I got your reply and wanted to say thank you! I feel I can relax now and enjoy. My sisters, Mom and myself are the type of travellers who like to experience the culture and interact with the people when on a holiday. I started to get scared that we were going to basically be stuck with the resort, crappy food and no interaction with people. NOT my idea of a holiday. I had to laugh at our travel agent. I had asked her about the food in Cuba before I posted here and she replied with "Well, I lost 5 pound in a week. There was a good Italian resturant at our hotel", I replied with "If I wanted Italian, I'd book a trip to Italy" The money concerned me because I like to TRY and fit in and TRY to not stick out like a sore thumb and I just figured with US Bills there would be a flashing "IDIOT" sign on my head. Anyways, we leave in 2 weeks. I look forward to it. Thanks again.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Saint John retirement
- 2 Volcanoes, Rainforest, and Beaches
- 3 Anguilla or Turks & Caicos?
- 4 What is the best Caribbean island for white sandy beaches
- 5 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 6 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 7 Cuba by car
- 8 So Green, So French, Beautiful Martinique
- 9 20th anniversary
- 10 The great advantages including with the use
- 11 Recommendations for mid-November 2015 honeymoon destination
- 12 cheap living & travelling in Dominican Republic
- 13 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 14 Sunny Beach Weather in February
- 15 Safe for Family
- 16 Christmas destination
- 17 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 18 Spring Break 2016 --- Is the Caribbean for us?
- 19 USVI St John trip with kids and Westin St John stay
- 20 Girls Week (late 20s) Recommendation
- 21 Honeymoon Destination
- 22 Where to stay with teens on Turks and Caicos
- 23 shore excursions
- 24 just be careful
- 25 Restaurants in Aruba