My husband and I are planning an anniversary trip to Puerto Rico, staying 6 nights. We would like advice on where to base our stay. We like sightseeing - will want to see Old San Juan and other areas with "history" (San German) as well as hiking in the El Yunque rain forest. We like good food and music but not necessarily "night life." And, although we want some beach time, we don't do water sports (no snorkeling, surfing, or swimming) - we'd like a beach mainly for the views and relaxing. I expect we'll need to rent a car. So, where is the "best" place to stay - perhaps outside of San Juan? I'd appreciate any suggestions!
Suggestions for basing 35th anniversary trip to Puerto Rico
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 2 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 3 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 4 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 5 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 6 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 7 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 8 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 9 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 10 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 11 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 12 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 13 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 14 Which island?
- 15 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 16 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 17 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 18 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 19 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 20 Trying to Figure Out Whether to Stay at Airport or in Old San Juan
- 21 Turks and Caicos problems
- 22 Bahama Out Island/Turks /Cozumel
- 23 customs
- 24 Best Carribean Island Vacation for Non-Couples
- 25 Converting USD to EC currency