My husband and I are planning an anniversary trip to Puerto Rico, staying 6 nights. We would like advice on where to base our stay. We like sightseeing - will want to see Old San Juan and other areas with "history" (San German) as well as hiking in the El Yunque rain forest. We like good food and music but not necessarily "night life." And, although we want some beach time, we don't do water sports (no snorkeling, surfing, or swimming) - we'd like a beach mainly for the views and relaxing. I expect we'll need to rent a car. So, where is the "best" place to stay - perhaps outside of San Juan? I'd appreciate any suggestions!
Suggestions for basing 35th anniversary trip to Puerto Rico
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 2 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 3 Which island?
- 4 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 5 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 6 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 7 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 8 St. Croix and sea grass
- 9 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 10 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 11 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 12 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 13 Bahamas Resort
- 14 Which country?
- 15 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 16 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 17 Antigua or St Martin
- 18 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 19 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 20 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 21 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 22 montego bay
- 23 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 24 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 25 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres