Going to Turks and Caicos and staying at the Royal West Indies mid May. We'll be there for a week and I want to know if we should rent a car for the whole time, or just a portion of our trip.
I've searched the forum and noted that most visitors recommend renting a car. We'll want to go to different beaches, but we're not necessarily "off the beaten" path types. That said, I was thinking that 3 days w/a car should be sufficient? Is that good enough?
Secondly, where should we rent a car from. I've read that if you're going to rent a car it should be a Jeep or other sport utility. Do the major national chains deliver to RWI. Tropical Auto does but I would prefer a better known company.
Thanks for the suggestions in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementssupplier.com/mengenix-muscle-rampage/
- 2 Small Carribean Hotel
- 3 Canadian Travel Agent for Cuba hotels
- 4 Punta Cana Excursions
- 5 customs questions
- 6 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 7 Nassau Bahamas
- 8 St. Thomas or Turks and Caicos in October?
- 9 Biking in Caribbean
- 10 Best Quiet Peacfull Island to Rent a Vacation Home?
- 11 Which Island for Travelling Without a Resort?
- 12 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 13 Help with how long on each island.
- 14 Travel from Culebra to St. John
- 15 Puerto Rico from Ponce to Arecibo
- 16 Average prices for taxis in Havana
- 17 Honeymoon All Inclusive
- 18 Christmas in the Caribbean
- 19 Where to go January beach bachelorette?
- 20 St. Lucia to Puerto Rico
- 21 Hiking in St. John
- 22 The Crane Resort - Stay Away!!!
- 23 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 24 celebrating husband's 50th birthday AI suggestions needed
- 25 Turks Caicos July 19 - Aug 2