I'm trying to decide where to take our family for our Thanksgiving vacation. I'm trying to decided between St. Martin and Bahamas. My husband & I were scheduled to go to St. Martin 6 years ago, and I found out I was pregnant and my doc didn't want me to travel! So I thought it would be great to go with our son now, however, it's hard to tell if it's more geared to adults. It seems most titles of places are 'romantic', adults, nude beach (i'm not a prude, however, we are American, it's not something we are accustomed to see, let alone my 5 year old.), so I want him where he would be welcomed by hotel, restaurants, etc.
I'm looking at the French side, would like a resort or villa with conveniences, we typically do a 4 star type of accomodation. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially your take on the island for kids. I want to have enough things to take our son to go see/do to keep him fairly entertained, however, still have my relaxing beautiful beach time.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Bermuda Babymoon Late March/Early April
- 2 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 3 Hotel ideas needed
- 4 BVI trip questions
- 5 St.Lucia newbie
- 6 Jerk Chicken
- 7 Easy from St Kitts, Mahoe Bay, etc.
- 8 Cuba Cell Phones and Casa Tips
- 9 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 10 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 11 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 12 aruba fun!!!
- 13 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 14 Peterson
- 15 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 16 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 17 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 18 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 19 Turks and caicos
- 20 Aruba weather
- 21 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 22 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 23 Turks and caicos
- 24 Cruise stop activities
- 25 Choosing an island for summer vacation
St Martin with young child (5 yr old), is it a kid friendly island?