I've tried to do my research but I just need some final reassurance. I think my note taking methods are flawed! I wrote down the names of restaurants that sounded good, but didn't always note who was recommending them or if they had kids with them.
We will be in T&C in less than 2 weeks so I'd like to get some restaurants booked. I'm hoping everyone else waits til they get there, so we will be able to get the reservations we want, though I realize that may be naive!
We will definitely have 1 or 2 nights where we hire a babysitter, so we will be able to try a couple of the more adult-oriented restaurants. For the remaining 6 or 7 nights, we will be with the children. I'm embarrassed to tell you how limited my daughter's diet is. She eats the typical kids menu stuff - chicken nuggets, mac - n - cheese, pasta with butter. So I will really be limited in the restaurants I can choose. My son is much more adventurous, so if a place will work for DD, it'll definitely work for DS.
On another thread I started, Basia recommended
<<Caicos Cafe, Coyaba (winner of Top Chef, Canada), Lemon Cafe (ask for Chef John - the kids will love him and the food is terrific!!), Bay Bistro (walking distance by beach from the Palms and conch won tons to die for), Coco Bistro (for the most romantic setting), and, if you like Indian food, Garam Masala should not be missed!>>
I know Caicos Cafe has pasta, so that's good.
Not sure if the following restaurants have typical kids menus or at least pasta: Coyaba, Lemon Cafe, Bay Bistro, Coco Bistro. I do like Indian food, but as much as I said my son was adventurous, he hasn't tried Indian food. I suppose I could consider Garam Masala if they would have anything for my daughter, but I don't feel like the Indian restaurants around here have americanized kids menus, so I'm not optimistic about G.M.
Also thinking of Tiki Hut, Hemingways and Baci - I think from what I read all are kid friendly and have kids menus or pasta.
In addition we're thinking about the Beach BBQ at the Somerset. Do you make reservations for a specific time? Is it an all you can eat buffet? We are having pictures taken from 6-7 at our hotel, the Regent Palms, and the photographer said we should maybe plan to eat at the hotel that night because he might have us rolling around in the sand at the end of the shoot. Wondering if the BBQ might still work for us. Even if we have a later reservation, if we can walk in and get food relatively quickly, it may work. If we had to sit and order and wait for our food, it might end up being too late for the kids.
For our adult dinners, considering Anacoana, Parallel 23 (haven't read much about htat here but a friend loved it and it is at our hotel, I think, so easy!) and maybe trying Stelle which I believe is a new restaurant at the Gansevoort. We love the Gansevoort in NYC, so we thought it would be fun to check out the one in T&C.
Any thoughts? Any I should eliminate? I think I have 10 possibilities for dinners with kids and 3 for adult dinners. We only have 8 nights, 1 or 2 adult and 6 or 7 kid dinners. So if you have advice on what your top choices would be, that would be helpful.
Thank you in advance!!
TCI restaurants w picky 7 YO & adventurous 9 YO? Adult meals too!
- 1 San Juan airport (SJU) public bus
- 2 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 3 Seven Seas on T&C, what to do and what to see?
- 4 Bermuda Trip
- 5 quiet and relaxing
- 6 Spirit Airlines to Caribbean - Need help w/carryon question.
- 7 Verandah Resort on Antigua
- 8 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 9 St.Thomas St. John
- 10 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 11 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 12 Suggestions on Good Restaurants in Grand Cayman
- 13 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 14 June vacation trip for guys
- 15 Which island to visit???
- 16 HONEYMOONERS on BUDGET...HELP
- 17 Multi Family Vacation- Caribbean
- 18 Honeymoon Help!
- 19 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 20 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?
- 21 Grand Cayman
- 22 Sandals La Source Grenada
- 23 Sandos Playacar Beach resort
- 24 Gifts for Cubans - ElectricalOutlets
- 25 Honeymoon - St. Lucia, Martinique, St. Vincent & the Grenadines