My parents, boyfriend and I are headed to the Caribbean for my 30th birthday and cannot decide which island to go to. We have looked at St. Martin, BVI, St. John, and Barbados. For the most part we have ruled out BVI do to the very expensive rates we were seeing and St. Martin because of what we read about how overly populated/crowded it is. We are looking for a place with amazing beaches (which seems to be most islands we look at), good food, beauty all around and a some fun, laid back bars that have live music playing a few nights of the week. We are leaning towards St. John but I am just afraid there will be no place to have drinks and celebrate my birthday. Barbados seems like it would offer more in the way of food and bars but I don't know if that is enough to counter the natural overall beauty and beaches of St. John's. Any thoughts or specific recommendations for either island is appreciated .
St. Johns vs. Barbados
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 2 Tipping at AI
- 3 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 4 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 5 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 6 Traveling Solo
- 7 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 8 A Volcanic Paradise
- 9 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 10 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 11 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 12 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 13 St. Kitts, the details
- 14 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 15 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 16 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 17 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 18 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 19 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 20 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 21 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 22 8 TUFF MILES
- 23 Puerto Rico Nightlife?
- 24 1 week in San Juan
- 25 AI in Punta Cana, DR? Or nearby?