My husband and I are planning an anniversary trip to Puerto Rico, staying 6 nights. We would like advice on where to base our stay. We like sightseeing - will want to see Old San Juan and other areas with "history" (San German) as well as hiking in the El Yunque rain forest. We like good food and music but not necessarily "night life." And, although we want some beach time, we don't do water sports (no snorkeling, surfing, or swimming) - we'd like a beach mainly for the views and relaxing. I expect we'll need to rent a car. So, where is the "best" place to stay - perhaps outside of San Juan? I'd appreciate any suggestions!
Suggestions for basing 35th anniversary trip to Puerto Rico
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Rincon Puerto Rico
- 2 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 3 Advice needed
- 4 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 5 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 6 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 7 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 8 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 9 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 10 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 11 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 12 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 13 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 14 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 15 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 16 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 17 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 18 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 19 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 20 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 21 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 22 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 23 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 24 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 25 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica