I recently returned from one of the most wonderful vacations my family and I have ever enjoyed. Using Fodor's as a starting point, we located a private vacation rental on the north coast of the Dominican Republic. The destination we selected was Villa Castellamonte that has a website at http://www.villa-castellamonte.com
The vacation was, in a word, superb! The villa is beautiful--much nicer in person that in the photos--and the staff they have are amazing. Every attention to detail was there to make our vacation just as near perfect as we have ever had. It was an affordable luxury vacation we hope to enjoy in coming years again.
Thank you Fodor's Guide for pointing us to this vacation destination. We might never have gone had it not been for Fodor's anointing the villa with a Fodor's Choice. Now I need to try some other Fodor's Choice selections because this one was over the top wonderful!
Superb Vacation in the Dominican Republic
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Resort villa suggestions
- 2 Florida or caribbean
- 3 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 4 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 5 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 6 Waterskiing in TCI???
- 7 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 8 Occidental Grand or Riu Palace Antillas?
- 9 Suggestions for Solo Travel for Woman in Late 30's
- 10 Best Island To Honeymoon To?
- 11 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 12 Honeymoon in Caribbean & US - HELP!
- 13 Some "Don't Miss" Stuff on St. Martin Please
- 14 Cost of liquor in Turks and Caicos
- 15 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 16 safety in Jamaica, college spring break, 2015
- 17 rent a car??
- 18 Family with two teen boys and my dad/ their grandpa
- 19 Turks and Caicos Accommodations Question - West Bay Club
- 20 Trip to Grenada vs Anguilla vs Nevis
- 21 A few last minute Cuba questions! (two week trip)
- 22 Cuba Opening Up
- 23 Honeymoon St. Lucia confused?
- 24 Jamaica vs. Barbados
- 25 Scrub Island recommendations?