In preparation for a trip to St. John next February I have been reading this board and I am surprised by the reports of mosquito problems. We started going to St. John in 1983 and went most years through 2001. We never had a mosquito problem. We started at Cinnamon Bay and Maho in February and then rented a couple of houses by Great Cruz Bay and then condos at Lavender Hill and Battery Hill in April. We can remember sitting outside our camping cottage at Cinammon for five years and being amazed at the total lack of any bugs. So my question is- Has the bug problem become much worse? Can we expect bugs even in dry season?
St. John mosquitos??
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 2 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 3 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 4 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 5 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 6 Islands with great nightlife
- 7 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 8 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 9 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 10 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 11 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 12 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 13 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations
- 14 Turks Airport Question / Airfare
- 15 Anguilla Qns - beaches, restaurants, activities
- 16 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 17 Some perspective on crime in Nevis
- 18 Culebra, Vieques and other Spanish Virgins: Trip Report
- 19 Pelican Nest Villas -- Turks & Caicos -- Providenciales
- 20 Beaches Turks question
- 21 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 22 Curacao - where to stay
- 23 Dominican Republic baseball in February
- 24 May Honeymoon
- 25 Best Island for Snorkeling and Rainforests - Anguilla to Grenada