My wife and I are planning a 7-10 day trip to the Caribbean. We are down-to-earth people who enjoy being comfortable but don't seek out "luxury" resorts per se. We enjoyed the low-key non-resorty St Croix and found it to be reasonable in terms of cost with lots to do and see besides the beach (which we both enjoy but not to the exclusion of other things). I have also traveled to Curacao, and Puerto Rico and enjoyed them in a similar way as St Croix. We are looking to splurge somewhat for this trip so have looked into flying into St Maarten, and spending half of our vacation in St Barts or Anguilla, but wonder whether $500 a day is really worth it (if we can even find something around this price on the beach in mid-February at all!) Other options are to return to where we've been, stay in St Maarten the whole time or choose a moderately priced island like St Lucia or Aruba. In short, what do St Barts or Anguilla offer to justify the expensive cost of food and lodging that my research shows to be the norm - are there any "deals" to be had? Thanks so much, and I'd be glad to share details about where we've been with other travelers if so asked....
St. Barts - Overrated or Worth Every Euro?
View all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Calling all Puerto Rico experts....last minute planning of the WHOLE trip!
- 2 Bahamas snorkeling
- 3 Should I rent a car in Aruba?
- 4 50's mom + 19 yo son Mid-Jan vaca ideas
- 5 Last Minute Urgent Advice for "my best beach vacation ever"
- 6 Luxury family resort with villas and good beach
- 7 Anniversary in May, need resort suggestions
- 8 Wedding Help!
- 9 Where to stay in Puerto Rico
- 10 San Juan PR 1 night stay
- 11 Restaurant Reservations Needed in St. John?
- 12 Islands with great nightlife
- 13 month stay on a caribbean island
- 14 St Thomas Elysian or Secret Harbour
- 15 Where to stay on Vieques
- 16 Ferry to Rum Point
- 17 Massages in Punta Cana (not in the resorts)
- 18 Family with infants/toddlers
- 19 Worst Vacation Ever - Sandals Antigua
- 20 typical question which island? St. Martin, Jamaica or TCI
- 21 Nevis or Turks and Caicos or St. Barths? Or somewhere else?
- 22 Jamaica property buying and selling
- 23 One day in Aruba/Our anniversary
- 24 4 warnings for the non-seasoned, naïve tourist about to go to St Martin.
- 25 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - June Honeymoon