I would like some suggestions on some higher end AIs during Christmas (December 24-29, 2014). I would prefer a suite, with or without concierge, for my family of four which includes my husband and 2 (under 21) college-aged sons. I know that this is the most expensive time of the year to travel and most AIs require a minimum night stay which I may not meet. I am not looking for a kid-friendly resort, however, I would like a resort that welcomes young adults who like to scuba, surf, tennis, skeet shoot, etc. We do not golf at all. Nightlife and alcohol are not priorities, however, top quality food is. Nevertheless, the men in my family can forego fine food if there is all-you-can-eat lobster and/or shrimp. I also would like the resort to close to the airport but not a necessity. I live near a regional airport in FL so I am looking at destinations which only require 2 flights. I have researched Casa de Campo in DR, however, there is a 6-night minimum during the holiday season and neither my husband or I can take that time off from work. I am open to any AIs in the Caribbean which meets these requirements. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Suggestions for AIs in the Caribbean
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cuba Opening Up
- 2 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 3 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 4 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 5 Jamaica
- 6 Jamaica all inclusive
- 7 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 8 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 9 Why Barbados?
- 10 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 11 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 12 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 13 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 14 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 15 Just back from The Somerset
- 16 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 17 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 18 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 19 Sandals Resorts
- 20 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 21 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 22 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 23 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 24 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 25 Cuba in 10 days