I would like some suggestions on some higher end AIs during Christmas (December 24-29, 2014). I would prefer a suite, with or without concierge, for my family of four which includes my husband and 2 (under 21) college-aged sons. I know that this is the most expensive time of the year to travel and most AIs require a minimum night stay which I may not meet. I am not looking for a kid-friendly resort, however, I would like a resort that welcomes young adults who like to scuba, surf, tennis, skeet shoot, etc. We do not golf at all. Nightlife and alcohol are not priorities, however, top quality food is. Nevertheless, the men in my family can forego fine food if there is all-you-can-eat lobster and/or shrimp. I also would like the resort to close to the airport but not a necessity. I live near a regional airport in FL so I am looking at destinations which only require 2 flights. I have researched Casa de Campo in DR, however, there is a 6-night minimum during the holiday season and neither my husband or I can take that time off from work. I am open to any AIs in the Caribbean which meets these requirements. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Suggestions for AIs in the Caribbean
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Money in Jamaica
- 2 Florida or caribbean
- 3 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 4 Puerto Rico - need recommendations please!
- 5 Barbado Car rental
- 6 T&C, Nevis or St. John
- 7 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 8 Barbados hotel rate clarification
- 9 Jamaica - Where to stay for a 5 night trip
- 10 Death in Paradise
- 11 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 12 50+ where to dance?
- 13 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 14 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 15 dominican republic
- 16 Summer family vacation
- 17 Grocery & Liquor Stores in Aruba
- 18 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 19 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 20 St Martin
- 21 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 22 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 23 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 24 Resort villa suggestions
- 25 Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!