Monday morning we woke up and went to Phillipsburg to shop. We loved it. We eat lunch at Greenhouse. The service was great! The food was also great. The chicken tenders were great, (duh) and the Mahi mahi sandwiches were tasty. The shopping was just great. We got perfumes, and a new digital camera. It was a very fun day!!!
That night we had our best meal of the trip, Le testevin. The service was GREAT!!!!! The filet WAS THE BEST OF HE TRIP!!!!!!
The shrimp appetizer was so good, I demanded another one. The escargot in potatoes was also spectacular.
Tuesday, Finally a beach day!! We took the fairy to Pinel Island and stayed there for the day. We eat at the place there, and it was fine. Pinel is great. The sandbar was fun to swim in. The snorkeling was terrible in my opinion, but I didnt expect it to be anything!
We left at about 4.
We got ready for le cottage, which we made a reservation at the night before. On Monday night when we walked in, one of the owners looked at us like were were crazy to come without a reservation. (note, the place was nearly empty).
We were caught in traffic on the way, and when we got there 15 minutes late, that same guy looked at his watch and shook his head. I kindly asked if he would like us to go elsewhere. (note, the whole place was nearly empty, again).
He said, no no no .
So we eat.
The Shrimp appetizer: To sum it up, 9 dollars for one lousy piece of non-flavored shrimp. What a rip. The lobster ravioli was good though.
The red snapper was also good.
The lobster was ok, but they ran out of utensils!!!
Overall, a mediocre mean with bad service.
Wednesday we went to Orient.
We eat at Kakoa beach, which was nice. The pizza was good, and I got me a sweatshirt!!
Who was our waiter?? THE SAME ONE WE HAD AT LE COTTAGE!! (note, this was a nice guy, not the mean owner that looked at his watch).
Since he knew we hated the meal before, he got us free drinks, WHAT A NICE GUY!!
His names Frank!
We had a nice day at Orient. The 2 kids went parasailing. Fun fun day.
That night we ate at Ill nutuno. It was not very good. The veal was average. The lobster ravioli appetizer was ok, and the desert was mediocre. Another rip off for the price!
St. martin TR part 4
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Early January vs Mid February?
- 2 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 3 celebrating 40
- 4 Sudden trip! Puerto Rico or Dominican Republic?
- 5 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 6 Small resorts like Galley Bay in Caribbean
- 7 Jamaica vs The DR
- 8 Jamica: AI or Not?
- 9 Atlantis - what needs to be booked in advance?
- 10 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 11 Where to go in February/March
- 12 Anguilla Honeymoon in June
- 13 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 14 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 15 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 16 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 17 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 18 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 19 Which island?
- 20 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 21 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 22 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 23 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 24 St. Croix and sea grass
- 25 Multiple flights in Caribbean