I recently returned from one of the most wonderful vacations my family and I have ever enjoyed. Using Fodor's as a starting point, we located a private vacation rental on the north coast of the Dominican Republic. The destination we selected was Villa Castellamonte that has a website at http://www.villa-castellamonte.com
The vacation was, in a word, superb! The villa is beautiful--much nicer in person that in the photos--and the staff they have are amazing. Every attention to detail was there to make our vacation just as near perfect as we have ever had. It was an affordable luxury vacation we hope to enjoy in coming years again.
Thank you Fodor's Guide for pointing us to this vacation destination. We might never have gone had it not been for Fodor's anointing the villa with a Fodor's Choice. Now I need to try some other Fodor's Choice selections because this one was over the top wonderful!
Superb Vacation in the Dominican Republic
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 2 Best island for early to mid November
- 3 snorkle choices in Antigua
- 4 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 5 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 6 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 7 Divi Little Bay versus Holland House Beach Resort, St. Martin
- 8 Mexico vs Cuba vs Bali
- 9 things to do in Nassau
- 10 Best resort to go with adult children not Mexico
- 11 planning a long weekend for Feb/March
- 12 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 13 tourist opinion for trips to the Bahamas
- 14 Which Second Caribbean Destination ?
- 15 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 16 Best Starwood (Westin/Sheraton/St. Regis) Resort for Families??
- 17 Which Island?
- 18 Cuba in 10 days
- 19 7 days solo...Cuba or Puerto Rico, guys???
- 20 Antigua - First Trip - Which Beach and Which Bed ?
- 21 Honeymoon in Caribbean?
- 22 Aruba Car Rental Insurance
- 23 BEST reef snorkeling in Cozumel, Cost Maya or Roatan ???
- 24 Memorable anniversary dinner on St. Thomas?
- 25 Resort with air-conditioned pool-side cabana?