Going to Turks and Caicos and staying at the Royal West Indies mid May. We'll be there for a week and I want to know if we should rent a car for the whole time, or just a portion of our trip.
I've searched the forum and noted that most visitors recommend renting a car. We'll want to go to different beaches, but we're not necessarily "off the beaten" path types. That said, I was thinking that 3 days w/a car should be sufficient? Is that good enough?
Secondly, where should we rent a car from. I've read that if you're going to rent a car it should be a Jeep or other sport utility. Do the major national chains deliver to RWI. Tropical Auto does but I would prefer a better known company.
Thanks for the suggestions in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Choosing Between a Rental on Nassau or Eleuethera
- 2 Evening temperatures
- 3 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 4 50th Birthday with Family
- 5 Cuba in November
- 6 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 7 Woman, alone, islandhopping
- 8 Best 'Swimming' Beaches in the Caribbean- from SFO
- 9 Birthday Celebration
- 10 DR - All inclusive
- 11 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 12 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 13 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 14 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 15 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 16 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 17 Late May Trip
- 18 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 19 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 20 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 21 Cheers to Beers!
- 22 Where To Go Post Xmas- Mid Jaunary for under $4G
- 23 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 24 New Years Eve / St John
- 25 St Lucia Trip Report 2014 Bay Gardens Beach Resort