My husband and I are planning an anniversary trip to Puerto Rico, staying 6 nights. We would like advice on where to base our stay. We like sightseeing - will want to see Old San Juan and other areas with "history" (San German) as well as hiking in the El Yunque rain forest. We like good food and music but not necessarily "night life." And, although we want some beach time, we don't do water sports (no snorkeling, surfing, or swimming) - we'd like a beach mainly for the views and relaxing. I expect we'll need to rent a car. So, where is the "best" place to stay - perhaps outside of San Juan? I'd appreciate any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Advice
- 2 Traveling with 15, 13, & 10 year old kids to Jamaica...need advice
- 3 Where to go?
- 4 When to go to El Yunque
- 5 My New Life !
- 6 SAFE and ACTIVE
- 7 Travel buddy
- 8 Accomodation and transport in Eleuthera, Bahamas
- 9 Junkanoo Champagne vs Goomba Champagne - what's the difference?
- 10 Jamaica with two 23 yr old young men
- 11 Cuba
- 12 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 13 Jamaica
- 14 Where to spend a week at the beach(in april)
- 15 Fern Gully or nearby....walking in nature
- 16 Help me to pick an island
- 17 Caribbean Real Estate Jobs
- 18 Virgin Islands Itinerary: Safety and other concerns
- 19 DAY 15 - FINAL DAY IN PUNTA CANA, LONDON, BACK HOME RIGA
- 20 Help with Grace Bay Hotel
- 21 How to get to Taylor Bay Beach?
- 22 Conference in Cuba in February
- 23 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 24 Planning a Spring Break Trip in the USVI
- 25 All-Inclusive, adult only resorts
Suggestions for basing 35th anniversary trip to Puerto Rico