Monday morning we woke up and went to Phillipsburg to shop. We loved it. We eat lunch at Greenhouse. The service was great! The food was also great. The chicken tenders were great, (duh) and the Mahi mahi sandwiches were tasty. The shopping was just great. We got perfumes, and a new digital camera. It was a very fun day!!!
That night we had our best meal of the trip, Le testevin. The service was GREAT!!!!! The filet WAS THE BEST OF HE TRIP!!!!!!
The shrimp appetizer was so good, I demanded another one. The escargot in potatoes was also spectacular.
Tuesday, Finally a beach day!! We took the fairy to Pinel Island and stayed there for the day. We eat at the place there, and it was fine. Pinel is great. The sandbar was fun to swim in. The snorkeling was terrible in my opinion, but I didnt expect it to be anything!
We left at about 4.
We got ready for le cottage, which we made a reservation at the night before. On Monday night when we walked in, one of the owners looked at us like were were crazy to come without a reservation. (note, the place was nearly empty).
We were caught in traffic on the way, and when we got there 15 minutes late, that same guy looked at his watch and shook his head. I kindly asked if he would like us to go elsewhere. (note, the whole place was nearly empty, again).
He said, no no no .
So we eat.
The Shrimp appetizer: To sum it up, 9 dollars for one lousy piece of non-flavored shrimp. What a rip. The lobster ravioli was good though.
The red snapper was also good.
The lobster was ok, but they ran out of utensils!!!
Overall, a mediocre mean with bad service.
Wednesday we went to Orient.
We eat at Kakoa beach, which was nice. The pizza was good, and I got me a sweatshirt!!
Who was our waiter?? THE SAME ONE WE HAD AT LE COTTAGE!! (note, this was a nice guy, not the mean owner that looked at his watch).
Since he knew we hated the meal before, he got us free drinks, WHAT A NICE GUY!!
His names Frank!
We had a nice day at Orient. The 2 kids went parasailing. Fun fun day.
That night we ate at Ill nutuno. It was not very good. The veal was average. The lobster ravioli appetizer was ok, and the desert was mediocre. Another rip off for the price!
St. martin TR part 4
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 2 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 3 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 4 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 5 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 6 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 7 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 8 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 9 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 10 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 11 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 12 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 13 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 14 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 15 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 16 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 17 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 18 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 19 Which island?
- 20 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 21 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 22 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 23 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 24 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 25 Trying to Figure Out Whether to Stay at Airport or in Old San Juan