My husband and I are planning an anniversary trip to Puerto Rico, staying 6 nights. We would like advice on where to base our stay. We like sightseeing - will want to see Old San Juan and other areas with "history" (San German) as well as hiking in the El Yunque rain forest. We like good food and music but not necessarily "night life." And, although we want some beach time, we don't do water sports (no snorkeling, surfing, or swimming) - we'd like a beach mainly for the views and relaxing. I expect we'll need to rent a car. So, where is the "best" place to stay - perhaps outside of San Juan? I'd appreciate any suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to go with a 5-1/2 hr layover in Nassau?
- 2 Resort Recommendations
- 3 Transportation to Exuma
- 4 Family friendly but low key resort?
- 5 Nassau temp late Jan
- 6 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 7 St. Martin vs St. Maarten and what area or Antigua or Barbuda and what area
- 8 All-inclusive experts, I need your help, please!
- 9 Sandals, Montego Bay
- 10 Jamaica - Couples Negril or Sandals Royal Caribbean (Montego)
- 11 Any All-Inclusive Resort Recommendations?
- 12 Hotel on beach, montego bay w/some good reggae
- 13 West Coast US and Carribean
- 14 Hotel Suggestion in Puerto Plata
- 15 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 16 Can acouple travel to Havana for 3 or 4 days legally as tourists??
- 17 20 Somethings on a Budget
- 18 St. John USVI
- 19 Caribbean Honeymoon in Dec - Where to Go?
- 20 Tour advice
- 21 Help with where to staty- last minute Sept trip Eluethera
- 22 Puerto Rico Trip Report - May, 2015
- 23 Cuba itinerary
- 24 Chicago to Caribbean with toddler
- 25 Puerto Plata-hotel recommendations and things to do
Suggestions for basing 35th anniversary trip to Puerto Rico