This is my first post.
I'm a 38 year old Canadian woman who would like to move my family somewhere in the Caribbean. I have a 14 year old, a 9 year old with Autism, and a 6 year old, actually they all have ASD just my boy is more affected. My husband is 41 years old and had a stroke and has a heart condition that prevents him from working, he is getting his Canadian Pension now. We are in the process of selling our house, selling our business and after that happens I will have a better understanding of what I will be able to afford.
I am also a type 1 diabetic so healthcare is very important for our family. As Canadians and living on a small Island of less than 200,000, we are used to paying high prices, we cut off our satellite bill because it was almost $200/mth, our heat bill is about $500 in summer $800 or more in winter, our groceries are about $800/mth or more and really we buy more than we need. So I'm used to paying for a living.
The main reasons we want to move are, we are both depressed. Our lives are very stressful and the Canadian winters are so hard on us and now with my husband's condition he cannot do shoveling or snow removal so it's all on me. I would be willing to give this up, do homeschooling if I need to, we might be able to run some sort of business life a bed and breakfast or something of that nature.
Any idea of where we can go, places I can research, please let me know.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Turks and caicos
- 2 St.Lucia newbie
- 3 Aruba weather
- 4 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 5 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 6 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 7 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 8 Turks and caicos
- 9 Cruise stop activities
- 10 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 11 Jade Mountain
- 12 Honeymoon Help!!
- 13 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 14 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 15 Bermuda
- 16 Restaurant Suggestions
- 17 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 18 Havana Cuba for 2 days
- 19 Mid-Twenties couple looking for a lively, gorgeous resort
- 20 Restrictions on US Military travel to Cuba?
- 21 Taxi info. Self touring
- 22 In search of place to take adult daughters on a girls' week away
- 23 1st timer Ann Trip Suggestions for All Inclusive/Adult Only Resort
- 24 Half Moon Montego Bay questions
- 25 place to take kids for the day in falmouth jamica
This is my first post.