We are planning a one week vacation with our families in July. There are 7 adults and 4 kids (8,11,11, and 13) and we're all coming from different locations. We're looking for an island with friendly people, interesting hikes/ walks, and a nice hotel or all-inclusive, but not "super-sized" and not luxury. We'd like to be on the beach, and enjoy water activities, and beautiful hikes. We've considered Turks/Caicos, St. Lucia, Belize (we know it's NOT an island!) , Grenada and Dominica. With 11 people, we need to be careful with our spending. There must be lots of ideas out there, so please send us some things to think about. Thanks
Summer trip with kids and grandkids
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Croix and sea grass
- 2 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 3 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 4 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 5 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 6 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 7 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 8 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 9 Tipping at AI
- 10 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 11 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 12 Traveling Solo
- 13 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 14 A Volcanic Paradise
- 15 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 16 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 17 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 18 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 19 St. Kitts, the details
- 20 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 21 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 22 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 23 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 24 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 25 8 TUFF MILES