Hello Fellow Fodorites,
My wife and I just returned from a great week in St. Kitts, and I thank you all once again for your input. Here's what we did;
Stayed at the Timothy Beach Resort, which was in an excellent location right on the beach, walking distance to the beach bars/restaurants, and only about a 20 minute walk to the Marriott and the Atlantic ocean, and several other nice restaurants. Night time was festive, with live reggae and steel band music. In addition to swimming, snorkeling and relaxing on the beach, we visited the capital of Basseterre. On another day we rented a car(Avis)and visited Romney Manor and Gardens, Caribelle Batik factory, the few sugar works ruins on the Wingfield Estate, and the Brimstone Hill Fortress. We also drove along part of the beautiful eastern penninsula area, in search of the turn-off for White House Bay(we never found it that day, and the total lack of signs didn't help!)We did however, see quite a few goats, cows and vervet monkeys along the road. Some of them appeared to be just hanging out, admiring the incredible views - as we were.
I went scuba diving(Coconut Tree Reef and the wreck of the River Taw), which was excellent. (I held off on telling my wife about the Nurse Shark we saw, until later in the day.) On another morning, we took a snorkeling tour out to White House Bay, and saw an old tugboat wreck and 5 cannons from the 1700's. The tour also included a stop at Ballast Bay reef. On another day, we hiked through the rainforest with Greg's Safaris. Our final day was spent on Nevis, and in addition to walking around Charlestown and along Pinney's beach, we arranged a hike into the woodlands of the Mt. Lilly area, to explore several ruins from the 1600's. An added treat(to some members of our group, anyway)was a brief entry into a bat cave. We had a great time, and welcome any and all questions - whilst the trip is still fresh in my mind.
St. Kitts Trip Report
Hello Fellow Fodorites,
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Favorite Caribbean Island - Where would you retire ?
- 2 Ideas for a Quick Summer Getaway
- 3 Antigua - Do Fodorites really go there ?
- 4 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please
- 5 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 6 Caribbean with grown kids
- 7 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 8 Planning A College Graduation Trip In May
- 9 Grenada or St.Kitts/Nevis
- 10 Driving in Aurba
- 11 Quick Flight from Ft Lauderdale or Miami To Carib or Key West
- 12 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 13 Barbados question where to stay
- 14 Barbados Ferry Service
- 15 Security guard in Turks and Caicos?
- 16 Puerto Rico during Holy Week
- 17 Restaurant in Aruba
- 18 Turks & Caicos Activities - What's Your Top 3?
- 19 Turks & Caicos- Help!! Where's Your Favorite Place to Stay?
- 20 Providenciales Airport
- 21 2 weeks in Cuba
- 22 Grenada - looking for a CLEAN hotel for one night - suggestions?
- 23 Is Grenada the Ideal vacation spot for us?
- 24 Bahama's vs Costa Rica
- 25 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!