My husband and I are planning an anniversary trip to Puerto Rico, staying 6 nights. We would like advice on where to base our stay. We like sightseeing - will want to see Old San Juan and other areas with "history" (San German) as well as hiking in the El Yunque rain forest. We like good food and music but not necessarily "night life." And, although we want some beach time, we don't do water sports (no snorkeling, surfing, or swimming) - we'd like a beach mainly for the views and relaxing. I expect we'll need to rent a car. So, where is the "best" place to stay - perhaps outside of San Juan? I'd appreciate any suggestions!
Suggestions for basing 35th anniversary trip to Puerto Rico
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba Opening Up
- 2 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 3 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 4 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 5 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 6 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 7 Sandals Resorts
- 8 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 9 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 10 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 11 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 12 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 13 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 14 Cuba in 10 days
- 15 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 16 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 17 Best Snorkeling near/in Punta Cana?
- 18 ISO recs for high-end and high-chair-friendly meals in St. Martin
- 19 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 20 Santo Domingo Day Trip from Punta Cana
- 21 Villa rental on St. John
- 22 Not impressed with Aruba, too touristy. Period. Are we out of luck?
- 23 Just back from St. Maarten
- 24 Villa Rental on St. John
- 25 Sandals Whitehouse