I would like some suggestions on some higher end AIs during Christmas (December 24-29, 2014). I would prefer a suite, with or without concierge, for my family of four which includes my husband and 2 (under 21) college-aged sons. I know that this is the most expensive time of the year to travel and most AIs require a minimum night stay which I may not meet. I am not looking for a kid-friendly resort, however, I would like a resort that welcomes young adults who like to scuba, surf, tennis, skeet shoot, etc. We do not golf at all. Nightlife and alcohol are not priorities, however, top quality food is. Nevertheless, the men in my family can forego fine food if there is all-you-can-eat lobster and/or shrimp. I also would like the resort to close to the airport but not a necessity. I live near a regional airport in FL so I am looking at destinations which only require 2 flights. I have researched Casa de Campo in DR, however, there is a 6-night minimum during the holiday season and neither my husband or I can take that time off from work. I am open to any AIs in the Caribbean which meets these requirements. I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Suggestions for AIs in the Caribbean
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Jamaica vs The DR
- 2 celebrating 40
- 3 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 4 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 5 Where to go in February/March
- 6 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 7 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 8 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 9 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 10 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 11 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 12 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 13 Which island?
- 14 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 15 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 16 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 17 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 18 St. Croix and sea grass
- 19 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 20 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 21 Bahamas Resort
- 22 Which country?
- 23 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 24 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 25 Antigua or St Martin