My husband and I are planning an anniversary trip to Puerto Rico, staying 6 nights. We would like advice on where to base our stay. We like sightseeing - will want to see Old San Juan and other areas with "history" (San German) as well as hiking in the El Yunque rain forest. We like good food and music but not necessarily "night life." And, although we want some beach time, we don't do water sports (no snorkeling, surfing, or swimming) - we'd like a beach mainly for the views and relaxing. I expect we'll need to rent a car. So, where is the "best" place to stay - perhaps outside of San Juan? I'd appreciate any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 2 Regular visists to St. Thomas
- 3 St. Thomas EMS is dangerous
- 4 Turks/ Caicos/ Not Beaches,but where?
- 5 Anguilla Trip Report (6/26-7/3) AND a New Identity
- 6 cell phone & wifi in Cuba
- 7 Condado Lagoon Villas at Caribe Hilton
- 8 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 9 Turks, West Bay Club_trip 7/27
- 10 30th anniversary trip
- 11 Best Island for steel drum music and relaxing?
- 12 Thoughts on Green Turtle Cay?
- 13 Bermuda in February or March
- 14 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 15 Las Terrenas Riots in Dominican Rep.
- 16 Gluten free restaurants in Bermuda
- 17 Which is more suitable for a family holiday
- 18 Safest Islands for Us?
- 19 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 20 Does my dream vacation exist in the carribean
- 21 My 35th Birthday In October With Just Me And My Homegurl
- 22 Narrowing it down
- 23 Help - 1 BR Suite, Lots of Kids Stuff, Good Food
- 24 Beaches, Turks Caicos/ Which village should we book?
- 25 Dominicana Punta Cana Diary
Suggestions for basing 35th anniversary trip to Puerto Rico