My fiance and I are in the process of planning our honeymoon trip, and have decided that we would like to head to the Caribbean in the early part of July. The islands all look absolutely amazing and upon doing some diligence, we have narrowed it down to either St Lucia (and the islands around it - Martinique) or St Baarts (and the islands around it - primarily St Maarten). We are torn between which destination to pick, as this is our first trip to the Caribbean, and given that this is our honeymoon, we want to make as sure as possible that we are making the best decision. We are looking for great beaches, low key chill-out time (as they all say the wedding will drain us), beautiful scenery, nice hotels and shopping (not critical, but nice to have). We dont mind to splurge a bit, so $ isnt too much of an issue. Can you please advise us on any thoughts and your experiences to help us make up our minds. Thank you in advance.
St Lucia vs. St Baarts for our honeymoon in July
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Four Seasons Nevis and RoamsAround thanks
- 2 2 weeks in cuba
- 3 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 4 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 5 Lodging for solo traveler in San Juan
- 6 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 7 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 8 Jamaica
- 9 Jamaica all inclusive
- 10 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 11 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 12 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 13 Cuba Opening Up
- 14 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 15 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 16 Why Barbados?
- 17 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 18 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 19 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 20 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 21 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 22 Just back from The Somerset
- 23 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 24 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 25 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers