My wife and I are planning a 7-10 day trip to the Caribbean. We are down-to-earth people who enjoy being comfortable but don't seek out "luxury" resorts per se. We enjoyed the low-key non-resorty St Croix and found it to be reasonable in terms of cost with lots to do and see besides the beach (which we both enjoy but not to the exclusion of other things). I have also traveled to Curacao, and Puerto Rico and enjoyed them in a similar way as St Croix. We are looking to splurge somewhat for this trip so have looked into flying into St Maarten, and spending half of our vacation in St Barts or Anguilla, but wonder whether $500 a day is really worth it (if we can even find something around this price on the beach in mid-February at all!) Other options are to return to where we've been, stay in St Maarten the whole time or choose a moderately priced island like St Lucia or Aruba. In short, what do St Barts or Anguilla offer to justify the expensive cost of food and lodging that my research shows to be the norm - are there any "deals" to be had? Thanks so much, and I'd be glad to share details about where we've been with other travelers if so asked....
St. Barts - Overrated or Worth Every Euro?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 We've done it - we've bought our flights to Cuba. Now the planning begins!
- 2 Safe for Family
- 3 Bahamas girls trip
- 4 Seek Advice on 9 days in Samana and possibly Cabarete
- 5 Barbados or St. Lucia in late August
- 6 Need help deciding which resort/island to vacation at in September
- 7 Snorkeling
- 8 ST Thomas trip report with kids at Frenchman Reef and Morningstar
- 9 fish fry on Curacao
- 10 mosquito problem in Curacao
- 11 Place to stay and dive in Curacao for new divers
- 12 Sailing in the Abacos, Bahamas
- 13 One night in Nassau - hotel help
- 14 2 Weeks in Caribbean
- 15 10 days in Cuba - HELP
- 16 Restaurants in Aruba
- 17 Questions about Moving to the Carribean
- 18 Young couple planning June/July trip to Caribbean..where should we go!?
- 19 St. John vs St Thomas with kids (7 and 9) for New Years week?
- 20 Good place to hear music- San Juan
- 21 Solo backpacking in Cuba
- 22 Honeymoon with beaches plus hiking
- 23 I got robbed in St Maarten - St Martin on the French side
- 24 Planning a honeymoon for middle of August
- 25 Puerto Rico Information Needed Please