We are planning our first family trip to the Caribbean. We have a 13 year-old and an 8 year-old. We are looking for: safe and friendly, nice beaches, would like to try snorkeling, nature-oriented activities when not on the beach. I am leaning slightly toward St. Lucia because I like the idea of hiking in the rainforest, going to waterfalls, etc, but am also looking at St. John. I am thinking of possibly renting a condo or small "villa" rather than doing an AI -- we are not huge eaters or drinkers and would like eating locally, exploring, and having our own space. We are on a budget -- I'm not sure if $5000 for the week is realistic for a family of four. I am looking forward to hearing your suggestions and ideas.
St. Lucia or St. John for first family trip to the Caribbean?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 2 Safe for Family
- 3 Bahamas girls trip
- 4 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 5 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 6 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 7 Snorkeling
- 8 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 9 fish fry on Curacao
- 10 mosquito problem in Curacao
- 11 Place to stay and dive in Curacao for new divers
- 12 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 13 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 14 2 Weeks in Caribbean
- 15 10 days in Cuba - HELP
- 16 Restaurants in Aruba
- 17 Questions about Moving to the Carribean
- 18 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 19 St. John vs St Thomas with kids (7 and 9) for New Years week?
- 20 Good place to hear music- San Juan
- 21 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 22 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 23 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 24 Planning a honeymoon for middle of August
- 25 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please