Going to Turks and Caicos and staying at the Royal West Indies mid May. We'll be there for a week and I want to know if we should rent a car for the whole time, or just a portion of our trip.
I've searched the forum and noted that most visitors recommend renting a car. We'll want to go to different beaches, but we're not necessarily "off the beaten" path types. That said, I was thinking that 3 days w/a car should be sufficient? Is that good enough?
Secondly, where should we rent a car from. I've read that if you're going to rent a car it should be a Jeep or other sport utility. Do the major national chains deliver to RWI. Tropical Auto does but I would prefer a better known company.
Thanks for the suggestions in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bermuda in February or March
- 2 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 3 Safest Islands for Us?
- 4 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 5 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 6 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 7 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 8 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 9 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 10 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 11 Narrowing it down
- 12 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 13 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 14 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
- 15 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 16 Help us choose a waterpark resort in Punta Cana
- 17 Destination Wedding
- 18 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 19 Help us plan a laid back honeymoon
- 20 by ship from puerto rico to the AVI or BVI
- 21 barbados vs. Bonaire
- 22 Trip report: Woman solo travelling in Cuba
- 23 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 24 Proof of return to board a flight to jamaica.
- 25 mid December 2016 trip for 2