14 Guadeloupe - January 2017
- 15 Marriott Courtyard Junkanoo Beach Nassau
- 16 Jamaica
- 17 Money in Jamaica
- 18 Aruba trip report (first time visitors)
- 19 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 20 Where to stay on the Gold Coast
- 21 Atlantis in Nassau
- 22 Off Beaten Path from Atlantis
- 23 10 Great Days in Guadeloupe
- 24 My week in Guadeloupe
- 25 Guadeloupe in January