Just returned from St. John USVI for a family vacation. The island was just beautiful. But it's a long trip with the air, taxi's and ferry's from Boston. The Westin was a very nice resort. The only drawback I can mention is that the food was expensive on the Westin property and in town. The biggest flaw that I can mention is the taxi service to get to the beaches( which by the way are absolutely beautiful) and the taxi's to get into town. You can rent a car, but being alone with two teenage girls, I did not want to handle the driving around. The cars drive very fast, the roads are extremely hilly and windy. This got very expensive. Round trip with tip costs $60 to the beach each time! I do believe and gave this feedback to the Westin that they should offer their guests complimentary shuttles into town and to the beaches. After all,this is a full functional resort!
St. John Feedback
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Barbados/St. John/Turks/Puerto Rico/Curacao/
- 2 Jamaica all inclusive
- 3 Why Barbados?
- 4 Supplement for body building purpose
- 5 Bahamas Out Islands OR Turks & Caicos for family of teens?!
- 6 Can you travel to Cuba without a group?
- 7 Cuba Opening Up
- 8 Looking for deep sea fishing, beaches, culture (ALL CARIBBEAN SUGGESTIONS)
- 9 Half Moon in Jamaica
- 10 ROMANTIC DINNER FOR VERY SPECIAL OCCASION- seeking advice
- 11 Aruba Beach Club - Eagle Beach
- 12 Just back from The Somerset
- 13 BodyHoliday, St. Lucia or other wellness spa recommendations?
- 14 Late October Honeymoon in the Caribbean
- 15 Advice needed: Caribbean island / beaches for small children/toddlers
- 16 Sandals Resorts
- 17 Falmouth, Jamaica that bad???
- 18 Where is the most romantic place for dinner in Bermuda?
- 19 Best place for two single girls in early 20s?!
- 20 Trip Report - Eastern Cuba 2006
- 21 Please help me decide to go to Cuba!
- 22 Cuba in 10 days
- 23 1st time to Caribbean/Turks & Caicos - suggestions
- 24 Turks/Caicos or Dominican Republic
- 25 Best Snorkeling near/in Punta Cana?