We are planning our first family trip to the Caribbean. We have a 13 year-old and an 8 year-old. We are looking for: safe and friendly, nice beaches, would like to try snorkeling, nature-oriented activities when not on the beach. I am leaning slightly toward St. Lucia because I like the idea of hiking in the rainforest, going to waterfalls, etc, but am also looking at St. John. I am thinking of possibly renting a condo or small "villa" rather than doing an AI -- we are not huge eaters or drinkers and would like eating locally, exploring, and having our own space. We are on a budget -- I'm not sure if $5000 for the week is realistic for a family of four. I am looking forward to hearing your suggestions and ideas.
St. Lucia or St. John for first family trip to the Caribbean?
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Where to stay on Vieques
- 2 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 3 Destination Wedding Planning: DR, Jamaica, Virgin Islands, or Barbados
- 4 Concerns About Dominican Republic Trip
- 5 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 6 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 7 Bahamas 4 day Trip: July 2014
- 8 Calling all Puerto Rico experts....last minute planning of the WHOLE trip!
- 9 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 10 Bahamas snorkeling
- 11 Luxury family resort with villas and good beach
- 12 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 13 Wedding Help!
- 14 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 15 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 16 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 17 Islands with great nightlife
- 18 month stay on a caribbean island
- 19 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 20 Ferry to Rum Point
- 21 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 22 Family with infants/toddlers
- 23 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 24 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 25 Jamaica property buying and selling