I recently returned from one of the most wonderful vacations my family and I have ever enjoyed. Using Fodor's as a starting point, we located a private vacation rental on the north coast of the Dominican Republic. The destination we selected was Villa Castellamonte that has a website at http://www.villa-castellamonte.com
The vacation was, in a word, superb! The villa is beautiful--much nicer in person that in the photos--and the staff they have are amazing. Every attention to detail was there to make our vacation just as near perfect as we have ever had. It was an affordable luxury vacation we hope to enjoy in coming years again.
Thank you Fodor's Guide for pointing us to this vacation destination. We might never have gone had it not been for Fodor's anointing the villa with a Fodor's Choice. Now I need to try some other Fodor's Choice selections because this one was over the top wonderful!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Overwhelmed....
- 2 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 3 Small boat excursion
- 4 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 5 Can you tell me where?
- 6 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 7 DAY 14 - PRE LAST DOMINICANA DAY, STEAK HOUSE
- 8 3 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 9 Alta Vista or Mayan Sky - St. John
- 10 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 11 Marigot, Rodney, or Soufriere?
- 12 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 13 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 14 Help me to pick an island
- 15 first Caribbean trip with kids
- 16 Haven't been to The Caymans in many years???
- 17 DAY 13 - PUNTA CANA BACHATA & MICHAEL JACKSON SHOW
- 18 Turks & Caicos Rental Car
- 19 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
- 20 Help picking an island!!!!
- 21 Relaxing on Trinidad's Beaches
- 22 Rent a car on St John - need recommendations
- 23 When to go to El Yunque
- 24 Which beach is quieter? The one at Frangapani or Cuisinart?
- 25 DAY 12 - SUNRISE IN PUNTA CANA, SHOPPING
Superb Vacation in the Dominican Republic