After a long absence from the fodor-land (and a couple of weeks after the arrival of our new addition to the family I am inquiring again and seeking more info about a trip to Cayman Islands. I had asked in the past more general questions to get an idea, but this time I think we are committed to going to CI. First, we will be 4 adults (mother/mother-in-law!, my wife and I, and our 3 kids ages 6, 3, and 5 months old by the time of travel). We chose (were actually recommended) CI because I was looking for a TCI kind of waters/beaches, but in a more 'cosmopolitan' setting. Secondly, we will be traveling the last week of June and we hope for similar to Provo weather/crystal clear waters/and clean beaches. We are...cool with temps in the 90s F. I am not sure what to 'budget' for this trip in terms of lodging, however the general idea is that we are looking to spend about $500 per night (is that too low of a price?) for all 7 of us....(impossible?). Now, we will probably be renting a minivan (if there are available on the island) thus we are open to a 'remote' villa, but we would prefer a place relatively close to the main town or bigger city or what ever part of the island can be close to the best beaches yet not far from a city with shops/downtown/etc. Safety is also very important (although I have not heard anything seriously negative about CI...) so, if a resort is a better option, please do advise. Because I am in the 'beginning' part of planning this trip, and although I do recognize that it is not too far from the actual date, I apologize in advance if I have not set my inquiry to be a clear and concise set of questions. So, if I am missing things I should be asking, please take a moment and volunteer any additional suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Maarten with older teens
- 2 Samana - Dominican Republic Help
- 3 Trip Report Vieques and San Juan, Jan. 30 - Feb. 6 2016
- 4 Tortola Where to stay on a Budget?!
- 5 Restaurant selection in Grand Case
- 6 San Juan Restaurant Rec for 48
- 7 4 days in PR !! Need some help
- 8 Looking for destination suggestions
- 9 Favorite Anguilla Restaurants
- 10 Virgin Islands, Bahamas, or Puerto Rico
- 11 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 12 Which of these hotels in Turks?
- 13 Help! Adventure vacation ideas
- 14 Suggestions for 75th Birthday for father
- 15 Special Trip for Mom - 83
- 16 Manchebo Aruba Trip Report - August 2015
- 17 Any suggestions??
- 18 Gustavia stay
- 19 Dominican Republic vs Mexico
- 20 My week in Guadeloupe
- 21 Ridiculous Airfare to Virgin Gorda
- 22 Which Island?
- 23 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 24 Limin' in Love City (Dec 6-11 St. John trip report w/photos)
- 25 Freeport, Bahamas