I'm looking for a place to take surfing lessons for my brother and his son and someone suggested Puerto Rico. What I would love feedback on is a place that might not be too terribly far from the airport as it will only be a for a long weekend and also a place that has pretty much guarnteed good surf for the time of year they are going, which will be the end of March. The school in PR that was recommended is Ricon which may be fine but it is about two hours from the airport. Any suggestions and or input based on the above would be great. Probably would prefer to stay at the same place as the school facility but not mandatory.....ass long as the hotel was close...and budget for hotel probably around $300 a night or so. Concern is good surf as mentioned and location. They are flying from NY so prefer not much more than 4 hour flight as well. Less is even better!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 bokus : YAHOO Te^ch SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:540:6830
- 2 Help, USVI in June, must book soon!
- 3 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 4 Affordable Honeymoon Help
- 5 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 6 Family vacation
- 7 Puerto Rico Christmas Week
- 8 Airfare Tips for Flying to Abaco Islands, Bahamas in December
- 9 PR or USVI
- 10 Havana Hotel
- 11 Best kids friendly Island to visit in August
- 12 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 13 Back to the Exumas - Trip Report
- 14 Cayman Islands Currency
- 15 Virgin Gorda BVI
- 16 Martinique June 4th - 16th
- 17 Where to rent in St. John? and other questions
- 18 What foods can be taken to Providenciales
- 19 Havana
- 20 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 21 Scrub Island Resort
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations
- 23 St. Maarten--car rental or do without?
- 24 Rental car agencies near cruise terminal in St. Maarten?
- 25 Snorkeling trip ideas