Just returned from St. John USVI for a family vacation. The island was just beautiful. But it's a long trip with the air, taxi's and ferry's from Boston. The Westin was a very nice resort. The only drawback I can mention is that the food was expensive on the Westin property and in town. The biggest flaw that I can mention is the taxi service to get to the beaches( which by the way are absolutely beautiful) and the taxi's to get into town. You can rent a car, but being alone with two teenage girls, I did not want to handle the driving around. The cars drive very fast, the roads are extremely hilly and windy. This got very expensive. Round trip with tip costs $60 to the beach each time! I do believe and gave this feedback to the Westin that they should offer their guests complimentary shuttles into town and to the beaches. After all,this is a full functional resort!
St. John Feedback
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 month stay on a caribbean island
- 2 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 3 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 4 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 5 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 6 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 7 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 8 Ferry to Rum Point
- 9 Islands with great nightlife
- 10 Family with infants/toddlers
- 11 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 12 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 13 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 14 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 15 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 16 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 17 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 18 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon
- 19 St Martin - villa rental close to the beach
- 20 Day Sailing trips in St. Martin
- 21 What are Puerto Rico's best kept secrets?
- 22 Restaraunts in Barbados
- 23 Guadalupe France - Anyone been to French Immersion there?
- 24 Studying French in the Caribbean
- 25 Jamaica Fishing Recommendations