After a long absence from the fodor-land (and a couple of weeks after the arrival of our new addition to the family I am inquiring again and seeking more info about a trip to Cayman Islands. I had asked in the past more general questions to get an idea, but this time I think we are committed to going to CI. First, we will be 4 adults (mother/mother-in-law!, my wife and I, and our 3 kids ages 6, 3, and 5 months old by the time of travel). We chose (were actually recommended) CI because I was looking for a TCI kind of waters/beaches, but in a more 'cosmopolitan' setting. Secondly, we will be traveling the last week of June and we hope for similar to Provo weather/crystal clear waters/and clean beaches. We are...cool with temps in the 90s F. I am not sure what to 'budget' for this trip in terms of lodging, however the general idea is that we are looking to spend about $500 per night (is that too low of a price?) for all 7 of us....(impossible?). Now, we will probably be renting a minivan (if there are available on the island) thus we are open to a 'remote' villa, but we would prefer a place relatively close to the main town or bigger city or what ever part of the island can be close to the best beaches yet not far from a city with shops/downtown/etc. Safety is also very important (although I have not heard anything seriously negative about CI...) so, if a resort is a better option, please do advise. Because I am in the 'beginning' part of planning this trip, and although I do recognize that it is not too far from the actual date, I apologize in advance if I have not set my inquiry to be a clear and concise set of questions. So, if I am missing things I should be asking, please take a moment and volunteer any additional suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Christmas 2017
- 2 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 3 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 4 Honeymoon Help!!
- 5 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 6 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 7 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 8 All inclusive
- 9 BVI trip questions
- 10 DR vs. Mexico
- 11 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 12 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 13 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 14 Family of 5 undecided island
- 15 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 16 family resort ideas?
- 17 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 18 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 19 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 20 First time to Puerto Rico
- 21 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 22 Social Resort for Solo Female
- 23 St Vincent and The Grenadines 11 days trip over Christmas and NYE 2017/2018
- 24 Cuba with preschooler in April
- 25 Caribbean Vacation in May