My parents, boyfriend and I are headed to the Caribbean for my 30th birthday and cannot decide which island to go to. We have looked at St. Martin, BVI, St. John, and Barbados. For the most part we have ruled out BVI do to the very expensive rates we were seeing and St. Martin because of what we read about how overly populated/crowded it is. We are looking for a place with amazing beaches (which seems to be most islands we look at), good food, beauty all around and a some fun, laid back bars that have live music playing a few nights of the week. We are leaning towards St. John but I am just afraid there will be no place to have drinks and celebrate my birthday. Barbados seems like it would offer more in the way of food and bars but I don't know if that is enough to counter the natural overall beauty and beaches of St. John's. Any thoughts or specific recommendations for either island is appreciated .
St. Johns vs. Barbados
- 1 Bermuda Trip
- 2 Sailing in the Bahamas (HD Timelapse Video)
- 3 Wedding at smaller all inclusive, not in mexico?
- 4 What are the best holiday destinations in the Caribbean?
- 5 Seven Seas on T&C, what to do and what to see?
- 6 St. Thomas - Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Mariott Beach Resort
- 7 IGA Store in walking distance from the Alexandria Resort
- 8 Which island to visit???
- 9 Looking for cheap place to stay during augustus-oktober 2013
- 10 San Juan airport (SJU) public bus
- 11 Verandah Resort on Antigua
- 12 DR vs Riviera Maya - Which Resort?
- 13 Best place for a massage in Anguilla?
- 14 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 15 quiet and relaxing
- 16 Spirit Airlines to Caribbean - Need help w/carryon question.
- 17 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 18 St.Thomas St. John
- 19 Need some guidance with my Puerto Rican vacation!
- 20 Suggestions on Good Restaurants in Grand Cayman
- 21 Four Seasons Nevis or Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico?
- 22 June vacation trip for guys
- 23 Honeymoon Help!
- 24 Search Engines for Any Caribbean destination?
- 25 Anyone drive a rental car in Dominican Republic?