Hello Fellow Fodorites,
My wife and I just returned from a great week in St. Kitts, and I thank you all once again for your input. Here's what we did;
Stayed at the Timothy Beach Resort, which was in an excellent location right on the beach, walking distance to the beach bars/restaurants, and only about a 20 minute walk to the Marriott and the Atlantic ocean, and several other nice restaurants. Night time was festive, with live reggae and steel band music. In addition to swimming, snorkeling and relaxing on the beach, we visited the capital of Basseterre. On another day we rented a car(Avis)and visited Romney Manor and Gardens, Caribelle Batik factory, the few sugar works ruins on the Wingfield Estate, and the Brimstone Hill Fortress. We also drove along part of the beautiful eastern penninsula area, in search of the turn-off for White House Bay(we never found it that day, and the total lack of signs didn't help!)We did however, see quite a few goats, cows and vervet monkeys along the road. Some of them appeared to be just hanging out, admiring the incredible views - as we were.
I went scuba diving(Coconut Tree Reef and the wreck of the River Taw), which was excellent. (I held off on telling my wife about the Nurse Shark we saw, until later in the day.) On another morning, we took a snorkeling tour out to White House Bay, and saw an old tugboat wreck and 5 cannons from the 1700's. The tour also included a stop at Ballast Bay reef. On another day, we hiked through the rainforest with Greg's Safaris. Our final day was spent on Nevis, and in addition to walking around Charlestown and along Pinney's beach, we arranged a hike into the woodlands of the Mt. Lilly area, to explore several ruins from the 1600's. An added treat(to some members of our group, anyway)was a brief entry into a bat cave. We had a great time, and welcome any and all questions - whilst the trip is still fresh in my mind.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 should buy quality wires
- 2 Deep sea fishing & snorkeling
- 3 8 days in USVI, St. Thomas safe yet?
- 4 Evening temperatures
- 5 7 Adults and a 51/2 month old
- 6 Young adults social scene at club med turks & caicos?
- 7 Cuba in November
- 8 Choosing Between a Rental on Nassau or Eleuethera
- 9 Calling Beach and Island Lovers .. Need your Advice!!..
- 10 Best 'Swimming' Beaches in the Caribbean- from SFO
- 11 overwhelmed by the Bahamas!
- 12 Woman, alone, islandhopping
- 13 Grand Cayman Ritz or Sandals Barbados
- 14 50th Birthday with Family
- 15 Birthday Celebration
- 16 DR - All inclusive
- 17 Young adults find others to spend time with at Club Med Columbus Isle?
- 18 St. Lucia or elsewhere?
- 19 would it be safe to drive from negril to port antonino?
- 20 50th Birthday Trip in Nov
- 21 Late May Trip
- 22 St Thomas Hotel by Airport
- 23 West Bay or Seven Stars
- 24 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 25 Cheers to Beers!
Hello Fellow Fodorites,