We're two couples with two 13-month old toddlers looking to have a relaxing vacation in St. Barts (I've been to St. Martin already, so we're excited about St. Barts).
1) Any general advice for us? It seems like it'd be a relaxing island (after all the flights!).
2) Bugs: I'm hoping we'll miss the hurricanes, but it sounds like the mosquitoes are a year-round issue. Is it just isolated to dusk/dawn? Are they blood-thirsty and aggressive? We'd rather not have to douse our babies in DEET, but some forum chatter and the CDC site about dengue fever have me concerned.
3) Baby-friendly Beach: We'd like a place that's on a baby-friendly beach. It'll be hard to coordinate drives to a beach while managing baby nap schedules. Some place with calm waves that isn't too far from civilization would be preferred. Based on my research, it sounds like Petit Cul-de-Sac or Marigot?
4) We'd also need a 2 bedroom with a kitchen (again, I don't see us getting out for meals often). I didn't find anything great on homeaway...any other trusted sites to try? Has anyone used this website http://www.frenchcaribbeanvillas.com?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 @!1-800-8!41-6-436))
- 2 Cuba
- 3 Scrub Island Resort
- 4 Can I take alcohol?
- 5 Virgin Gorda? 5-Year Anniversary Trip
- 6 Culinary Employment Iles Des Saintes
- 7 Island recommendation
- 8 Need Trip Ideas For Late July
- 9 Turks & Caicos or another island for a short getaway from NYC?
- 10 Zika-Free All-Inclusive Vacation
- 11 Best place to buy a vacation property I can also rent out...with a twist
- 12 Vacationing Single in Grand Cayman
- 13 Family vacation for divers
- 14 Trip Report: St. John Villa Rental
- 15 How Early to Arrive at St Maarten Airport?
- 16 Which Caribbean island is best for my family?
- 17 Island advice plz!
- 18 Cubarinking water?
- 19 First time to PR
- 20 St. John Trip Report
- 21 Aussie couple's 3/4 week trip
- 22 St Kitts' Bakery
- 23 Which Island - Family Getaway
- 24 Looking for the perfect Island in the Carribean
- 25 Coral Sands, Exuma
St. Barts with toddlers in July (or Oct) - Advice on trip & lodging please!