In preparation for a trip to St. John next February I have been reading this board and I am surprised by the reports of mosquito problems. We started going to St. John in 1983 and went most years through 2001. We never had a mosquito problem. We started at Cinnamon Bay and Maho in February and then rented a couple of houses by Great Cruz Bay and then condos at Lavender Hill and Battery Hill in April. We can remember sitting outside our camping cottage at Cinammon for five years and being amazed at the total lack of any bugs. So my question is- Has the bug problem become much worse? Can we expect bugs even in dry season?
St. John mosquitos??
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Out islands of the Bahamas. Exumas? Abaco?
- 2 Villa in paradise
- 3 Vacation Review: Topic Follow-Up
- 4 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 5 Out islands, Bahamas referral
- 6 Guide to Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
- 7 Dinner or Cocktail Sailing Cruise in Bermuda?
- 8 Best places for Honeymoon!!
- 9 Tipping at AI
- 10 First time visit to Turks & Caicos -- would love advice on the island!!
- 11 Having trouble finding nonstop flights from Boston
- 12 Traveling Solo
- 13 What happened to the Maho Bay Campground property on St. John?
- 14 A Volcanic Paradise
- 15 Best Singles Vacation 35-50 in Caribbean
- 16 Turks & Caicos - no kids
- 17 Anniversary Cruise Struggling with Excursions
- 18 Food at Cove Eleuthera
- 19 St. Kitts, the details
- 20 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 21 Please help a beach vacation novice: Turks & Caicos vs. St. John vs. ...?
- 22 Scrub Island vs Turks and Caicos
- 23 St. Thomas trip with 7 year old
- 24 Help me pick an island for my first Caribbean trip
- 25 8 TUFF MILES