I recently returned from one of the most wonderful vacations my family and I have ever enjoyed. Using Fodor's as a starting point, we located a private vacation rental on the north coast of the Dominican Republic. The destination we selected was Villa Castellamonte that has a website at http://www.villa-castellamonte.com
The vacation was, in a word, superb! The villa is beautiful--much nicer in person that in the photos--and the staff they have are amazing. Every attention to detail was there to make our vacation just as near perfect as we have ever had. It was an affordable luxury vacation we hope to enjoy in coming years again.
Thank you Fodor's Guide for pointing us to this vacation destination. We might never have gone had it not been for Fodor's anointing the villa with a Fodor's Choice. Now I need to try some other Fodor's Choice selections because this one was over the top wonderful!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 CHOOSING BETWEEN 3 RESORTS, HELP!
- 2 Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico or Aruba
- 3 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 4 Cuba tour companies
- 5 Barbados or st Martin that's the dilemma
- 6 Snorkeling Grand Cayman
- 7 Where to stay in Puerto Rico?
- 8 Weather in Nov
- 9 Virgin Gorda with Kids
- 10 Fishing for ideas
- 11 If you heard about the Weight Loss System
- 12 Spring Break trip to Cuba with our kids
- 13 Travel Insurance
- 14 First time cruiser to USVI
- 15 St. Thomas vs Bahamas?
- 16 Cuba
- 17 Affordable Eats & Drinks - which Islands?
- 18 Restaurants in Aruba
- 19 long enough layover in SJU?
- 20 The Color of the Water
- 21 Confused what to chose
- 22 Bermuda in Late August
- 23 Anguilla Air Express - still in business?
- 24 Travel from St. Martin to St. Thomas
- 25 Beach hoilday, 8m old baby in August?
Superb Vacation in the Dominican Republic