My husband and I are planning an anniversary trip to Puerto Rico, staying 6 nights. We would like advice on where to base our stay. We like sightseeing - will want to see Old San Juan and other areas with "history" (San German) as well as hiking in the El Yunque rain forest. We like good food and music but not necessarily "night life." And, although we want some beach time, we don't do water sports (no snorkeling, surfing, or swimming) - we'd like a beach mainly for the views and relaxing. I expect we'll need to rent a car. So, where is the "best" place to stay - perhaps outside of San Juan? I'd appreciate any suggestions!
Suggestions for basing 35th anniversary trip to Puerto Rico
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 2 Clearest water and All Inclusive
- 3 Cuba by car
- 4 multiple family beach vacation
- 5 Anguilla Beaches
- 6 DR All Inclusive for Woman's getway
- 7 Need a new vacation spot!
- 8 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 9 2015 Family vacation: Best Bang on a budget
- 10 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 11 Mid October Honeymoon
- 12 Summer family vacation
- 13 Recommendations for Caribbean Getaway from New York
- 14 Caribbean with grown kids
- 15 Wedding/Honeymoon All In One...Looking for Helpful Advice
- 16 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 17 Honeymoon destination?
- 18 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 19 Punta Cana - Adults Only favorite
- 20 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 21 St. Patrick's Day in Aruba
- 22 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 23 First tropical vacation, any tips?
- 24 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 25 Cuba help!