The trip from Cruz Bay to Coral Bay may only be 8 miles but it will take over 30 minutes of up, down, over, around, hairpin turns, on the left side of the road so you may need dramamine, but it is worth the trip especially if your dining destination is Aqua Bistro - an awesome restaurant in Coral Bay that is not listed on Fodor's list of restaurants in that locality. Folks this is a real find. They serve a delish raw tuna topped with seaweed salad entree or appetizer size. I tried the mahi mahi picatta-style served with a mushroom risotto - just wonderful! Service is terrific, prices are not unreasonable and many "winter locals" have standing weekly reservations, so book a table early and ask for Tiffany's section. The restaurant is not on the water however the large boisterous round bar does overlook Coral Bay and the casual, intimate restaurant is nestled in several patio segments surrounded by lush landscaping and bordered by the shops which, by the way, have interesting offerings that are worth a peek and a purchase!
St John - The East End - Aqua Bistro
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Southern Caribbean Cruise
- 2 Too many choices.....
- 3 Why Barbados?
- 4 Anyone found a cruise comparable to Windjammer Barefoot Cruise experience?
- 5 Lobster, Heat & Banged Up Feet - Another Awesome Exumas Adventure
- 6 Best Island for Me?
- 7 Best caribbean island to suit us.
- 8 Where to visit from San Juan for grown ups + family vacation?
- 9 Cayman Islands in April for 7 days
- 10 Best island for Christmas vacation with 4 teenage girls
- 11 Cuba with Gate 1
- 12 Anguilla stay?
- 13 It's Excellent in the Exumas ~ A week on Staniel Cay (+ Atlantis)
- 14 Back from San Juan
- 15 Bermuda visit in Sept. - 1st time
- 16 San Juan Airport
- 17 Help with choosing a Caribbean Island to visit in March
- 18 TCI Small group snorkle trip?
- 19 Club Med Columbus Isle, Bahamas or Beaches Negril, Jamaica
- 20 Resort hotels on St Croix
- 21 Storm ?
- 22 Fun island to take 17 year olds
- 23 All Inclusive Villa for Bachelor Party
- 24 Finally Exumas trip report with pictures
- 25 Kristen- where are you?????