I'm looking for a place to take surfing lessons for my brother and his son and someone suggested Puerto Rico. What I would love feedback on is a place that might not be too terribly far from the airport as it will only be a for a long weekend and also a place that has pretty much guarnteed good surf for the time of year they are going, which will be the end of March. The school in PR that was recommended is Ricon which may be fine but it is about two hours from the airport. Any suggestions and or input based on the above would be great. Probably would prefer to stay at the same place as the school facility but not mandatory.....ass long as the hotel was close...and budget for hotel probably around $300 a night or so. Concern is good surf as mentioned and location. They are flying from NY so prefer not much more than 4 hour flight as well. Less is even better!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Last min 5 night stay suggestion
- 2 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 3 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 4 Bahamas help
- 5 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 6 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 7 Vacation suggestion, please
- 8 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 9 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 10 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 11 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 12 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 13 New Destination
- 14 aruba planning advice
- 15 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 16 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 17 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 18 Transfer from Havana to Varadero
- 19 Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- 20 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 21 Barbados Beaches
- 22 Negril Jamaica- upcoming stay at Sandals Beaches resort
- 23 Peterson
- 24 Cuba weather in March
- 25 Puerto Rico Itinerary help