Going to Turks and Caicos and staying at the Royal West Indies mid May. We'll be there for a week and I want to know if we should rent a car for the whole time, or just a portion of our trip.
I've searched the forum and noted that most visitors recommend renting a car. We'll want to go to different beaches, but we're not necessarily "off the beaten" path types. That said, I was thinking that 3 days w/a car should be sufficient? Is that good enough?
Secondly, where should we rent a car from. I've read that if you're going to rent a car it should be a Jeep or other sport utility. Do the major national chains deliver to RWI. Tropical Auto does but I would prefer a better known company.
Thanks for the suggestions in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.mindextra.com/alta-white/
- 2 http://brainfireadvice.com/rexburn/
- 3 Looking for island choice help
- 4 Best child-friendly resort in the Caribbean?
- 5 Help on choosing where to visit
- 6 Transfers to Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic
- 7 when to visit barbados
- 8 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 9 Belize vs Bonaire for snorkeling?
- 10 So is Bonaire great? Or not??
- 11 40th birthday with friends
- 12 which island?
- 13 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 14 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 15 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 16 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 17 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 18 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 19 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 20 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 21 Cuba in November
- 22 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 23 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 24 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 25 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?