Hi all! My husband along with another couple (we are all in our early 30's) would like to plan a getaway leaving a few days after Christmas. We are looking for beach time, pool time, visits to the spa and gym, relaxation along with some snorkeling. We would like to stay at a resort rather than rent a home or condo. We would love a resort with some great restaurants for dinner, however we also would love to visit restaurants on the island that are easy to travel to from our resort. We prefer to stay at the nicer resorts on the islands as far as budget goes. These are just two islands I was considering checking out, however would love some help deciding between the two, and would love suggestions for others that I should look into as well. Thanks so much!
St Maarten or Grand Cayman in December?
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 2 Islands with great nightlife
- 3 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 4 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 5 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 6 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 7 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 8 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 9 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 10 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 11 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 12 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 13 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 14 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 15 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 16 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 17 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 18 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 19 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 20 Beaches Turks question
- 21 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 22 Curacao - where to stay
- 23 Dominican Republic baseball in February
- 24 May Honeymoon
- 25 Best Island for Snorkeling and Rainforests - Anguilla to Grenada