My parents, boyfriend and I are headed to the Caribbean for my 30th birthday and cannot decide which island to go to. We have looked at St. Martin, BVI, St. John, and Barbados. For the most part we have ruled out BVI do to the very expensive rates we were seeing and St. Martin because of what we read about how overly populated/crowded it is. We are looking for a place with amazing beaches (which seems to be most islands we look at), good food, beauty all around and a some fun, laid back bars that have live music playing a few nights of the week. We are leaning towards St. John but I am just afraid there will be no place to have drinks and celebrate my birthday. Barbados seems like it would offer more in the way of food and bars but I don't know if that is enough to counter the natural overall beauty and beaches of St. John's. Any thoughts or specific recommendations for either island is appreciated .
St. Johns vs. Barbados
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 2 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 3 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 4 Bahamas Resort
- 5 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 6 Which country?
- 7 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 8 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 9 Antigua or St Martin
- 10 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 11 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 12 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 13 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 14 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 15 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 16 St. Croix and sea grass
- 17 montego bay
- 18 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 19 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 20 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 21 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 22 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 23 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 24 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 25 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay