We are planning our first family trip to the Caribbean. We have a 13 year-old and an 8 year-old. We are looking for: safe and friendly, nice beaches, would like to try snorkeling, nature-oriented activities when not on the beach. I am leaning slightly toward St. Lucia because I like the idea of hiking in the rainforest, going to waterfalls, etc, but am also looking at St. John. I am thinking of possibly renting a condo or small "villa" rather than doing an AI -- we are not huge eaters or drinkers and would like eating locally, exploring, and having our own space. We are on a budget -- I'm not sure if $5000 for the week is realistic for a family of four. I am looking forward to hearing your suggestions and ideas.
St. Lucia or St. John for first family trip to the Caribbean?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 2 St. Martin Ferry to Anguilla from Philipsburg
- 3 Caribbean Destination for Family with Teenage Girls
- 4 Jamaica help!
- 5 Four Seasons Nevis and RoamsAround thanks
- 6 2 weeks in cuba
- 7 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 8 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 9 Lodging for solo traveler in San Juan
- 10 Seeking a cliff overlooking the ocean for our wedding ceremony
- 11 Puerto Plata: Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?
- 12 Jamaica
- 13 Jamaica all inclusive
- 14 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 15 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 16 I'm traveling alone to Cuba for two weeks (American). Need advice!
- 17 Cuba Opening Up
- 18 Puerto Rico Itinerary Review, Por Favor
- 19 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 20 Why Barbados?
- 21 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 22 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 23 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 24 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 25 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach