In preparation for a trip to St. John next February I have been reading this board and I am surprised by the reports of mosquito problems. We started going to St. John in 1983 and went most years through 2001. We never had a mosquito problem. We started at Cinnamon Bay and Maho in February and then rented a couple of houses by Great Cruz Bay and then condos at Lavender Hill and Battery Hill in April. We can remember sitting outside our camping cottage at Cinammon for five years and being amazed at the total lack of any bugs. So my question is- Has the bug problem become much worse? Can we expect bugs even in dry season?
St. John mosquitos??
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 St. Patrick's Day in Aruba
- 2 Fort de France as a base to explore Martinique?
- 3 June Caribbean Vacation...where?
- 4 First tropical vacation, any tips?
- 5 Anguilla Beaches
- 6 Mid October Honeymoon
- 7 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding-REVISED
- 8 Comments regarding this Puerto Rico condo?
- 9 Cuba help!
- 10 Just posted my Key West trip report and photos
- 11 Nevis Trip Guidance
- 12 Rent a car?
- 13 LIAT Air
- 14 Romantic Dinner - special occasion- in Bermuda
- 15 Caribbean Islands Cruise
- 16 Need help with a Caribbean Destination Wedding
- 17 Bermuda in Sept for 5 nights
- 18 St. Lucia Trip Report – A Snapshot
- 19 Where do we go?!?! help 50+ couple looking for 30 anniversary trip advice
- 20 50+ where to dance?
- 21 Honeymoon in August- St Lucia ruled out help us pick a destination!
- 22 August 2015 Honeymoon Trip Ideas
- 23 All Inclusive Honeymoon
- 24 Aruba...too Americanized?
- 25 Thinking about moving to US Virgin Islands