We're going on our first Caribbean vacation since the arrival of our son, now almost 4 years old, and would love suggestions. In our previous travel we've enjoyed St. John for the relaxed atmosphere, snorkeling and variety of beaches; Virgin Gorda (Biras Creek) for its beauty, food and snorkeling, Bermuda (Cambridge Beaches) for its civility and luxury. Not as keen on St Croix or St Lucia so far. (Don't need night life, and definitely not casinos...) Like a bit of sights, but don't need much more than a botanical garden or historical sight for a week's vacation. Shopping optional.
So, we'd like an upscale hotel/resort/villa community, with some meals included, not-too-crowded beaches, snorkeling, a reputable kids' program (though it doesn't need lots of bells & whistles)..... so far I've looked at Turks & Caicos (Somerset, Grace Bay....), St John (Caneel Bay), Virgin Gorda (Little Dix Bay, although they seem grudging about kids)..... and wonder about the Dominican Republic, Antigua and Jamaica. And am open to anything that doesn't require more than 2 flights.
Any ideas, thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Tortola next week
- 2 Summer trip
- 3 HELP!!! Westin Dawn Beach, St. Maarten
- 4 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 5 DR vs. Mexico
- 6 Surf Fly Fishing
- 7 Avoid Sandals Resort in St Lucia
- 8 Family of 5 undecided island
- 9 Christmas 2017
- 10 Staniel Cay, Exumas Trip Report & Photos (Feb 2017)
- 11 Honeymoon Help!!
- 12 Honeymoon Destinations?
- 13 What to do in Barbados with teens?
- 14 All inclusive
- 15 BVI trip questions
- 16 Is a Rental Car Necessary in Nassau?
- 17 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 18 Puerto Esperanza from Havana
- 19 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 20 family resort ideas?
- 21 Requirements for Americans visiting Cuba
- 22 The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Reall-Punta Cana DR
- 23 Any reason to go stay at a condo in the North Shore or Cayman Kai area?
- 24 First time to Puerto Rico
- 25 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure