I recently returned from one of the most wonderful vacations my family and I have ever enjoyed. Using Fodor's as a starting point, we located a private vacation rental on the north coast of the Dominican Republic. The destination we selected was Villa Castellamonte that has a website at http://www.villa-castellamonte.com
The vacation was, in a word, superb! The villa is beautiful--much nicer in person that in the photos--and the staff they have are amazing. Every attention to detail was there to make our vacation just as near perfect as we have ever had. It was an affordable luxury vacation we hope to enjoy in coming years again.
Thank you Fodor's Guide for pointing us to this vacation destination. We might never have gone had it not been for Fodor's anointing the villa with a Fodor's Choice. Now I need to try some other Fodor's Choice selections because this one was over the top wonderful!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 2 Americans traveling to Cuba..question
- 2 First Vacation!
- 3 Safe for Family
- 4 Grand Cayman January
- 5 Bahamas girls trip
- 6 Turks & Caicos
- 7 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 8 Restaurant in Aruba
- 9 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 10 Early 20's Couple
- 11 Couple in early 20's
- 12 St. Barths Restaurant Recommendations
- 13 Boat Charter in BVI
- 14 Weather in June?
- 15 Weather in June in Puerto Rico?
- 16 How can I top LI and Eluthera?
- 17 Anniversary Trip Options
- 18 Island with golf
- 19 2 Days in Dominica
- 20 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 21 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 22 Puerto Rico Trip Report - May, 2015
- 23 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 24 During times of need, let us donate for Nepal earthquake victims
- 25 St Thomas vs Puerto Rico
Superb Vacation in the Dominican Republic