We are planning our first family trip to the Caribbean. We have a 13 year-old and an 8 year-old. We are looking for: safe and friendly, nice beaches, would like to try snorkeling, nature-oriented activities when not on the beach. I am leaning slightly toward St. Lucia because I like the idea of hiking in the rainforest, going to waterfalls, etc, but am also looking at St. John. I am thinking of possibly renting a condo or small "villa" rather than doing an AI -- we are not huge eaters or drinkers and would like eating locally, exploring, and having our own space. We are on a budget -- I'm not sure if $5000 for the week is realistic for a family of four. I am looking forward to hearing your suggestions and ideas.
St. Lucia or St. John for first family trip to the Caribbean?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Tons of people are buzzing about Life Plus extract
- 2 50+ where to dance?
- 3 dominican republic
- 4 Puerto Rico Hotels
- 5 Restaurant for a very special birthday
- 6 Summer family vacation
- 7 St Martin
- 8 Florida or caribbean
- 9 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 10 St Croix Trip Report - Memorial Day Week
- 11 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 12 Resort villa suggestions
- 13 Beware of Sea Feathers Management Company in the Turks and Caicos!
- 14 Vacation booked, St Martin and Puerto Rico
- 15 A week in Virgin Gorda w/pool & ocean view for less than $5k??
- 16 Waterskiing in TCI???
- 17 Looking for privacy. And plunge pools!
- 18 Occidental Grand or Riu Palace Antillas?
- 19 Suggestions for Solo Travel for Woman in Late 30's
- 20 Best Island To Honeymoon To?
- 21 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 22 Honeymoon in Caribbean & US - HELP!
- 23 Some "Don't Miss" Stuff on St. Martin Please
- 24 Cost of liquor in Turks and Caicos
- 25 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!