After a long absence from the fodor-land (and a couple of weeks after the arrival of our new addition to the family I am inquiring again and seeking more info about a trip to Cayman Islands. I had asked in the past more general questions to get an idea, but this time I think we are committed to going to CI. First, we will be 4 adults (mother/mother-in-law!, my wife and I, and our 3 kids ages 6, 3, and 5 months old by the time of travel). We chose (were actually recommended) CI because I was looking for a TCI kind of waters/beaches, but in a more 'cosmopolitan' setting. Secondly, we will be traveling the last week of June and we hope for similar to Provo weather/crystal clear waters/and clean beaches. We are...cool with temps in the 90s F. I am not sure what to 'budget' for this trip in terms of lodging, however the general idea is that we are looking to spend about $500 per night (is that too low of a price?) for all 7 of us....(impossible?). Now, we will probably be renting a minivan (if there are available on the island) thus we are open to a 'remote' villa, but we would prefer a place relatively close to the main town or bigger city or what ever part of the island can be close to the best beaches yet not far from a city with shops/downtown/etc. Safety is also very important (although I have not heard anything seriously negative about CI...) so, if a resort is a better option, please do advise. Because I am in the 'beginning' part of planning this trip, and although I do recognize that it is not too far from the actual date, I apologize in advance if I have not set my inquiry to be a clear and concise set of questions. So, if I am missing things I should be asking, please take a moment and volunteer any additional suggestions.
Suggestions for trip to Cayman Isl.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 2 Advice needed
- 3 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 4 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 5 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 6 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 7 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 8 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 9 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 10 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 11 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 12 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 13 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 14 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 15 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 16 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 17 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 18 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 19 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 20 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 21 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 22 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 23 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 24 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 25 Which island?