Just returned from St. John USVI for a family vacation. The island was just beautiful. But it's a long trip with the air, taxi's and ferry's from Boston. The Westin was a very nice resort. The only drawback I can mention is that the food was expensive on the Westin property and in town. The biggest flaw that I can mention is the taxi service to get to the beaches( which by the way are absolutely beautiful) and the taxi's to get into town. You can rent a car, but being alone with two teenage girls, I did not want to handle the driving around. The cars drive very fast, the roads are extremely hilly and windy. This got very expensive. Round trip with tip costs $60 to the beach each time! I do believe and gave this feedback to the Westin that they should offer their guests complimentary shuttles into town and to the beaches. After all,this is a full functional resort!
St. John Feedback
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Multiple flights in Caribbean
- 2 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 3 Rainforest Question: Better to do a Tour or go on your own?
- 4 Bahamas Resort
- 5 Need Help..Large group, wedding?
- 6 Which country?
- 7 Seeking general advice on one-to-two-month Caribbean villa rental
- 8 back to TCI, for 3rd time...
- 9 Antigua or St Martin
- 10 South Beach Hotel Barbados
- 11 Bequia or Virgin Gorda?
- 12 Is this Itinerary too ambitious???
- 13 A U.S. citizen's tour to Cuba
- 14 looking for rustic on the beach, north side
- 15 Planning possible retirement in USVI
- 16 St. Croix and sea grass
- 17 montego bay
- 18 Bermuda(I know it's not CB) or Turks
- 19 Better snorkeling - The Dominican Republic or Jamaica
- 20 Grocery Stores Near Sand Acres
- 21 Sailing Sabbatical Over -- Back from the Bahamas
- 22 BEWARE - St. Maarten Car Rental with Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental
- 23 St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef Marriot Resort - Need advice
- 24 My First Vacation Alone & First Vacation in 13 Years
- 25 Turtle Cove vs Grace Bay