We are planning a one week vacation with our families in July. There are 7 adults and 4 kids (8,11,11, and 13) and we're all coming from different locations. We're looking for an island with friendly people, interesting hikes/ walks, and a nice hotel or all-inclusive, but not "super-sized" and not luxury. We'd like to be on the beach, and enjoy water activities, and beautiful hikes. We've considered Turks/Caicos, St. Lucia, Belize (we know it's NOT an island!) , Grenada and Dominica. With 11 people, we need to be careful with our spending. There must be lots of ideas out there, so please send us some things to think about. Thanks
Summer trip with kids and grandkids
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Just back from The Somerset
- 2 Cuba Opening Up
- 3 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 4 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 5 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 6 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 7 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 8 Sandals Resorts
- 9 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 10 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 11 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 12 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 13 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 14 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 15 Cuba in 10 days
- 16 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 17 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 18 Best Snorkeling near/in Punta Cana?
- 19 ISO recs for high-end and high-chair-friendly meals in St. Martin
- 20 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 21 Santo Domingo Day Trip from Punta Cana
- 22 Villa rental on St. John
- 23 Not impressed with Aruba, too touristy. Period. Are we out of luck?
- 24 Just back from St. Maarten
- 25 Villa Rental on St. John