After a long absence from the fodor-land (and a couple of weeks after the arrival of our new addition to the family I am inquiring again and seeking more info about a trip to Cayman Islands. I had asked in the past more general questions to get an idea, but this time I think we are committed to going to CI. First, we will be 4 adults (mother/mother-in-law!, my wife and I, and our 3 kids ages 6, 3, and 5 months old by the time of travel). We chose (were actually recommended) CI because I was looking for a TCI kind of waters/beaches, but in a more 'cosmopolitan' setting. Secondly, we will be traveling the last week of June and we hope for similar to Provo weather/crystal clear waters/and clean beaches. We are...cool with temps in the 90s F. I am not sure what to 'budget' for this trip in terms of lodging, however the general idea is that we are looking to spend about $500 per night (is that too low of a price?) for all 7 of us....(impossible?). Now, we will probably be renting a minivan (if there are available on the island) thus we are open to a 'remote' villa, but we would prefer a place relatively close to the main town or bigger city or what ever part of the island can be close to the best beaches yet not far from a city with shops/downtown/etc. Safety is also very important (although I have not heard anything seriously negative about CI...) so, if a resort is a better option, please do advise. Because I am in the 'beginning' part of planning this trip, and although I do recognize that it is not too far from the actual date, I apologize in advance if I have not set my inquiry to be a clear and concise set of questions. So, if I am missing things I should be asking, please take a moment and volunteer any additional suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://www.beaudermaskincare.com/admiria-refresh/
- 2 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 3 Upcoming Cuba trip- 12 days
- 4 Two Highly Recommended Tour Companies for Travel to Cuba
- 5 Best weather/where to travel early November?!
- 6 Changes to travel US-Cuba
- 7 No Mold - Family Friendly Place to Stay?
- 8 Girls' trip, after Anguilla
- 9 Grace Bay-where to stay
- 10 what island to go to Feb 2018)
- 11 Hiking in St. John
- 12 Reefs vs Fairmont Southampton?
- 13 Where to go - March/April 2018?
- 14 Honeymoon in October/November! Help!
- 15 Antigua or St. John Honeymoon Dec.
- 16 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 17 Where in DR?
- 18 Honeymoon
- 19 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
- 20 Curacao times 2
- 21 Help us choose a caribbean location!
- 22 Barbados
- 23 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 24 Young Couple Looking for a beach/villa/nightlife
- 25 Help with August trip ideas