I got your reply and wanted to say thank you! I feel I can relax now and enjoy. My sisters, Mom and myself are the type of travellers who like to experience the culture and interact with the people when on a holiday. I started to get scared that we were going to basically be stuck with the resort, crappy food and no interaction with people. NOT my idea of a holiday. I had to laugh at our travel agent. I had asked her about the food in Cuba before I posted here and she replied with "Well, I lost 5 pound in a week. There was a good Italian resturant at our hotel", I replied with "If I wanted Italian, I'd book a trip to Italy" The money concerned me because I like to TRY and fit in and TRY to not stick out like a sore thumb and I just figured with US Bills there would be a flashing "IDIOT" sign on my head. Anyways, we leave in 2 weeks. I look forward to it. Thanks again.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 celebrating 40
- 2 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 3 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 4 Where to go in February/March
- 5 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 6 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 7 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 8 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 9 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 10 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 11 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 12 Which island?
- 13 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 14 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 15 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 16 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 17 St. Croix and sea grass
- 18 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 19 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 20 Bahamas Resort
- 21 Which country?
- 22 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 23 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 24 Antigua or St Martin
- 25 South Beach Hotel Barbados