This is my first time posting in the Caribbean forum. I used to be VERY active in the Euro forum. I have just booked a early summer trip to St. Maarten for my family. We need your advice! There are 6 of us and we have 4 teens in the group; 19, 18 and 2 17 year olds. We want to find a place where everyone is happy. So, what does this mean? It means easy beach access, a pool, enough space to spread out. Preferably 4 bedrooms, or if 3 bedrooms, one of the bedrooms must have twin beds. I would like to find a villa that is within walking distance or an easy cab ride of some nightlife, for the teens.
One of the teens speaks French well. We are all seasoned travelers as we were expats, half of us were in Asia and the other half were in Eastern Europe. We will be renting a car, but I doubt the teens will want to drive.
Finally, on another topic, is it easy/reasonable to go to Anguilla for a day or two?
So, Fodor experts, any suggestions on areas?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Clear Calm Water Caribbean Destinations
- 2 Mosquitos in Guadeloupe
- 3 Upcoming Cuba Trip
- 4 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 5 Tropical Island Trip HELP
- 6 Family Trip Recommendations: All inclusive, Fast Flight, 2 bedroom
- 7 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 8 40 min layover in CLT
- 9 Unwinding and Warming Up on Eleuthera
- 10 Atlantis 1 day
- 11 Atlantis on a budget
- 12 Restaurants in St. Croix
- 13 Great Exuma, Bahamas Trip report with Video
- 14 St. Barts
- 15 Buses in Aruba
- 16 Majestic Elegance PC-if you CAN'T get the adults-only butler section
- 17 Anyone have an experience at Excellence/Majestic Elegance in DR?
- 18 Stingray City Tour
- 19 Clear, alm, warm water and white sand :: April
- 20 Family Friendly Resort w/ Fam of 5 (+1?)
- 21 Bahama's outer island
- 22 Living permanently in the Caribbean
- 23 Family Caribbean vacation in the spring
- 24 Cuba | Havana,Varadero 2017
- 25 Using USA credit cards in Cuba