We are planning our first family trip to the Caribbean. We have a 13 year-old and an 8 year-old. We are looking for: safe and friendly, nice beaches, would like to try snorkeling, nature-oriented activities when not on the beach. I am leaning slightly toward St. Lucia because I like the idea of hiking in the rainforest, going to waterfalls, etc, but am also looking at St. John. I am thinking of possibly renting a condo or small "villa" rather than doing an AI -- we are not huge eaters or drinkers and would like eating locally, exploring, and having our own space. We are on a budget -- I'm not sure if $5000 for the week is realistic for a family of four. I am looking forward to hearing your suggestions and ideas.
St. Lucia or St. John for first family trip to the Caribbean?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Jamaica all inclusive
- 2 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 3 Why Barbados?
- 4 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 5 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 6 Cuba Opening Up
- 7 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 8 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 9 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 10 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 11 Just back from The Somerset
- 12 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 13 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 14 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 15 Sandals Resorts
- 16 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 17 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 18 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 19 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 20 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 21 Cuba in 10 days
- 22 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 23 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 24 Best Snorkeling near/in Punta Cana?
- 25 ISO recs for high-end and high-chair-friendly meals in St. Martin