I recently returned from one of the most wonderful vacations my family and I have ever enjoyed. Using Fodor's as a starting point, we located a private vacation rental on the north coast of the Dominican Republic. The destination we selected was Villa Castellamonte that has a website at http://www.villa-castellamonte.com
The vacation was, in a word, superb! The villa is beautiful--much nicer in person that in the photos--and the staff they have are amazing. Every attention to detail was there to make our vacation just as near perfect as we have ever had. It was an affordable luxury vacation we hope to enjoy in coming years again.
Thank you Fodor's Guide for pointing us to this vacation destination. We might never have gone had it not been for Fodor's anointing the villa with a Fodor's Choice. Now I need to try some other Fodor's Choice selections because this one was over the top wonderful!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family vacation for divers
- 2 Best Restaurants on Tortola
- 3 No rain in June PLEASE
- 4 Cuba
- 5 How Early to Arrive at St Maarten Airport?
- 6 Turks & Caicos or another island for a short getaway from NYC?
- 7 Culinary Employment Iles Des Saintes
- 8 Island recommendation
- 9 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 10 Safe to VRBO in Puerto Rico?
- 11 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 12 Can I take alcohol?
- 13 Scrub Island Resort
- 14 Virgin Gorda? 5-Year Anniversary Trip
- 15 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 16 Vacationing Single in Grand Cayman
- 17 Trip Report: St. John Villa Rental
- 18 Which Caribbean island is best for my family?
- 19 Island advice plz!
- 20 Cubarinking water?
- 21 First time to PR
- 22 St. John Trip Report
- 23 Aussie couple's 3/4 week trip
- 24 St Kitts' Bakery
- 25 Which Island - Family Getaway
Superb Vacation in the Dominican Republic