We're going on our first Caribbean vacation since the arrival of our son, now almost 4 years old, and would love suggestions. In our previous travel we've enjoyed St. John for the relaxed atmosphere, snorkeling and variety of beaches; Virgin Gorda (Biras Creek) for its beauty, food and snorkeling, Bermuda (Cambridge Beaches) for its civility and luxury. Not as keen on St Croix or St Lucia so far. (Don't need night life, and definitely not casinos...) Like a bit of sights, but don't need much more than a botanical garden or historical sight for a week's vacation. Shopping optional.
So, we'd like an upscale hotel/resort/villa community, with some meals included, not-too-crowded beaches, snorkeling, a reputable kids' program (though it doesn't need lots of bells & whistles)..... so far I've looked at Turks & Caicos (Somerset, Grace Bay....), St John (Caneel Bay), Virgin Gorda (Little Dix Bay, although they seem grudging about kids)..... and wonder about the Dominican Republic, Antigua and Jamaica. And am open to anything that doesn't require more than 2 flights.
Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 2 First trip to St. Martin
- 3 Bermuda Babymoon Late March/Early April
- 4 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 5 Hotel ideas needed
- 6 BVI trip questions
- 7 St.Lucia newbie
- 8 Jerk Chicken
- 9 Easy from St Kitts, Mahoe Bay, etc.
- 10 Cuba Cell Phones and Casa Tips
- 11 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 12 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 13 aruba fun!!!
- 14 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 15 Peterson
- 16 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 17 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 18 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 19 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 20 Turks and caicos
- 21 Aruba weather
- 22 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 23 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 24 Turks and caicos
- 25 Cruise stop activities