Going to Turks and Caicos and staying at the Royal West Indies mid May. We'll be there for a week and I want to know if we should rent a car for the whole time, or just a portion of our trip.
I've searched the forum and noted that most visitors recommend renting a car. We'll want to go to different beaches, but we're not necessarily "off the beaten" path types. That said, I was thinking that 3 days w/a car should be sufficient? Is that good enough?
Secondly, where should we rent a car from. I've read that if you're going to rent a car it should be a Jeep or other sport utility. Do the major national chains deliver to RWI. Tropical Auto does but I would prefer a better known company.
Thanks for the suggestions in advance!
T&C: How many days should we rent a car?
- 1 month stay on a caribbean island
- 2 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 3 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 4 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 5 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 6 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 7 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 8 Ferry to Rum Point
- 9 Islands with great nightlife
- 10 Family with infants/toddlers
- 11 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 12 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 13 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 14 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 15 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 16 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 17 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 18 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 19 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 20 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 21 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 22 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 23 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 24 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 25 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations