We are planning our first family trip to the Caribbean. We have a 13 year-old and an 8 year-old. We are looking for: safe and friendly, nice beaches, would like to try snorkeling, nature-oriented activities when not on the beach. I am leaning slightly toward St. Lucia because I like the idea of hiking in the rainforest, going to waterfalls, etc, but am also looking at St. John. I am thinking of possibly renting a condo or small "villa" rather than doing an AI -- we are not huge eaters or drinkers and would like eating locally, exploring, and having our own space. We are on a budget -- I'm not sure if $5000 for the week is realistic for a family of four. I am looking forward to hearing your suggestions and ideas.
St. Lucia or St. John for first family trip to the Caribbean?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 2 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 3 Summer family vacation
- 4 Recommendations for Caribbean Getaway from New York
- 5 Caribbean with grown kids
- 6 Wedding/Honeymoon All In One...Looking for Helpful Advice
- 7 Where do we go?!?! help 50+ couple looking for 30 anniversary trip advice
- 8 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 9 Honeymoon destination?
- 10 Best All Inclusive for my needs.........Ideas???
- 11 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 12 Punta Cana - Adults Only favorite
- 13 Mid October Honeymoon
- 14 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 15 St. Patrick's Day in Aruba
- 16 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 17 First tropical vacation, any tips?
- 18 Anguilla Beaches
- 19 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 20 Cuba help!
- 21 Just posted my Key West trip report and photos
- 22 Nevis Trip Guidance
- 23 Rent a car?
- 24 LIAT Air
- 25 Romantic Dinner - special occasion- in Bermuda