I'm looking for a place to take surfing lessons for my brother and his son and someone suggested Puerto Rico. What I would love feedback on is a place that might not be too terribly far from the airport as it will only be a for a long weekend and also a place that has pretty much guarnteed good surf for the time of year they are going, which will be the end of March. The school in PR that was recommended is Ricon which may be fine but it is about two hours from the airport. Any suggestions and or input based on the above would be great. Probably would prefer to stay at the same place as the school facility but not mandatory.....ass long as the hotel was close...and budget for hotel probably around $300 a night or so. Concern is good surf as mentioned and location. They are flying from NY so prefer not much more than 4 hour flight as well. Less is even better!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 2 Ideal wedding island
- 3 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 4 Help with small wedding location
- 5 First time visitors
- 6 Help choosing next vacation??
- 7 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 8 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 9 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 10 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 11 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 12 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 13 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 14 St. Croix
- 15 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 16 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 17 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 18 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 19 Island Hopping
- 20 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 21 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Havana restaurants
- 24 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 25 Aruba Vacation Rentals vs Resort