My husband and I are planning an anniversary trip to Puerto Rico, staying 6 nights. We would like advice on where to base our stay. We like sightseeing - will want to see Old San Juan and other areas with "history" (San German) as well as hiking in the El Yunque rain forest. We like good food and music but not necessarily "night life." And, although we want some beach time, we don't do water sports (no snorkeling, surfing, or swimming) - we'd like a beach mainly for the views and relaxing. I expect we'll need to rent a car. So, where is the "best" place to stay - perhaps outside of San Juan? I'd appreciate any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Turks & Caicos ofr New Years
- 2 Resort Recommendations
- 3 All-inclusive experts, I need your help, please!
- 4 Family friendly but low key resort?
- 5 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 6 St. John--how much should we try to see?
- 7 Activities/Tours in Aruba
- 8 Tour Operator?
- 9 Travel Advice Needed
- 10 Puerto Plata
- 11 Puerto Plata- Hacienda Lifestyle resorts and villas
- 12 puerto plata town vs. sosua? need help.......
- 13 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 14 Quick Question: Why is Puerto Plata, DR so much cheaper than Punta Cana, DR
- 15 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 16 Where to go with a 5-1/2 hr layover in Nassau?
- 17 Transportation to Exuma
- 18 Nassau temp late Jan
- 19 St. Martin vs St. Maarten and what area or Antigua or Barbuda and what area
- 20 Sandals, Montego Bay
- 21 Jamaica - Couples Negril or Sandals Royal Caribbean (Montego)
- 22 Any All-Inclusive Resort Recommendations?
- 23 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 24 West Coast US and Carribean
- 25 Hotel Suggestion in Puerto Plata
Suggestions for basing 35th anniversary trip to Puerto Rico