I would like some suggestions on some higher end AIs during Christmas (December 24-29, 2014). I would prefer a suite, with or without concierge, for my family of four which includes my husband and 2 (under 21) college-aged sons. I know that this is the most expensive time of the year to travel and most AIs require a minimum night stay which I may not meet. I am not looking for a kid-friendly resort, however, I would like a resort that welcomes young adults who like to scuba, surf, tennis, skeet shoot, etc. We do not golf at all. Nightlife and alcohol are not priorities, however, top quality food is. Nevertheless, the men in my family can forego fine food if there is all-you-can-eat lobster and/or shrimp. I also would like the resort to close to the airport but not a necessity. I live near a regional airport in FL so I am looking at destinations which only require 2 flights. I have researched Casa de Campo in DR, however, there is a 6-night minimum during the holiday season and neither my husband or I can take that time off from work. I am open to any AIs in the Caribbean which meets these requirements. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Suggestions for AIs in the Caribbean
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Too many choices.....
- 2 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 3 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 4 Best Island for Me?
- 5 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 6 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 7 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 8 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 9 Cuba with Gate 1
- 10 Anguilla stay?
- 11 Why Barbados?
- 12 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 13 Back from San Juan
- 14 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 15 San Juan Airport
- 16 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 17 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 18 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 19 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 20 Storm ?
- 21 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 22 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 23 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 24 Kristen- where are you?????
- 25 Colony Club Barbados OR Sandals Great Exuma Bahamas????