I'm looking for a place to take surfing lessons for my brother and his son and someone suggested Puerto Rico. What I would love feedback on is a place that might not be too terribly far from the airport as it will only be a for a long weekend and also a place that has pretty much guarnteed good surf for the time of year they are going, which will be the end of March. The school in PR that was recommended is Ricon which may be fine but it is about two hours from the airport. Any suggestions and or input based on the above would be great. Probably would prefer to stay at the same place as the school facility but not mandatory.....ass long as the hotel was close...and budget for hotel probably around $300 a night or so. Concern is good surf as mentioned and location. They are flying from NY so prefer not much more than 4 hour flight as well. Less is even better!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba Cell Phones and Casa Tips
- 2 Easy from St Kitts, Mahoe Bay, etc.
- 3 Jerk Chicken
- 4 BVI trip questions
- 5 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 6 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 7 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 8 aruba fun!!!
- 9 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 10 Peterson
- 11 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 12 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 13 St.Lucia newbie
- 14 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 15 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 16 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 17 Turks and caicos
- 18 Aruba weather
- 19 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 20 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 21 Turks and caicos
- 22 Cruise stop activities
- 23 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 24 Jade Mountain
- 25 Honeymoon Help!!