i was about to book a trip to st john and was concerned when i started reading about the recent increase in crime and home invasions. I have traveled to a few places in the Caribbean before like Aruba, St Lucia, and Playa Del Carmen and i understand that these places are relatively safe but there is always an element of crime to be wary of. I live just 2 miles outside of NYC and have lived in the shadow of NYC all my life.. so i am aware of my surroundings and how best to avoid street crime. However, home invasions are a different story. It sounds like a crew of thugs seem to know its easy to break into many of these rentals and threaten unarmed tourists and get away with it.
While it seems odds are unlikely it will happen to you (divide the number of home invasion victims over all the visitors to St John over the past few years and you will get a very low % I'm sure). i think we can be certain it will happen again.
With that being said, does anyone know if these burglaries / home invasions ever occurred on the resort properties like Caneel Bay or the Westin? These are the locations i am looking at and i was wondering if additional security is provided here. Do these burglaries only occur in the villa rentals scattered throughout town and the outskirts of town.
hoping for some insight to this issue..
Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/forum.cfm/caribbean-atlantic/virgin-islands/st-john-safetycrime-westin-caneel-bay/.0#ixzz1n8sVC8Wx
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 토토 총판 수입 《kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017 》
- 2 Snorkeling trip ideas
- 3 St. Barts
- 4 Restaurant Recommendations
- 5 Day trip FROM Anguilla
- 6 Anguilla booked and now where else?
- 7 PR or USVI
- 8 Which Caribbean island?
- 9 Cuba, March 2017, what an experience!
- 10 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 11 Barbados hotel in St. James
- 12 Which island should we visit? Non-windy beach + all-inclusive?
- 13 Luxury Hotel off the beaten path celebration?
- 14 Turks and Caicos/ Beaches/ Restaurants
- 15 Punta Cana; Bavaro Beach area, Dom. Rep.
- 16 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 17 5 days in Havana
- 18 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
- 19 Where to look for a villa on Bermuda with private staff
- 20 which Caribbean Islands don't have a big stray animal problem
- 21 Using USA credit cards in Cuba
- 22 Ten reasons you might not want to visit Cuba
- 23 resorts for age 50-60 wedding anniversary
- 24 10 pm arrival St. Maarten
- 25 Scrub Island Resort