We're two couples with two 13-month old toddlers looking to have a relaxing vacation in St. Barts (I've been to St. Martin already, so we're excited about St. Barts).
1) Any general advice for us? It seems like it'd be a relaxing island (after all the flights!).
2) Bugs: I'm hoping we'll miss the hurricanes, but it sounds like the mosquitoes are a year-round issue. Is it just isolated to dusk/dawn? Are they blood-thirsty and aggressive? We'd rather not have to douse our babies in DEET, but some forum chatter and the CDC site about dengue fever have me concerned.
3) Baby-friendly Beach: We'd like a place that's on a baby-friendly beach. It'll be hard to coordinate drives to a beach while managing baby nap schedules. Some place with calm waves that isn't too far from civilization would be preferred. Based on my research, it sounds like Petit Cul-de-Sac or Marigot?
4) We'd also need a 2 bedroom with a kitchen (again, I don't see us getting out for meals often). I didn't find anything great on homeaway...any other trusted sites to try? Has anyone used this website http://www.frenchcaribbeanvillas.com?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 http://infosupplement.com/healthy-gc-pro-reviews
- 2 Bahamas help
- 3 Cayman VS Jamaica
- 4 Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica for toddlers -- how's the food?
- 5 Vacation suggestion, please
- 6 Best use of 800,000 Hilton points for family with toddlers?
- 7 Bitter End Yacht Club or somewhere else?
- 8 Good time of year to visit Turks & Caicos
- 9 ANTIGUA & DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CASINO SCAM ALERT!!
- 10 Best Itinerary - Brazil, Puerto Rico, Dom Republic and Cuba
- 11 New Destination
- 12 aruba planning advice
- 13 Fun Family Lunch Spot in Anguilla?
- 14 Thanksgiving Week in St. Thomas
- 15 Fun Ideas for Christmas Eve Family Dinner?
- 16 Transfer from Havana to Varadero
- 17 Atlantis Resort Bahamas
- 18 A few questions about Sonesta Great Bay
- 19 St Lucia - Where to Stay
- 20 Barbados Beaches
- 21 Negril Jamaica- upcoming stay at Sandals Beaches resort
- 22 Peterson
- 23 Which island for first visit? April/May
- 24 Cuba weather in March
- 25 Puerto Rico Itinerary help
St. Barts with toddlers in July (or Oct) - Advice on trip & lodging please!