The Golden Lemon: Arthur Leaman, a former decorating editor of House and Garden, created and runs this internationally famous, quiet retreat located at the the isolated north end of St Kitts. In bedrooms you'll find canopied, wroght-iron and four poster beds draped with mosquito netting, armoires, chaise lounges, rocking chairs, and a varitey of stunning fabrics in unconventional colors like mango and raspberry. A cool, dark, well-appointed bar and lounge offer a peaceful respite from the sun, and the restaurant is one of the best on the island. A gray-sand beach, guarded by rusty cannonballs and shaded by palm trees, offers views of St. Martin shimmering in the distance. If you were planning on bringing the little ones, however, this isn't the place for you because they do not allow children under 18 years of age. As you might gather, this place is expensive but worth it (over $275/night). (Box 17, Dieppe Bay tel.809-465-7260 or 800-633-7411. 32 rooms and suites. Restaurant, pool, tennis court, duty-free shop. AE, MC, V
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 2 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 3 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 4 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 5 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 6 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 7 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 8 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 9 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 10 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 11 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 12 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 13 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 14 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 15 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 16 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 17 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 18 Which island?
- 19 Cuba travel from Miami for US citizens
- 20 A week in TCI, and some questions
- 21 eighty+ travelers thinking of St. John
- 22 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 23 Crime in Providenciales TCI
- 24 Trying to Figure Out Whether to Stay at Airport or in Old San Juan
- 25 Turks and Caicos problems