I'm trying to decide where to take our family for our Thanksgiving vacation. I'm trying to decided between St. Martin and Bahamas. My husband & I were scheduled to go to St. Martin 6 years ago, and I found out I was pregnant and my doc didn't want me to travel! So I thought it would be great to go with our son now, however, it's hard to tell if it's more geared to adults. It seems most titles of places are 'romantic', adults, nude beach (i'm not a prude, however, we are American, it's not something we are accustomed to see, let alone my 5 year old.), so I want him where he would be welcomed by hotel, restaurants, etc.
I'm looking at the French side, would like a resort or villa with conveniences, we typically do a 4 star type of accomodation. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially your take on the island for kids. I want to have enough things to take our son to go see/do to keep him fairly entertained, however, still have my relaxing beautiful beach time.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Cruise from NYC to Bermuda
- 2 Help on choosing where to visit
- 3 What to do in Jamaica besides beach?
- 4 which island?
- 5 40th birthday with friends
- 6 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 7 So is Bonaire great? Or not??
- 8 Renaissance Carambola St. Croix
- 9 Caribbean Island hopping - tips & ideas?
- 10 Help me choose an all-inclusive resort
- 11 Help me narrow down island for 20th anniversary trip
- 12 Cheapest excursions in Punta Cana?
- 13 Belize vs Bonaire for snorkeling?
- 14 Guadeloupe, Martinique or St Martin?
- 15 Cuba in November
- 16 Which Caribbean Island Should I Visit?
- 17 planning to sail the Caribbean
- 18 Bonaire Flight Issue/Travelocity
- 19 DIY Cuba - US Citizens - Havana + Viñales or Trinidad?
- 20 Question about Long Term Rentals
- 21 san salvador bahamas - trip report
- 22 2 weeks in Cuba - to include Santiago/Baracoa or not?!
- 23 Tennis in Aruba question
- 24 christmas in the caribbean
- 25 Anguilla Trip Report & Photos 6/26-7/3 2016
St Martin with young child (5 yr old), is it a kid friendly island?