We're going on our first Caribbean vacation since the arrival of our son, now almost 4 years old, and would love suggestions. In our previous travel we've enjoyed St. John for the relaxed atmosphere, snorkeling and variety of beaches; Virgin Gorda (Biras Creek) for its beauty, food and snorkeling, Bermuda (Cambridge Beaches) for its civility and luxury. Not as keen on St Croix or St Lucia so far. (Don't need night life, and definitely not casinos...) Like a bit of sights, but don't need much more than a botanical garden or historical sight for a week's vacation. Shopping optional.
So, we'd like an upscale hotel/resort/villa community, with some meals included, not-too-crowded beaches, snorkeling, a reputable kids' program (though it doesn't need lots of bells & whistles)..... so far I've looked at Turks & Caicos (Somerset, Grace Bay....), St John (Caneel Bay), Virgin Gorda (Little Dix Bay, although they seem grudging about kids)..... and wonder about the Dominican Republic, Antigua and Jamaica. And am open to anything that doesn't require more than 2 flights.
Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 How to get to Havanna
- 2 Havana hotel questions, and assorted others
- 3 Cuba Help
- 4 Cuba via cruise
- 5 BVI: Comparable Islands?
- 6 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 7 Is everything open on elbow cay in early nov?
- 8 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 9 Cuban Cigar & Scavenger Hunt - Travel Report
- 10 Booking hotels in Cuba
- 11 Restaurants & Activities In Grand Cayman
- 12 Barbados Beach and Hotel Question
- 13 Living in the Caribbean
- 14 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 15 Exumas, Abacos or Eleuthera?
- 16 Nassau Restaurants & Activities
- 17 Honeymoon ideas Quick!
- 18 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 19 Marriott St Kitts vs 4 Seasons Nevis
- 20 Where to stay 3 days Montego Bay.
- 21 5 day pre cruise stay in San Juan
- 22 Starting Hurricane Irma thread
- 23 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 24 Looking for fab day tour in Ocho Rios
- 25 How far is Montego Bay from Ocho Rios