My husband and I are planning an anniversary trip to Puerto Rico, staying 6 nights. We would like advice on where to base our stay. We like sightseeing - will want to see Old San Juan and other areas with "history" (San German) as well as hiking in the El Yunque rain forest. We like good food and music but not necessarily "night life." And, although we want some beach time, we don't do water sports (no snorkeling, surfing, or swimming) - we'd like a beach mainly for the views and relaxing. I expect we'll need to rent a car. So, where is the "best" place to stay - perhaps outside of San Juan? I'd appreciate any suggestions!
Suggestions for basing 35th anniversary trip to Puerto Rico
- 1 Calling all Puerto Rico experts....last minute planning of the WHOLE trip!
- 2 Bahamas 4 day Trip: July 2014
- 3 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 4 Bahamas snorkeling
- 5 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 6 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 7 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 8 Luxury family resort with villas and good beach
- 9 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 10 Wedding Help!
- 11 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 12 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 13 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 14 Islands with great nightlife
- 15 month stay on a caribbean island
- 16 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 17 Where to stay on Vieques
- 18 Ferry to Rum Point
- 19 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 20 Family with infants/toddlers
- 21 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 22 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 23 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 24 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 25 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary