The first forum I made worked so well, I thought I'd give it another go for yet another traveling topic! In the fall, I am planning on going to Budapest, Hungary for about 6-8 months to teach English. I am working on finding a way to get TEFL certified sometime soon, but if I don't have the time to do it before I leave, I will be getting certified while I'm in Budapest.
With that said, I have nothing to do from when I graduate to when I would be leaving for Hungary! I want to work in order to make and save money, but I also want to travel and gain experience teaching. So, I have been thinking of scheduling a short trip abroad to teach English during the summertime. I have been researching online looking for programs for students/recent graduates that allow the student to travel abroad (anywhere) for just a few short weeks (3-4), teach in a school and get paid for it. I have found a few, but am wondering if any of you know of any great programs like this. I'm sure an application process is necessary to even get into these programs, but I am willing to apply wherever.
If any of you could be of any help, I would greatly appreciate it! Hope to hear from you soon and thanks so much for your time.
Teaching English Abroad
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 2 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 3 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 4 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 5 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 6 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 7 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 8 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 9 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 10 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 11 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 12 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 13 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 14 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 15 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 16 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 17 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 18 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 19 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 20 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 21 Which island?
- 22 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 23 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 24 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 25 Resort hotels on St Croix