We're two couples with two 13-month old toddlers looking to have a relaxing vacation in St. Barts (I've been to St. Martin already, so we're excited about St. Barts).
1) Any general advice for us? It seems like it'd be a relaxing island (after all the flights!).
2) Bugs: I'm hoping we'll miss the hurricanes, but it sounds like the mosquitoes are a year-round issue. Is it just isolated to dusk/dawn? Are they blood-thirsty and aggressive? We'd rather not have to douse our babies in DEET, but some forum chatter and the CDC site about dengue fever have me concerned.
3) Baby-friendly Beach: We'd like a place that's on a baby-friendly beach. It'll be hard to coordinate drives to a beach while managing baby nap schedules. Some place with calm waves that isn't too far from civilization would be preferred. Based on my research, it sounds like Petit Cul-de-Sac or Marigot?
4) We'd also need a 2 bedroom with a kitchen (again, I don't see us getting out for meals often). I didn't find anything great on homeaway...any other trusted sites to try? Has anyone used this website http://www.frenchcaribbeanvillas.com?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Jerk Chicken
- 2 BVI trip questions
- 3 Grand Cayman Top Dining and To-do's
- 4 Credit Card-Carrying US Independent Travelers Go to Cuba
- 5 St. Martin: cost of transportation to Grand Case
- 6 aruba fun!!!
- 7 How to avoid nudity in St. Maarten.
- 8 Peterson
- 9 In search of rum and revolution - Mr & Mrs Annhig go to Cuba.
- 10 Which Caribbean island to choose?
- 11 St.Lucia newbie
- 12 Anguilla - where to rent a car
- 13 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 14 Antigua vs. Barbados vs. Jamaica
- 15 Turks and caicos
- 16 Aruba weather
- 17 BFF Trip, 3 girls, 7-8 days total. Suggestions???
- 18 Dominican Republic self drive tour
- 19 Turks and caicos
- 20 Cruise stop activities
- 21 Choosing an island for summer vacation
- 22 Jade Mountain
- 23 Honeymoon Help!!
- 24 Bermuda
- 25 Restaurant Suggestions
St. Barts with toddlers in July (or Oct) - Advice on trip & lodging please!