We are planning our first family trip to the Caribbean. We have a 13 year-old and an 8 year-old. We are looking for: safe and friendly, nice beaches, would like to try snorkeling, nature-oriented activities when not on the beach. I am leaning slightly toward St. Lucia because I like the idea of hiking in the rainforest, going to waterfalls, etc, but am also looking at St. John. I am thinking of possibly renting a condo or small "villa" rather than doing an AI -- we are not huge eaters or drinkers and would like eating locally, exploring, and having our own space. We are on a budget -- I'm not sure if $5000 for the week is realistic for a family of four. I am looking forward to hearing your suggestions and ideas.
St. Lucia or St. John for first family trip to the Caribbean?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 2 Tipping at AI
- 3 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 4 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 5 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 6 Traveling Solo
- 7 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 8 A Volcanic Paradise
- 9 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 10 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 11 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 12 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 13 St. Kitts, the details
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 16 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 17 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 18 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 19 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 20 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 21 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 22 8 TUFF MILES
- 23 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 24 1 week in San Juan
- 25 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?