I recently returned from one of the most wonderful vacations my family and I have ever enjoyed. Using Fodor's as a starting point, we located a private vacation rental on the north coast of the Dominican Republic. The destination we selected was Villa Castellamonte that has a website at http://www.villa-castellamonte.com
The vacation was, in a word, superb! The villa is beautiful--much nicer in person that in the photos--and the staff they have are amazing. Every attention to detail was there to make our vacation just as near perfect as we have ever had. It was an affordable luxury vacation we hope to enjoy in coming years again.
Thank you Fodor's Guide for pointing us to this vacation destination. We might never have gone had it not been for Fodor's anointing the villa with a Fodor's Choice. Now I need to try some other Fodor's Choice selections because this one was over the top wonderful!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 West Coast US and Carribean
- 2 The Club Barbados AI resort & Spa
- 3 Family friendly but low key resort?
- 4 St. John--how much should we try to see?
- 5 Nywoman goes to Cuba June 2015
- 6 Activities/Tours in Aruba
- 7 Turks & Caicos ofr New Years
- 8 Resort Recommendations
- 9 All-inclusive experts, I need your help, please!
- 10 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 11 Tour Operator?
- 12 Travel Advice Needed
- 13 Puerto Plata
- 14 Puerto Plata- Hacienda Lifestyle resorts and villas
- 15 puerto plata town vs. sosua? need help.......
- 16 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 17 Quick Question: Why is Puerto Plata, DR so much cheaper than Punta Cana, DR
- 18 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 19 Where to go with a 5-1/2 hr layover in Nassau?
- 20 Transportation to Exuma
- 21 Nassau temp late Jan
- 22 St. Martin vs St. Maarten and what area or Antigua or Barbuda and what area
- 23 Sandals, Montego Bay
- 24 Jamaica - Couples Negril or Sandals Royal Caribbean (Montego)
- 25 Any All-Inclusive Resort Recommendations?
Superb Vacation in the Dominican Republic