We are planning our first family trip to the Caribbean. We have a 13 year-old and an 8 year-old. We are looking for: safe and friendly, nice beaches, would like to try snorkeling, nature-oriented activities when not on the beach. I am leaning slightly toward St. Lucia because I like the idea of hiking in the rainforest, going to waterfalls, etc, but am also looking at St. John. I am thinking of possibly renting a condo or small "villa" rather than doing an AI -- we are not huge eaters or drinkers and would like eating locally, exploring, and having our own space. We are on a budget -- I'm not sure if $5000 for the week is realistic for a family of four. I am looking forward to hearing your suggestions and ideas.
St. Lucia or St. John for first family trip to the Caribbean?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 2 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 3 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 4 Seeking luxury resort with private villas/pools
- 5 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 6 Which island?
- 7 Puerto Rico Public Transportation
- 8 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 9 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 10 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 11 St. Croix and sea grass
- 12 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 13 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 14 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 15 Bahamas Resort
- 16 Which country?
- 17 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 18 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 19 Antigua or St Martin
- 20 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 21 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 22 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 23 montego bay
- 24 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 25 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica