This is my first post.
I'm a 38 year old Canadian woman who would like to move my family somewhere in the Caribbean. I have a 14 year old, a 9 year old with Autism, and a 6 year old, actually they all have ASD just my boy is more affected. My husband is 41 years old and had a stroke and has a heart condition that prevents him from working, he is getting his Canadian Pension now. We are in the process of selling our house, selling our business and after that happens I will have a better understanding of what I will be able to afford.
I am also a type 1 diabetic so healthcare is very important for our family. As Canadians and living on a small Island of less than 200,000, we are used to paying high prices, we cut off our satellite bill because it was almost $200/mth, our heat bill is about $500 in summer $800 or more in winter, our groceries are about $800/mth or more and really we buy more than we need. So I'm used to paying for a living.
The main reasons we want to move are, we are both depressed. Our lives are very stressful and the Canadian winters are so hard on us and now with my husband's condition he cannot do shoveling or snow removal so it's all on me. I would be willing to give this up, do homeschooling if I need to, we might be able to run some sort of business life a bed and breakfast or something of that nature.
Any idea of where we can go, places I can research, please let me know.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 First time visitors
- 2 Help choosing next vacation??
- 3 From Bermuda to Barbados
- 4 What is the food and water situation in Cuba?
- 5 What island for a solo female traveler to the Caribbean
- 6 Anguilla is like a DREAM!
- 7 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 8 Ideal wedding island
- 9 Help with small wedding location
- 10 Seeking a boutique/intimate Caribbean honeymoon in March 2018
- 11 Best Islands to visit late Dec/early Jan
- 12 Which island to visit in late September/early October?
- 13 Jamaica- Negril or Ocho Rios?
- 14 Caribbean with a 5 year old
- 15 St. Croix
- 16 How much cash to take to Cuba?
- 17 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 18 Trying to pick a vacation spot for Sept/ 1st timers
- 19 Best kids friendly resorts to stay in puerto rico
- 20 Island Hopping
- 21 Turks and Caicos or St. Thomas in October?
- 22 not sure where to go caymen island or panama city panama
- 23 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 24 Havana restaurants
- 25 Cuba - all inclusive suggestion
This is my first post.