We're two couples with two 13-month old toddlers looking to have a relaxing vacation in St. Barts (I've been to St. Martin already, so we're excited about St. Barts).
1) Any general advice for us? It seems like it'd be a relaxing island (after all the flights!).
2) Bugs: I'm hoping we'll miss the hurricanes, but it sounds like the mosquitoes are a year-round issue. Is it just isolated to dusk/dawn? Are they blood-thirsty and aggressive? We'd rather not have to douse our babies in DEET, but some forum chatter and the CDC site about dengue fever have me concerned.
3) Baby-friendly Beach: We'd like a place that's on a baby-friendly beach. It'll be hard to coordinate drives to a beach while managing baby nap schedules. Some place with calm waves that isn't too far from civilization would be preferred. Based on my research, it sounds like Petit Cul-de-Sac or Marigot?
4) We'd also need a 2 bedroom with a kitchen (again, I don't see us getting out for meals often). I didn't find anything great on homeaway...any other trusted sites to try? Has anyone used this website http://www.frenchcaribbeanvillas.com?
St. Barts with toddlers in July (or Oct) - Advice on trip & lodging please!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Is st.croix best for our family vacation with small children....
- 2 Grotto Bay Beach vs. Fairmont Southampton w/kids 6&7
- 3 Our trip to Turks and Caicos
- 4 Advice needed
- 5 July 4th in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico--go or no-go?
- 6 Family vacation with Teens/Tweens: Caymans, Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica
- 7 Bahamas or Republic of Panama
- 8 St Thomas/Puerto Rico
- 9 Does anyone know of a house or condo to rent on or near the beach in Cuba
- 10 St. Lucia or Antigua?
- 11 Beaches, Rainforest, Waterfalls- Can I have it all?
- 12 Warning-Grand Turk "Palm Grove Villas" a horrible experience!
- 13 Snorkeling In Close Proximity to Hotel
- 14 Cayman restaurant ?s
- 15 Tortola & SADE villa rental
- 16 Looking for inexpensive villas/bungalows with a private/secluded beach.
- 17 What is the best place in Turks & Caicos?
- 18 St. Thomas is dangerous
- 19 Punta Cana vs Santo Domingo, differences?
- 20 Best grocery shopping in St Thomas on way to Red Hook
- 21 Looking for luxury (but less developed) resort in Turks and Caicos
- 22 barbados advoce for family villa trip
- 23 short report: Barbados - is there anywhere this friendly?
- 24 Meditation and yoga Retreat in Caribbean or Costa Rica
- 25 Which island?