My husband and I are planning an anniversary trip to Puerto Rico, staying 6 nights. We would like advice on where to base our stay. We like sightseeing - will want to see Old San Juan and other areas with "history" (San German) as well as hiking in the El Yunque rain forest. We like good food and music but not necessarily "night life." And, although we want some beach time, we don't do water sports (no snorkeling, surfing, or swimming) - we'd like a beach mainly for the views and relaxing. I expect we'll need to rent a car. So, where is the "best" place to stay - perhaps outside of San Juan? I'd appreciate any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 We won a vacation we don't want!
- 2 Military honeymoon
- 3 Honeymoon August 2016
- 4 Solo female traveller over xmas time
- 5 Barbados / Turks&Caicos / Grand Cayman /
- 6 Santiago de Cuba suggestions
- 7 which caribbean island/town for beachfront close to town
- 8 St. Thomas airport to ferry to Tortola
- 9 car rental in tortola
- 10 To Blanchisseuse Bay. A Beautiful Afternoon Drive
- 11 Jobs prospects in Caribbean
- 12 Trinidad or Tobago?
- 13 Canadian money exchange ??
- 14 Help choosing an island
- 15 Safe, family friendly Island
- 16 Help Choosing Island for Honeymoon
- 17 Is car really necessary on St John, staying at Westin.
- 18 Turks/Provo Dept Store
- 19 Family trip to Jamaica
- 20 Vieques Island
- 21 Road Conditions - Hwy 52 south of San Juan
- 22 Best island for food and beaches
- 23 Cuba tour companies
- 24 San Juan, Puerto Rico Hotel
- 25 Resort rent out for wedding
Suggestions for basing 35th anniversary trip to Puerto Rico