My husband and I are planning an anniversary trip to Puerto Rico, staying 6 nights. We would like advice on where to base our stay. We like sightseeing - will want to see Old San Juan and other areas with "history" (San German) as well as hiking in the El Yunque rain forest. We like good food and music but not necessarily "night life." And, although we want some beach time, we don't do water sports (no snorkeling, surfing, or swimming) - we'd like a beach mainly for the views and relaxing. I expect we'll need to rent a car. So, where is the "best" place to stay - perhaps outside of San Juan? I'd appreciate any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Early 20's Couple
- 2 St. Barths Restaurant Recommendations
- 3 Boat Charter in BVI
- 4 Weather in June?
- 5 Weather in June in Puerto Rico?
- 6 Late August Honeymoon Destination Help!
- 7 How can I top LI and Eluthera?
- 8 Anniversary Trip Options
- 9 Couple in early 20's
- 10 Island with golf
- 11 2 Days in Dominica
- 12 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 13 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 14 Puerto Rico Trip Report - May, 2015
- 15 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 16 During times of need, let us donate for Nepal earthquake victims
- 17 St Thomas vs Puerto Rico
- 18 Location for 40th birthday celebration with friends
- 19 St. Martin/St. Maarten
- 20 travelling to St kitt and nervis
- 21 45th Birthday Celebration-Help!
- 22 Choosing an island
- 23 Reduit Beach is being ruined
- 24 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 25 Cabarete & Las Canas, DR: Where can I get info?
Suggestions for basing 35th anniversary trip to Puerto Rico