The Golden Lemon: Arthur Leaman, a former decorating editor of House and Garden, created and runs this internationally famous, quiet retreat located at the the isolated north end of St Kitts. In bedrooms you'll find canopied, wroght-iron and four poster beds draped with mosquito netting, armoires, chaise lounges, rocking chairs, and a varitey of stunning fabrics in unconventional colors like mango and raspberry. A cool, dark, well-appointed bar and lounge offer a peaceful respite from the sun, and the restaurant is one of the best on the island. A gray-sand beach, guarded by rusty cannonballs and shaded by palm trees, offers views of St. Martin shimmering in the distance. If you were planning on bringing the little ones, however, this isn't the place for you because they do not allow children under 18 years of age. As you might gather, this place is expensive but worth it (over $275/night). (Box 17, Dieppe Bay tel.809-465-7260 or 800-633-7411. 32 rooms and suites. Restaurant, pool, tennis court, duty-free shop. AE, MC, V
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Islands with great nightlife
- 2 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 3 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 4 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 5 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 6 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 7 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 8 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 9 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 10 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 11 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 12 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 13 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 14 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 15 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 16 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 17 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 18 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 19 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 20 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 21 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 22 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 23 Beaches Turks question
- 24 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 25 Curacao - where to stay