Just returned from St. John USVI for a family vacation. The island was just beautiful. But it's a long trip with the air, taxi's and ferry's from Boston. The Westin was a very nice resort. The only drawback I can mention is that the food was expensive on the Westin property and in town. The biggest flaw that I can mention is the taxi service to get to the beaches( which by the way are absolutely beautiful) and the taxi's to get into town. You can rent a car, but being alone with two teenage girls, I did not want to handle the driving around. The cars drive very fast, the roads are extremely hilly and windy. This got very expensive. Round trip with tip costs $60 to the beach each time! I do believe and gave this feedback to the Westin that they should offer their guests complimentary shuttles into town and to the beaches. After all,this is a full functional resort!
St. John Feedback
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Best way to get to Martinique?
- 2 Martinique - solo female traveller
- 3 Bahamas girls trip
- 4 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 5 Safe for Family
- 6 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 7 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 8 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 9 Snorkeling
- 10 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 11 fish fry on Curacao
- 12 mosquito problem in Curacao
- 13 Place to stay and dive in Curacao for new divers
- 14 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 15 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 16 2 Weeks in Caribbean
- 17 10 days in Cuba - HELP
- 18 Restaurants in Aruba
- 19 Questions about Moving to the Carribean
- 20 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 21 St. John vs St Thomas with kids (7 and 9) for New Years week?
- 22 Good place to hear music- San Juan
- 23 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 24 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 25 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side