I'm trying to decide where to take our family for our Thanksgiving vacation. I'm trying to decided between St. Martin and Bahamas. My husband & I were scheduled to go to St. Martin 6 years ago, and I found out I was pregnant and my doc didn't want me to travel! So I thought it would be great to go with our son now, however, it's hard to tell if it's more geared to adults. It seems most titles of places are 'romantic', adults, nude beach (i'm not a prude, however, we are American, it's not something we are accustomed to see, let alone my 5 year old.), so I want him where he would be welcomed by hotel, restaurants, etc.
I'm looking at the French side, would like a resort or villa with conveniences, we typically do a 4 star type of accomodation. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially your take on the island for kids. I want to have enough things to take our son to go see/do to keep him fairly entertained, however, still have my relaxing beautiful beach time.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 September Anniversary Trip to Turks & Caicos
- 2 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 3 Help with post tour stay Cuba
- 4 http://www.besthealthmarket.org/exo-slim-fit/
- 5 Turning 40 in the Caribbean
- 6 Timothy Beach or Oualie Beach? St.Kitts vs. Nevis
- 7 aruba planning advice
- 8 Destination Wedding- affordable
- 9 cell phone & wifi in Cuba
- 10 US Cash in Cuba
- 11 Dream 50th Anniversary
- 12 St. Croix or St. Thomas
- 13 Westin or Marriott in Grand Cayman?
- 14 Casa Particular in Trinidad
- 15 Looking for island choice help
- 16 Help picking a resort
- 17 any advice about the Cayman Islands?
- 18 Butler room in Sandals Grande Riviera Ocho Rios
- 19 HELP! First-time vacationer to Caribbean in need expertise
- 20 Life in Turks and caicos (Provo)
- 21 Need Help picking the right WARM Caribbean Vacation
- 22 St Barths and Anguilla Trip Report (April 2016)
- 23 St Thomas Restaurant help
- 24 Destination Wedding
- 25 Has anyone used WIMCO Villas? Also general advice for our vacation
St Martin with young child (5 yr old), is it a kid friendly island?